Reply
Highlighted
Splicer
Registered: 01/23/2012
Offline
74 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

scootgar wrote:

We often forget the the changes made shouldn't be considered in their effect on the play of the game's most elite, but on the regular trooper.

--------------------------------------

Actually it's the opposite. If you want to obtain "perfect" balance, you must balance it for the top players, especially if you want to have a competetive game. I don't really want to go in detail here, if you want to know more about this, I advice you to check some RTS forums.

I do not say, that this is the best you can do for the community but it is the best for balance.

Message 141 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17603 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

HIhi2442 wrote:

You do have a point, Scootgar but the Elite players are the ones that will stay around the longest unlike the casual players who'll leave when the next big game comes out so it's kinda hard to balance it out.

As Southpaw said though, if you think the G-MAL is OP'ed then join the G-MAL Vs M9 thread and prove to us that it's OP'Ed

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos If you see me online using a Clan Tag the is not I am trolling.

I don't think it's OP.  And I disagree on the "elite sticking around."  Again, unless you can show me some actual numbers, it's all guesstimation.

I do know that as UC2 continued, I saw a constant influx of noobs buying out of the used or bargain bins.  But I'd never speak to how many.

Again, the 1% shouldn't be dicatating the game mechanics.  And the loud 1% are usually concerned with reducing their deaths, not balancing the game.



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 142 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/22/2011
Offline
4237 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

I didn't direct that last part to you but why don't you join team M9?



UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 143 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17603 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

HIhi2442 wrote:

I didn't direct that last part to you but why don't you join team M9?

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos If you see me online using a Clan Tag the is not I am trolling.

Because my shooting ability is nowhere near good enough to be meaningful.



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 144 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/09/2012
Offline
359 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

cog182 wrote:

Hola.

For starters, thanks for the feedback. 

So here's a QUICK list of some the items we'll be addressing with weapons and medals in the next map pak:

- shotgun jumping

- G-MAL stopping power (just lowering it)

- Death From Above medal (it's not functioning the way it should.... obviously)

- Tau Sniper ammo increase

We're looking into issues starting today but those are the top tier items.

Thanks for reading.

Congrats idiot!

Well done to you and the team for caving in to the whiners (G-MAL) who on this site who have nothing better to do than bleat about this gun and that gun.

Am sure you've figured out you'll be 'fixing' another gun soon that is 'Overpowered' and 'ruining the game'?

Hang on, no, you won't have figured it out because your all idiots!

WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE THE DARNED GUNS ALONE AND FIX THE SERIOUS GAMING PROBLEMS????

Party splits, blank screens, terribly unbalanced matchmaking, DLC button, rage quitter punishments...These things ruin the game!

Message 145 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17603 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

Ezio_1456 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

We often forget the the changes made shouldn't be considered in their effect on the play of the game's most elite, but on the regular trooper.

--------------------------------------

Actually it's the opposite. If you want to obtain "perfect" balance, you must balance it for the top players, especially if you want to have a competetive game. I don't really want to go in detail here, if you want to know more about this, I advice you to check some RTS forums.

I do not say, that this is the best you can do for the community but it is the best for balance.

I'm a long time RTS player.  In fact, UC is the only non-Strategy game I even play.

You've nothing to teach me there.

RTS is based on the Stone-Paper-Scissor dynamic.   This game is not.  There's not: FAl beats M-9 beats AK beats G-MAL.  It's simply finding the weapon you can wield best.  And if one weapon is wielded best by a supermajority, it's an issue.  



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 146 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
1202 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

Eugenides wrote:

He specifically said "prior to 1.03", as in how the FAL was pre-nerf. I don't know if you forgot what the game was like back then, but you cannot tell me the G-MAL is worse than that.

You're telling me then that the 1.04 FAL takes more skill to kill than the G-MAL, thus giving me the reason. No, it's no worse, but certainly similar.

Message 147 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9167 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

NeVeO wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

He specifically said "prior to 1.03", as in how the FAL was pre-nerf. I don't know if you forgot what the game was like back then, but you cannot tell me the G-MAL is worse than that.

You're telling me then that the 1.04 FAL takes more skill to kill than the G-MAL, thus giving me the reason. No, it's no worse, but certainly similar.

I'm re-reading this over and over and it seriously makes no sense to me.

.......... What?

Message 148 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/23/2012
Offline
74 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

I get your point. To me it's not only based on the vast majority. IF the top players would be using a different weapon because the say it is better, I would believe them. In that case the majority would just be using the easier to use weapon but not an overpowered one.

Right now everybody seems to agree on this weapon being the best, even top players, so it might very well be overpowered.

It seems we are talking about different things here, I was talking in general, you referred to the situation we have right now.

Message 149 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
2080 posts
 

Re: Weapon/Medal fixes in the next map pak

Mar 22, 2012

i dont deny that the gmal is easier to use on long range fights. but on midrange were the most gunfights happens, the fals recoil is ridiculous. it bounces automatically into a free headshot. and you know how strong headshots with the fal are.Yesterday i just used it for fun. and i wonder how i managed some kills against gmal users with that thing until i saw on the bottom left- headshot. but i never aimed at the head......






►!RRE◄

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday , even the Calendar says W. T. F..........




Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!
Message 150 of 180 (11 Views)
Reply
0 Likes