Mmmm, okay.

Message 21 of 281 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: No More Co-op You COD Fans!!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

I just finnished reading the answers to the month Q & A in regards to Co-op and UC3.  It's a MASSIVE let down.  What can I say? 

Am I surprised?  No, but that does not make it any better, or any easier to accept. 

I like to take the chance to again thank those who have really put forth great effort to hightlight, advise, and propose things for Co-op in UC3.  The reason I enter Co-op threads, and have since before the beginning of UC3's run, is because no one advocates for the mode.  Very few have done so on this title.  To those who have, again, my thanks and appreciation, you know who you are. 

And, now, because NDI won't do it, I will:

I'M SORRY FOLKS.  WE DID EVERYTHING WE COULD, BUT IT HAS FALLEN ON DEAF EARS.  I'M SORRY THAT YOU PUT IN TIME, EFFORT, THOUGHT, AND ANALYSIS ONLY TO HEAR WHAT WE FEARED MOST:  NOTHING WILL BE DONE.  WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.   SO, I'M SORRY, CAUSE NDI WON'T SAY SO. 

And NDI, in the off chance that you folks actually do read this stuff, know this:  Expectations for Co-op for this title were VERY HIGH and you came up embrassingly SHORT.  Here's hoping you get your proverbial head out of your proverbial butt when it comes time to put TLOU's Co-op together.  MAKE SURE IT HAS SURVIAL ONLY, CAUSE THIS COMBINED MODE STUFF SUCKS THE BIG ONE.  MAKE PLANS TO WORK ON, FIX, AND ADD TO THE MODE.  MAKE IT A BETTER FEATURE OF THE MP, LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THIS GAME. 

YOU HEARD? 

Message 22 of 281 (464 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Since ND seems to ignore all of the current co-op threads, maybe it's time to try a different approach. Instead of putting co-op in the title, use something like "Look ND, $$$$$!"

I don't get why ND continues to ignore co-op fans. Co-op seems to be much more casual-friendly. I have several friends who mostly (and in some cases only) play co-op. They like playing Uncharted, but don't enjoy the competitive modes. They just want to play a game or two, relax, and socialize without being insulted by some foul-mouthed brat. They aren't the type of players who post on forums or watch UC videos on YouTube. However, that doesn't mean they don't enjoy Uncharted any less than people who prefer competitive. It's all a matter of personal preference. For whatever reason though, ND seems to view co-op fans as the Fredo Corleone of the family.

Message 23 of 281 (444 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Oct 11, 2012

RalphsBentWookie wrote:

Since ND seems to ignore all of the current co-op threads, maybe it's time to try a different approach. Instead of putting co-op in the title, use something like "Look ND, $$$$$!"

I don't get why ND continues to ignore co-op fans. Co-op seems to be much more casual-friendly. I have several friends who mostly (and in some cases only) play co-op. They like playing Uncharted, but don't enjoy the competitive modes. They just want to play a game or two, relax, and socialize without being insulted by some foul-mouthed brat. They aren't the type of players who post on forums or watch UC videos on YouTube. However, that doesn't mean they don't enjoy Uncharted any less than people who prefer competitive. It's all a matter of personal preference. For whatever reason though, ND seems to view co-op fans as the Fredo Corleone of the family.

Smiley Very Happy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 24 of 281 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

RalphsBentWookie wrote:

The co-op player doesn't have a lot to complain about so they wouldn't really be here. The numbers are probably faked taken from the amount of competitive complaints vs the co-op complaints.

Hell they even said the players were rising. LOL yeah... It's called GOTY Edition.

They will be gone soon enough.

Message 25 of 281 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2201 posts

Oct 11, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

don't mind him he doesn't know how things work around here on the forums yet

Ive been here since christmas last year. And i was saying its ironic that he says that comp has a whiny 12 year old competitive audience...and he is kinda complaining. What he gets mad about is no different to what anyone else complains about.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 26 of 281 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Best thread ever. Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 281 (406 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Ive been here since christmas last year. And i was saying its ironic that he says that comp has a whiny 12 year old competitive audience...and he is kinda complaining. What he gets mad about is no different to what anyone else complains about.

It is different when one mode receives 15 patches vs 2 patches for the mode he likes.

It's justified. I'm not saying that to attack you, just trying to let you know there is a huge difference in why his complaints are more valid than most competitive ones.

There are some great competitive ones that need attention too, mostly Plunder and Objective based though.

Message 28 of 281 (404 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

so what you're saying is he is a whiny 12 year old??

Sleep Matt signature
Message 29 of 281 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Sad day for co-op fans.

As a co-op only player 482 crushing this may be my last post what's the point thanks for the truth ND.

Message 30 of 281 (380 Views)
0 Likes