Fender Bender
2960 posts

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter (Updated Oct 8 2012)

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

Triptent wrote:

After countless hours of mindless treasure grinding I have finally achieved 100% .

Naughty Dog you succeeded and failed with these 50 add on trophies.

You succeeded at making me resent Uncharted 3.

You failed at ruining my 100% completion percentage. Tryharder.

what a childish response, seriously... if you really think Naughty Dog added these 50 thropies just to ruin your 100% completion then you really have no life, and if you start hating on a game just because it adds to difficult thropies, then you don't have one either, do something about it... this thropy obsession has corrupted your mind

Message 131 of 137 (314 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I thought the platinum trophy works without the extra trophies...
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 132 of 137 (307 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1112 posts

Oct 23, 2012

One Day... One Day... these Treasure Drop Rates will be fixed.  I honestly think ND should make the Co-op Treasures buyable with in-game cash (Not Real Cash Smiley Indifferent)   

Best way I can relate this Treasure Trophy too is the Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls. If you done it legit you'll have to farm the  Black Phatom Skeleton in Shrine of the Storms. The Pure Bladestone will drop at a 1/200 Ratio.  Luckily though you could get this stone from other players in the Online Community. 

However in Uncharted 3 it's like a 20 Rare Treasures that drop maybe once in Co-op Hunter Session/ Farm in Co-op Adventure.

Message 133 of 137 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2246 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Triptent wrote:

After countless hours of mindless treasure grinding I have finally achieved 100% .

Naughty Dog you succeeded and failed with these 50 add on trophies.

You succeeded at making me resent Uncharted 3.

You failed at ruining my 100% completion percentage. Tryharder.

what a childish response, seriously... if you really think Naughty Dog added these 50 thropies just to ruin your 100% completion then you really have no life, and if you start hating on a game just because it adds to difficult thropies, then you don't have one either, do something about it... this thropy obsession has corrupted your mind

Agreed although your definition of a No-lifer is not the best.

I got 83% completion and Uncharted 3 doesn't do anything with that.

http://psnprofiles.com/Hielke6991

I don't care that much I still got 97% and I will get he last 3% some day.

Signature02.png

Message 134 of 137 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Oct 27, 2012

fyiByas wrote:

One Day... One Day... these Treasure Drop Rates will be fixed.  I honestly think ND should make the Co-op Treasures buyable with in-game cash (Not Real Cash Smiley Indifferent)   

Best way I can relate this Treasure Trophy too is the Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls. If you done it legit you'll have to farm the  Black Phatom Skeleton in Shrine of the Storms. The Pure Bladestone will drop at a 1/200 Ratio.  Luckily though you could get this stone from other players in the Online Community. 

However in Uncharted 3 it's like a 20 Rare Treasures that drop maybe once in Co-op Hunter Session/ Farm in Co-op Adventure.

Some friends told me that they would not change the treasure drop rates for co-op in 1.15 and they seem to have been correct. After thinking about it, I doubt they will ever change the co-op treasure drop rates; I have never seen or heard of a game where any trophy was made easier to obtain besides a truly impossible/glitched trophy.

I farmed pure bladestone! lol Fun times. I can honestly say that farming those red skeletons was tons more fun and memorable than farming for co-op treasures in UC3. But then again Demon's Souls and Dark Souls belong to a dying species of game (pun intended). Praise the sun, bro! 

Photobucket
Message 135 of 137 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Oct 27, 2012
The developers of 3D Dot Game Heroes made it much easier to get a certain trophy because many complained that it was too hard, so that's one example I can think of right away. If there's anything Naughty Dog should learn from this, then it is that no game has ever sold less because it had easy trophies. If anything, games with easy trophies will have increased sales because they appeal to trophy hunters.

I really can't understand how some of these trophies made their way into the DLC considering the backlash some of the DLC trophies in UC2 got.
Message 136 of 137 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Oct 27, 2012

WOW, that was a lot and absolutely true. I also noticed Bronze trophies have been harder than silver and sometimes gold since 2010 when RDR first came out.

Message 137 of 137 (180 Views)
0 Likes