Sep 07 2012
By: jolince2 Monster Hunter 30 posts

Wack'n roll/Melee-roll stuff

50 replies 894 views Edited Sep 7, 2012

Hi everyone,

Just a little thread just to know what you guys think about this trick ; the punch'n roll thing ? Do you think it's fair ? Do you think it's balanced ?

Personnally, I guess it's one of the most stupid thing I've seen so far in a game. When you melee someone, and you remove the half of his health, you should be "punished" for that, like it was in Uncharted 2. You shouldn't be able to take advantage of it.

I don't know if it was a trick that was intended by Naughty Dog... but it's really bad in my opinion. Like it wasn't enough with all that blindifre accuracy overall, there's a trick that allows you to play some Catch ; which makes people tend to do nothing but CQC only.

ND's way to troll you since November 2011 :
Hint : "Aiming is always more accurate than running and gunning"
Message 1 of 51 (894 Views)
Sackboy
556 posts

Re: Wack'n roll/Melee-roll stuff

Sep 7, 2012

For some reason, I never manage to make it work for me, but if someone tries this on me, they usually get shot by the time they roll away from me Smiley Very Happy

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 2 of 51 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Sep 7, 2012

It was intended by Naughty Dog, but I don't think they intended it to cut out so much of the melee animation. Most people do it so fast that you barely even see the melee, and I think it was meant to only cut out a very small part of the animation at the end.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 3 of 51 (879 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Sep 7, 2012

jolince2 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just a little thread just to know what you guys think about this trick ; the punch'n roll thing ? Do you think it's fair ? Do you think it's balanced ?

Personnally, I guess it's one of the most stupid thing I've seen so far in a game. When you melee someone, and you remove the half of his health, you should be "punished" for that, like it was in Uncharted 2. You shouldn't be able to take advantage of it.

I don't know if it was a trick that was intended by Naughty Dog... but it's really bad in my opinion. Like it wasn't enough with all that blindifre accuracy overall, there's a trick that allows you to play some Catch ; which makes people tend to do nothing but CQC only.

Is it fair? I guess so...

Is it balanced? No.

Include lag as a major factor in this game which it is in every single match and it takes away some fun from the game as you are sure to end up in double melee knockout or punching someone who isn't even there.

This method has also increased revenge usage I'm seeing. If your gonna die, try to take someone with you.

Message 4 of 51 (855 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Sep 7, 2012
i prefer hot chicken rolls myself
Message 5 of 51 (844 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

Let's elliminate "Wack N Roll" by implementing a three melee hit system. 

I really enjoy alot of what BIG2KREW does, but "Wack N Roll" is for the birds.  It's just dumb and is somehow mistaken for skill.  Put a 3 hit melee lab in and let's watch all these 'Wack N Roll" robots deal with that for a bit.  Or as the OP mentioned, revert back to something like UC2 where the melee addict gets super punished. 

Melee should be a last resort option in CQC, not THE OPTION for getting your 5 NOT ALIVE on to some type of fake, watered-down version of a BS YouTube top plays show.   

Message 6 of 51 (821 Views)
Sackboy
476 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

I really enjoy alot of what BIG2KREW does, but "Wack N Roll" is for the birds.  It's just dumb and is somehow mistaken for skill.  Put a 3 hit melee lab in and let's watch all these 'Wack N Roll" robots deal with that for a bit.  Or as the OP mentioned, revert back to something like UC2 where the melee addict gets super punished. 

Melee should be a last resort option in CQC, not THE OPTION for getting your 5 NOT ALIVE on to some type of fake, watered-down version of BS YouTube top plays show.  

This I completely agree, lag makes this tactic unreliable and cheap, melee should be 3HK  anyways 

Message 7 of 51 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
588 posts

Sep 7, 2012

I actually like this "trick" (if you want to call it a trick anyways)

in Uncharted 2, Rolling was just Plain Slow and USELESS.

but in Uncharted 3, its actually alot fast and it has a "usefullness" (is that even a word?) 

I mean, there should always be a way to avoid anything....in Uncharted 2, when ever you get close to someone, you have no choice but to mash [Square] and hope the best.... it was a broken down mess if you ask me....

it ain't like that in Uncharted 3, so I am fine and cool with it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 8 of 51 (799 Views)
Survivor
2838 posts

Sep 7, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Melee should be a last resort option in CQC, not THE OPTION for getting your 5 NOT ALIVE on to some type of fake, watered-down version of a BS YouTube top plays show.   

I'd at least like to try it in a Lab (aside from Hardcore).

I never understood why people who advocate aiming in the game wouldn't advocate a less powerful melee system. 

I would rather melee someone and see them start shooting at me, and to get punished for it. I should've been shooting, too.

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 9 of 51 (797 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Sep 7, 2012

I don't know if it was intended by ND, The animation seems pretty glitchy.

Message 10 of 51 (788 Views)
0 Likes