Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Eternal21 wrote:

As stated by OP, the best trophies are those requiring skill (like Overseer, Triumvirate).  The worst trophies are those requiring grinding.  Treasure Trophies were a horrible idea.  Anyone that says otherwise is a complete dolt.  There are people on top 10 coop leaderboards that still don't have all the treasures.  ND better not drop the ball on this one, and fix the treasure system, so that people don't have to spend another 1000 hours grinding coop arenas just to get the few rares they're missing.


I'm nowhere near the top 10. I gave up.

 

I don't really play the game much unless I want to test the new lab these days. All that is down to the trophies.

 



Message 41 of 135 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/11/2007
Offline
4016 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

Eternal21 wrote:

As stated by OP, the best trophies are those requiring skill (like Overseer, Triumvirate).  The worst trophies are those requiring grinding.  Treasure Trophies were a horrible idea.  Anyone that says otherwise is a complete dolt.  There are people on top 10 coop leaderboards that still don't have all the treasures.  ND better not drop the ball on this one, and fix the treasure system, so that people don't have to spend another 1000 hours grinding coop arenas just to get the few rares they're missing.


If it was only grinding you would know how far you are towards getting it. But the coop treasures require a bloody lot of luck.


True.  It's worse than griding.  It's luck grinding.

 

Message 42 of 135 (333 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/19/2010
Offline
550 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Eternal21 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TigerLust wrote:

Hasta, great posts - kudo's to both of them!


IzunaShisui wrote:

Since when are weapons prioritised over nades?


Wow, you never pressed triangle and downgraded weapons instead of throwing back a grenade or reviving a mate?  Well, I certianly don't blame you for not playing more than ten minutes...


how about you get more experienced yourself before you insult others, because if YOU had played more than 10 minutes you would have known that you only pick up weapons if you fail to press triangle at the right time, if you time it right you will ALWAYS throw back the grenade instead of picking up a weapon, there is indeed a problem with reviving though in coop, but Izuna did not mention that, so you didn't read what he said AND made a stupid statement, well done sir


There is a workaround for the coop issue.  If a nade falls down by a downed teammate, instead holding traingle quickly tap it a few times, and it will 'freeze' the grenade.  But yes, I agree, you only pick up weapons when you press triangle at the wrong time.

 


I don't know about the triangle button thing. Maybe you are right, but I find it more than a coincidence that I almost always throwback nades when there is no weapon present and almost always pick up a weapon when one is present: I noticed this when farming chateau for treasures and I would melee a guy above where the previous NPCs were dying and weapons had been piled up. However, even if you do miss the white zone, weapon pickups should be disabled whenever a throwback nade or meter is present. It's still bad programming because a developer should know no one wants to pick up a weapon when an active nade is present.

Photobucket
Message 43 of 135 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/18/2012
Offline
353 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

 

UC3's DLC trophies was sushi that was shoved down my throat by a kidnapper. I never went looking for it.  

 


^ Ridiculous. As someone who has been kidnapped and force fed sushi, I find this comparison hurtful and offensive. Please be a bit more sensitive the next time you construct a metaphor.  

Message 44 of 135 (300 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Eternal21 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TigerLust wrote:

Hasta, great posts - kudo's to both of them!


IzunaShisui wrote:

Since when are weapons prioritised over nades?


Wow, you never pressed triangle and downgraded weapons instead of throwing back a grenade or reviving a mate?  Well, I certianly don't blame you for not playing more than ten minutes...


how about you get more experienced yourself before you insult others, because if YOU had played more than 10 minutes you would have known that you only pick up weapons if you fail to press triangle at the right time, if you time it right you will ALWAYS throw back the grenade instead of picking up a weapon, there is indeed a problem with reviving though in coop, but Izuna did not mention that, so you didn't read what he said AND made a stupid statement, well done sir


There is a workaround for the coop issue.  If a nade falls down by a downed teammate, instead holding traingle quickly tap it a few times, and it will 'freeze' the grenade.  But yes, I agree, you only pick up weapons when you press triangle at the wrong time.

 


I don't know about the triangle button thing. Maybe you are right, but I find it more than a coincidence that I almost always throwback nades when there is no weapon present and almost always pick up a weapon when one is present: I noticed this when farming chateau for treasures and I would melee a guy above where the previous NPCs were dying and weapons had been piled up. However, even if you do miss the white zone, weapon pickups should be disabled whenever a throwback nade or meter is present. It's still bad programming because a developer should know no one wants to pick up a weapon when an active nade is present.


I'm sure throwback has the priority. If you take a weapon you missed the throwback.

Message 45 of 135 (298 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/23/2007
Offline
1802 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012
BEST. POST. EVER.
Message 46 of 135 (284 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/23/2007
Offline
1802 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Eternal21 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TigerLust wrote:

Hasta, great posts - kudo's to both of them!


IzunaShisui wrote:

Since when are weapons prioritised over nades?


Wow, you never pressed triangle and downgraded weapons instead of throwing back a grenade or reviving a mate?  Well, I certianly don't blame you for not playing more than ten minutes...


how about you get more experienced yourself before you insult others, because if YOU had played more than 10 minutes you would have known that you only pick up weapons if you fail to press triangle at the right time, if you time it right you will ALWAYS throw back the grenade instead of picking up a weapon, there is indeed a problem with reviving though in coop, but Izuna did not mention that, so you didn't read what he said AND made a stupid statement, well done sir


There is a workaround for the coop issue.  If a nade falls down by a downed teammate, instead holding traingle quickly tap it a few times, and it will 'freeze' the grenade.  But yes, I agree, you only pick up weapons when you press triangle at the wrong time.

 


I don't know about the triangle button thing. Maybe you are right, but I find it more than a coincidence that I almost always throwback nades when there is no weapon present and almost always pick up a weapon when one is present: I noticed this when farming chateau for treasures and I would melee a guy above where the previous NPCs were dying and weapons had been piled up. However, even if you do miss the white zone, weapon pickups should be disabled whenever a throwback nade or meter is present. It's still bad programming because a developer should know no one wants to pick up a weapon when an active nade is present.


I'm sure throwback has the priority. If you take a weapon you missed the throwback.



You guys are nuts. I spent several crushing co-op arena games specifically trying to get the throwback medals, and I can tell you for a fact that if you melee a guy and push triangle over his downed body, it will pick up the weapon rather than tossing back the grenade more often than not (and yes, the grenade indicator was in the white).

Message 47 of 135 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

onuosfan wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Eternal21 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TigerLust wrote:

Hasta, great posts - kudo's to both of them!


IzunaShisui wrote:

Since when are weapons prioritised over nades?


Wow, you never pressed triangle and downgraded weapons instead of throwing back a grenade or reviving a mate?  Well, I certianly don't blame you for not playing more than ten minutes...


how about you get more experienced yourself before you insult others, because if YOU had played more than 10 minutes you would have known that you only pick up weapons if you fail to press triangle at the right time, if you time it right you will ALWAYS throw back the grenade instead of picking up a weapon, there is indeed a problem with reviving though in coop, but Izuna did not mention that, so you didn't read what he said AND made a stupid statement, well done sir


There is a workaround for the coop issue.  If a nade falls down by a downed teammate, instead holding traingle quickly tap it a few times, and it will 'freeze' the grenade.  But yes, I agree, you only pick up weapons when you press triangle at the wrong time.

 


I don't know about the triangle button thing. Maybe you are right, but I find it more than a coincidence that I almost always throwback nades when there is no weapon present and almost always pick up a weapon when one is present: I noticed this when farming chateau for treasures and I would melee a guy above where the previous NPCs were dying and weapons had been piled up. However, even if you do miss the white zone, weapon pickups should be disabled whenever a throwback nade or meter is present. It's still bad programming because a developer should know no one wants to pick up a weapon when an active nade is present.


I'm sure throwback has the priority. If you take a weapon you missed the throwback.



You guys are nuts. I spent several crushing co-op arena games specifically trying to get the throwback medals, and I can tell you for a fact that if you melee a guy and push triangle over his downed body, it will pick up the weapon rather than tossing back the grenade more often than not (and yes, the grenade indicator was in the white).


Now some noob that plays only for trophies is telling us "Real" Uncharted players how the game works?

You just miss thats a fact. I NEVER EVER have problems throwing nades back unless I see I missed them. And yes when I miss it picks up a weapon when there is one next to me.

 

Its ironic that everyone that complains is over trophy level 20.

Message 48 of 135 (276 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2011
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

I should look at your trophy list, Mr OP. Then I can judge you better. Anyway, your point about the trophies coming AFTER the dlc was released for months is valid, the treasure trophies are ridiculous, I can only agree with that.

 

But the fact 2 of your points were incorrect, made me put you in that category ''whining trophyhunters''. 

It appears to me that you have this thing called OCD. I feel sorry for you, and I hope Naugthy Dog helped you fix that issue of yours. 

 

It helped a few others on ps3t.org. Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 135 (242 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 25, 2012

IzunaShisui wrote:

I should look at your trophy list, Mr OP. Then I can judge you better. Anyway, your point about the trophies coming AFTER the dlc was released for months is valid, the treasure trophies are ridiculous, I can only agree with that.

 

But the fact 2 of your points were incorrect, made me put you in that category ''whining trophyhunters''. 

It appears to me that you have this thing called OCD. I feel sorry for you, and I hope Naugthy Dog helped you fix that issue of yours. 

 

It helped a few others on ps3t.org. Smiley Wink


From what I understand many of the PS3T users wont buy another ND game, didn't fix anything except for a lack of future revenue for the company

 

 



Message 50 of 135 (210 Views)