Reply
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 10/01/2008
Online
586 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Creativity of ND has died and the quality dropped.  Single player missing the fun cheats of the first two games, I ran into more bugs playing through single player the first time than I have playing UC1/2 several times over combined.  Half of UC3 multiplayer is just recycled from UC2.

The trophies are just an extention of this, creatively dead, same thing rehashed for many of them and several months after they should have arrived.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 31 of 135 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/12/2009
Offline
11 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Hasta, great posts - kudo's to both of them!


IzunaShisui wrote:

Since when are weapons prioritised over nades?


Wow, you never pressed triangle and downgraded weapons instead of throwing back a grenade or reviving a mate?  Well, I certianly don't blame you for not playing more than ten minutes...

Message 32 of 135 (258 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
14140 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
trophies shouldn't be "easy" because ten a platinum trophy wouldn't mean anything.

Trophies should be difficult, but fun.

I am fine with these online trophies being difficult, since it gives you a challenge, but does not count towards the platinum.

Online trophies should never cout towards platinum, because is it complete bullsh*t when you can't platinum a game like Mercanries 2 because EA disconnected the servers.

And I need to find 6 people to get my last trophy in skate 3 for platinum.

So basically: trophies should be challenging, But still fun, but definitely not easy. And online trophies should be extra: not count towards platinum.

I am fine with the trophies ND added to the mutiplayer, they are extra, reward you for playing the MP and do not block you from getting a platinum.

Difficult - Mirrors Edge time trials but a lot of fun to do, don't include rage and actually depend on a players skill or learning capabilties.

 

Stupid - Treasure drops - relies on 100% luck, any developer who makes a trophy that requires no skill needs to rethink how games are made and what the purpose of them really is.

 

ND have still lost their way really.

 

I don't trash Wipeout HD's platinum. It's attainable, I'm just not good enough at the game to attain it. Requires a lot of skill at the game that I just don't have and never will have. Even if it does possibly break that barrier of what is difficult or impossible to me, but the key point there is what is impossible to me isn't impossible to someone else. So I'd have to accept that it's not that bad considering there could have been trophies that require luck over skill.

 



Message 33 of 135 (250 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3465 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

TigerLust wrote:

Hasta, great posts - kudo's to both of them!


IzunaShisui wrote:

Since when are weapons prioritised over nades?


Wow, you never pressed triangle and downgraded weapons instead of throwing back a grenade or reviving a mate?  Well, I certianly don't blame you for not playing more than ten minutes...


how about you get more experienced yourself before you insult others, because if YOU had played more than 10 minutes you would have known that you only pick up weapons if you fail to press triangle at the right time, if you time it right you will ALWAYS throw back the grenade instead of picking up a weapon, there is indeed a problem with reviving though in coop, but Izuna did not mention that, so you didn't read what he said AND made a stupid statement, well done sir

Message 34 of 135 (248 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/21/2011
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

 This is the best thread ever created here.

 

I couldn't agree more with everything Hastatus said.

 

I don't understand how ND can casually try to destroy my 100% profile that I have worked on going on 3 years.

 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all the trophies except trying to get the treasures. Who seriously want to play countless hours of hunter and make absolutely no progress. Where is the fun?

 

 

 

Message 35 of 135 (209 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2381 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Triptent wrote:

 This is the best thread ever created here.

 

I couldn't agree more with everything Hastatus said.

 

I don't understand how ND can casually try to destroy my 100% profile that I have worked on going on 3 years.

 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all the trophies except trying to get the treasures. Who seriously want to play countless hours of hunter and make absolutely no progress. Where is the fun?

 

 

 


 

Nice sig, It explains it all.

Message 36 of 135 (204 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
14140 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Triptent wrote:

 This is the best thread ever created here.

 

I couldn't agree more with everything Hastatus said.

 

I don't understand how ND can casually try to destroy my 100% profile that I have worked on going on 3 years.

 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all the trophies except trying to get the treasures. Who seriously want to play countless hours of hunter and make absolutely no progress. Where is the fun?

 

 

 


 

Oh man... That signature.

 

If I was you I'd be extremely angry. Oh.. I already am, but I'd be jumping around throwing hissy fits if I was you.

 

They certainly stole that from you.



Message 37 of 135 (201 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/11/2007
Online
3757 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

As stated by OP, the best trophies are those requiring skill (like Overseer, Triumvirate).  The worst trophies are those requiring grinding.  Treasure Trophies were a horrible idea.  Anyone that says otherwise is a complete dolt.  There are people on top 10 coop leaderboards that still don't have all the treasures.  ND better not drop the ball on this one, and fix the treasure system, so that people don't have to spend another 1000 hours grinding coop arenas just to get the few rares they're missing.

Message 38 of 135 (171 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/11/2007
Online
3757 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 24, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TigerLust wrote:

Hasta, great posts - kudo's to both of them!


IzunaShisui wrote:

Since when are weapons prioritised over nades?


Wow, you never pressed triangle and downgraded weapons instead of throwing back a grenade or reviving a mate?  Well, I certianly don't blame you for not playing more than ten minutes...


how about you get more experienced yourself before you insult others, because if YOU had played more than 10 minutes you would have known that you only pick up weapons if you fail to press triangle at the right time, if you time it right you will ALWAYS throw back the grenade instead of picking up a weapon, there is indeed a problem with reviving though in coop, but Izuna did not mention that, so you didn't read what he said AND made a stupid statement, well done sir


There is a workaround for the coop issue.  If a nade falls down by a downed teammate, instead holding traingle quickly tap it a few times, and it will 'freeze' the grenade.  But yes, I agree, you only pick up weapons when you press triangle at the wrong time.

 

Message 39 of 135 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2381 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

Eternal21 wrote:

As stated by OP, the best trophies are those requiring skill (like Overseer, Triumvirate).  The worst trophies are those requiring grinding.  Treasure Trophies were a horrible idea.  Anyone that says otherwise is a complete dolt.  There are people on top 10 coop leaderboards that still don't have all the treasures.  ND better not drop the ball on this one, and fix the treasure system, so that people don't have to spend another 1000 hours grinding coop arenas just to get the few rares they're missing.


If it was only grinding you would know how far you are towards getting it. But the coop treasures require a bloody lot of luck.

Message 40 of 135 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes