Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 22, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

I think ND should take the route Ubisoft has with its trophies, mostly referring to Assassin's Creed. I read a quote somewhere (don't have the link or anything, sorry) of them saying they wanted to make both singleplayer and multiplayer trophies easily achieveable by both casual and hardcore gamers. Having last played AC Revelations, I'd have to say they were extremely easy AND earnable in custom games. 

 

No luck based trophies, all were reasonably easy to get. I know ND will probably do trophies for future multiplayers, the least they can do is make them fun to earn rather than frustrating and absolutely time wasting. 

 

Easy trophies + No frustration = More fun


One thing I will give Ubisoft credit for. I heard them chat once at a conference, they said trophies and the games themselves should be fun and achievable for the player, the last thing the player wants is to be annoyed by the game or by it's contents.

 

That is something I completely agree with and they are clearly a minority of developers who know what the true gamer of today actually wants.

 

Now if only Ubisoft could release a game I actually like. x.x

 

It seriously shocks me how out of touch with todays generation of gamers most developers actually are. I mean seriously how can you be that far out of touch with your consumers.... Not even I'm that far out of touch and I'm pretty out there.


That's probably where I heard it from, wish more game developers would take that into consideration when making multiplayer trophies. We're not all godly players Smiley Sad

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 11 of 135 (546 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 22, 2012

I only read half of it cause my eyes are about to bleed but you sir deserve a Kudo.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 12 of 135 (531 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/26/2009
Offline
317 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

I wish I could give you 100 kudos for your post. I'm a decent player, so most of the trophies themselves weren't too hard to get...just very time consuming. I would have gotten more than half of them if they were retroactive. The BIGGEST offenders are the two silver trophies for completing the two treasure sets, which is complete BS. I still haven't gotten all of the co-op treasure sets and I've played this game since launch. It's ridiculous and stupid. Unless they do a rare treasure drop weekend, I unfortunately don't see myself getting my 100% back (despite the fact I'm only 5 trophies away) in this game which sucks, because I got 100% in UC2's MP trophies without boosting for any of them, including the dreadful Protectorate bronze (troll) trophy.

 

What stings the most is that the harder ones/time consuming ones are just bronze trophies. 50 None Shall Pass, 50 Assassins, 100 (**bleep**, overkill) In The Soft Spot, 50 Head Hunters, all those awful Shade trophies..bronze. lol

 

If I wasn't a decent player, most of these trophies would be impossible because the matchmaking in this game is complete and utter GARBAGE. I'm not even going to touch how the introduction of these trophies have RUINED most of the playlists in this game.

 

There IS one thing ND does right though, which I give them kudos for, and it's making the platinum obtainable by only playing ONE competitive and one co-op game. Most of the MP trophies should be like this. You know, not annoying or time consuming to get.

 

 

 

 

Message 13 of 135 (496 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1135 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

First of All, Great Post!  I do agree with alot of points on your view with the Trophies in Uncharted 3.

 

However most of those Competitive Trophies were indeed fun on my part. Sometimes you can think of boosting for them or just playing the matches with buddies / on your own to achieve them  Whatever floats in everyone's boat.

 

I think the reason why these Multiplayer Trophies are Rare amongst the PSN community is for Two Reasons.

 

1. Maybe not too many people on PSN have really enjoyed Uncharted 3's Multiplayer or people on PSN haven't even played the Multiplayer and just went for the SinglePlayer. 

 

2. DLC is far expensive, I mean any Newcomers or People who had missed the Fortune Hunters Club could be paying $40 worth of DLC if you wanted the Extra Trophies / New Experience. Personally I think ND Should have gone the $5.99 Per DLC Route like they did in Uncharted 2. I mean COME ON the Game is worth $20 for crying out loud, your telling me DLC is worth more??? 

 

I haven't collected all the Trophies in UC3,  the only ones that really bother me is the Antiquity and Artifact Treasure Trophies, thats all based on Luck / Farming for hours. To me that doesn't sound like fun at all and I won't go for it until the Treasures are easier to collect.

 

I'm not a big Fan of Naughty Dog, anymore aswell...  they been putting all those Scam DLCs like the Tournament Tickets and Unlockable Weapons in Game. I know, I know I'm not forced to buy scam Content,   but it bothers me to no end that Naughty Dog is selling Rip-off stuff and some actually buy into it... unfortunetly.   

 

I remember overhearing this one kid...  

"Did you get that Djinn"  

"Yea"  

"How did you get it? Did you buy Tickets?"

"Yea, I bought 200 Tickets"    

Me: *FacePalm*  

 

I hope ND wakes up and considers in making NEW content for their Future Games, not some Rehashed content. Though this is just Dream and Wish. 

 

All in all I still enjoy Uncharted 3, I just don't like how ND handled the DLC. 

 

Message 14 of 135 (488 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/23/2011
Offline
148 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 23, 2012

I have somewhere around 25 assassin medals and now I must start off from scratch just to earn that **bleep** trophy. Very annoying indeed.

Message 15 of 135 (468 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 23, 2012

I readed that whole post of yours, I think I deserved a gold trophy now Smiley Tongue

 

I agree that some trophy's are very annoying like the grinding trophy's of winning 50 matches of for instance team deathmatch, that's indeed not fun, it's just playing a lot, I hate such trophy's too, the trophy I truly hate is getting all the treasures, it's completely luck-based and I'm searching for 4 months (way to long!!!) now for that last treasure: strange relic ivory, and I see everyone with drake's top hat, how come that I still don't have it...

 

I disagree about some of the medal trophy's, none shall pass and assassin are not easy medals, so getting 50 of them is a challange, it's not grinding, so I'm ok with such trophy's

 

I disagree that trophy's should be easy to get, the trophy system is in my opinion not meant to be easy, you should only get a platinum trophy if you truly are good at a game, so if you are not, than you just do not deserve 100 percent completion

 

@herwest299: 50 assassin's is not that hard, I got it after 20 hours of playing (without boosting of course, I hate boosting), and I have 408 assassin medals since launch, just practice at it Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 135 (468 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2011
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 23, 2012
Completely agree with Matt!
Trophy =/= work but from what i understood in your opinion trophy = work.
It doesnt affect your plat so what's the point?
This is just the reality of videogames..do we have to talk about RDR dlc trophies?
But anyway that game is just amazing!
ND did us a favour by releasing DLCs trophies because they give us something new to achieve.
This is the way i see it!
All developers add trophies so that players will play their game.
You don't like the game??earn that plat and go away!
You don't like sushi?you don't go eat it!!!
You are telling me that if for any reason some children come to your house (your nephew for examples) and your wife let them play their FIFA 12 with your ps3 just for a match, you go mad beacause you now have another game to plat (it's in your trophy collection after that match)even if you don't like it?
And btw lots of trophy hunters are mad because they are noob in most of the cases to multiplayer games (not telling it's your case) so they know they will never never never earn some trophies because they barely go positive!
Trophies are a challenge and having 100% in U3 is a huge challenge ( if not boosted ) and that IS something to be proud of.
This is how trophies should be...mediocre players will earn the basic ones...good players all of them.
Message 17 of 135 (452 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Online
2428 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 23, 2012

lux1979 wrote:

Hielke6991: So you're saying None Shall Pass medals wasn't time consumingly frustrating?  And don't get me started on those treasures.  I really hope ND actually addresses this issue in the patch or I can say without a shadow of a doubt they will lose my future business and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Kudos OP.

 

Make that rare treasure weekend a reality as well.  That's the way to get your trophy hunting fan base back.  By listening to their pleas for sanity.


Please use the quote button so my post is visible too. But I'll do it now:

 


Hielke6991 wrote:

I didn't read the whole thing but I get the wins and medals anyway since I play a lot of Uncharted.

But they get banned for stat boosting, Not for trophy boosting because people got banned for it before trophies came out. And I don't see much reason either. None of them were difficult for me. The only thing I don't like are the coop treasures.


I did said the coop treasures were annoying. But the none shall pass medals weren't too bad. The only thing that frustrated me was when the match ended when I had 4 hill kills.
Message 18 of 135 (443 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

Sep 23, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

lux1979 wrote:

Hielke6991: So you're saying None Shall Pass medals wasn't time consumingly frustrating?  And don't get me started on those treasures.  I really hope ND actually addresses this issue in the patch or I can say without a shadow of a doubt they will lose my future business and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Kudos OP.

 

Make that rare treasure weekend a reality as well.  That's the way to get your trophy hunting fan base back.  By listening to their pleas for sanity.


Please use the quote button so my post is visible too. But I'll do it now:

 


Hielke6991 wrote:

I didn't read the whole thing but I get the wins and medals anyway since I play a lot of Uncharted.

But they get banned for stat boosting, Not for trophy boosting because people got banned for it before trophies came out. And I don't see much reason either. None of them were difficult for me. The only thing I don't like are the coop treasures.


I did said the coop treasures were annoying. But the none shall pass medals weren't too bad. The only thing that frustrated me was when the match ended when I had 4 hill kills.

oh that's how you quote people, I pressed reply, I thought it was obvious that I wanted to reply to the person I was replying, didn't know I had to press quote for it xD

Message 19 of 135 (435 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
Registered: 12/19/2010
Offline
550 posts
 

Re: Views of a Trophy Hunter

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2012

Wow. Many great comments and support. Thanks.

 

I'm sorry Birth BS but I have to take issue with a lot of what you said:

 


BirthBS wrote:
Completely agree with Matt!
Trophy =/= work but from what i understood in your opinion trophy = work.
It doesnt affect your plat so what's the point?
This is just the reality of videogames..do we have to talk about RDR dlc trophies?
But anyway that game is just amazing!
ND did us a favour by releasing DLCs trophies because they give us something new to achieve.
This is the way i see it!
All developers add trophies so that players will play their game.
You don't like the game??earn that plat and go away!
You don't like sushi?you don't go eat it!!!
You are telling me that if for any reason some children come to your house (your nephew for examples) and your wife let them play their FIFA 12 with your ps3 just for a match, you go mad beacause you now have another game to plat (it's in your trophy collection after that match)even if you don't like it?
And btw lots of trophy hunters are mad because they are noob in most of the cases to multiplayer games (not telling it's your case) so they know they will never never never earn some trophies because they barely go positive!
Trophies are a challenge and having 100% in U3 is a huge challenge ( if not boosted ) and that IS something to be proud of.
This is how trophies should be...mediocre players will earn the basic ones...good players all of them.

I'm a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.

 

I did earn all but one of the RDR trophies legit. King of the Hill is an impossible trophy and I doubt ANYONE ever got that one legit because other players never play the way required for it as there is not enoough incentive for them to do it (and I think it requires the DLC to play?). It is impossible to get 8 distinct players to come after you in the amount of time you need to earn the trophy.

 

UC3's DLC trophies was sushi that was shoved down my throat by a kidnapper. I never went looking for it. One day it just appeared on my system LONG after I had already purchased the DLC content, which I bought WITHOUT DLC trophies. As I said, if they had had DLC trophies I would not have purchased UC3 or the DLC. I even waited to purchase UC3 until I thought there would be no DLC trophies ike those in UC2 (which I did all legit apart from 4 of 10 protectorates because it would have required me to play another 200 to 300 hours to get legit since no one is stupid enough to hold onto the idol for very long; which is why multiplayer trophies need to change and take into account how people will change how the game is played; obviously when Naughty Dog made this trophy they thought more people would be running with the idol in their hands or using beast mode).

 

I would never let an EA game inffect my PS3. The only EA game I ever enjoyed was The Saboteur by Pandemic and EA put that company out of business, so it's clear to me that EA does not make the type of quality games I enjoy. Naughty Dog is on the right track to becoming like EA with its insane DLC add-ons. Had I seen all the skins and hats and crap before buying the game, I would not have bought the game because it is a sign of despiration and a lack of pride and quality control on the part of the developer.

 

I disagree with trophy hunters being unskilled. If they get 100% in every single-player challenge, then they should be able to do the multiplayer ones which have trophies of lesser value. UC3's silvers need to be turned into golds (except the Win Plunder match with 5-0 score which should be a bronze); many of the bronzes need to be turned into silvers; and there should be a second platinum for completing all the multiplayer trophies...actually there should be two platinums (1 for getting both the Antiquity and Artifact Set Trophies and another platinum for getting every other multiplayer trophy). BUT as it is Sony does not permit DLC content to have more than a set number of silver and bronzes, so the difficulty needs to be restricted in accordance with the trophy restrictions.

 

I never said I wanted easy multiplayer trophies. I want the difficulty of online trophies to reflect the reality of the bronze, silver, gold system that has long been established by single player trophies. Developers are getting more and more carried away with the difficulty disparity with online games. They need to lower the difficulty or increase the value of the trophies.  I also do not consider time-consuming/repetitive trophies to be a measure of difficulty or skill: the only thing they compare is a person's ability not to get bored easily; they do not record measurements of how long it took them to earn, so trophies should not have you completing so many menial tasks over and over again unless the trophy itself changes depending on how long it takes you: e.g. gold for completing 50 assassination medals in under 5 hours, silver for completing 50 assassination medals in under 20 hours, and bronze for completing 50 assassination medals in however amount of time it takes you. When multiplayer trophies start ranging in the hundreds of hours mark, there is something wrong.

 

Photobucket
Message 20 of 135 (421 Views)