Wastelander
622 posts

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 27, 2012

Also, if say, a skillful trophy, such as completing a race under a limited amount of time, if some one was not as skillful, wouldn't it take around the same time as mindless grinding? 

Message 71 of 135 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

rapha_333 wrote:
I agree, trophies in Uncharted, both single player and multiplayer are just not fun. They take time to complete but are not challenging themselves . Hopefully, the improved treasure system in 1.15 helps in fixing this problem

Seriously. If I wanted to collect and find rare treasures, I wouldn't be on a video game I'd be outside with a metal detector or something.

Developers wont stop this though until gamers finally find a united voice.

Italic part was one of the funniest things I´ve ever read on this forum xDD

I said from day one Multiplayer trophies for this game was a bad bad idea. Well, the masterminds there at Naughty Dog didn´t listen, so...why even bother giving them feedback if they are just gonna do it their own way and screw gamers.

I sense a boycott coming very soon.

Message 72 of 135 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 28, 2012

If i could i  would award you with 2 GOLD trophy's for taking the time to type all the up with a controller if you did it that way. 

And if i could i would give award you with a PLATINUM trophy for saving me the time and money from buying that game.

Thanks for the Heads Up.

Message 73 of 135 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Sep 28, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Also, if say, a skillful trophy, such as completing a race under a limited amount of time, if some one was not as skillful, wouldn't it take around the same time as mindless grinding? 

Mirrors Edge took me that time. Which I didn't mind, It made me better at the game and it was entirely my fault for not being good enough to begin with.

Mindless grinding has nothing to do with being good at a game, it's just a cheap way to keep people playing, which in most cases they get annoyed and quit anyway so it ends up accomplishing nothing except annoying the end user.

When a consumer is annoyed with a developer that occasionally hurts future sales.

The lesson to be learned is to not annoy your users because they feed your families at the end of the day by buying your games.

Message 74 of 135 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3878 posts

Sep 28, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

I'd rather spend 100 hours gradually getting better at the game, than 50 hours mindlessly farming Chateau/Hunter for treasures.

Message 75 of 135 (251 Views)
Sackboy
550 posts

Sep 30, 2012

The consequences of excessive time/repetitive based trophies: the darker side of trophy hunting.

You might think that such trophies only waste the time of the player attempting to earn them, but you would be wrong because they also hurt and waste other people’s time too. Players now have more of a reason to play games where the mode’s objective is the farthest thing from their mind.

Players like me are hurting fellow team mates when we go searching for specific types of kills or actions. People have done that before the trophies when leveling up boosters, but now because of the obsession with 50, some people will have to do so even more than ever before.

Yesterday, for instance I spent most of my time getting the Master Assassin trophy, which meant getting at least 3 Oh Snaps per match. I did so in plunder and not once did I care whether my team was winning or losing. The only time I cared about the idol was when it would let me get a sense of in which direction the enemy was looking so I could flank them. Once in a while I would grab it and throw it into a good heavy crossfire zone so neither side could easily move it. I put on my Kal with ROF in case people saw me, but otherwise I would just hide and flank, until the right kill for me came along. Originally players only needed to get 20 or so assassins to rank up Cloaked, but now that it is 50, more players will be wasting more peoples’ time … unless they do so in a trophy boosting group. Anyways if you were on my team yesterday, you were almost always one guy short, sorry you can blame me for the extra losses and the longer than necessary matches … but you can also blame Naughty Dog.

My current objective is NSPs. Since I already have all my objective wins, expansionists, etc. I will be using the backout trick to always play matches from the start, so don’t expect me to help out any team that is down on players. Also since you can’t usually get NSPs in the last few rounds, I probably will never stick around until a match is over regardless of if we are winning or losing. If it looks like an NSP isn’t going to happen due to the map or the nature of the enemy team or my team, I’ll be backing out. In chained reaction I will be only taking places that let me shoot the enemy, as I prefer that our team never gets to the 5th one. Any time that is not NSP time is a waste of my time, sorry. It’s too bad they put needing so many of these medals in here, because before this trophy, no one would have cared about NSPs since they were not needed for any booster, and so now this mode and the players who play this mode are being unnecessarily hurt. But Naughty Dog probably never bothered to try to foresee how certain unnecessarily lengthy trophies could hurt a game mode. And the more of them they force players to need, the more they hurt the game mode.

So by creating some unnecessarily time/repetitive based trophies, Naughty Dog has not only created an unnecessary burden for the trophy hunters, they are also fostering much collateral damage. Helping to ruin the online experience of other players, one trophy at a time.

Photobucket
Message 76 of 135 (204 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Bleah!!!
Message 77 of 135 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I'm victim because new trophy and legacy. other game not baned because they boost. but this game isn't.

some trophy need time consume. boosting is best way for speed 100% for play other game. i don't want to waste my time for one game trophy. i have many game to play. i agree with your topic. good treMan Very Happyad

Message 78 of 135 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 30, 2012
You're no victim. Boosters deserve bans. It's your fault, and not every booster can be caught, but game devs will ban the ones they can. And if you make a thread saying you boosted ont he official forums, you bet your **bleep** you'll be banned.

Message 79 of 135 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 30, 2012

other game boosting not wrong.. i play many game. you can check my id. but this game isn't. they aren't ban many people who keep raise ratio but ban me and fd because boost for 100%. not fair.

Message 80 of 135 (295 Views)
0 Likes