Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

You mean the giant, 18pt bold link in the original post?...

Oct 16, 2011

REDXJeenKs3000 wrote:

It would help if you put a link.

You mean the giant, 18pt bold link in the original post?

:smileyindifferent:

Message 80 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

I cant go straignt to youtube with it. When i typed it in...

Oct 16, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

REDXJeenKs3000 wrote:

I cant go straignt to youtube with it. When i typed it into youtube it toke me 2 min. to find the vid

Message 81 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Yeah, I noticed that in Syria, again I tend to avoid thos...

Oct 16, 2011

naaros wrote:

EpiBoom wrote:

1 thing. I did not like the clunky sprint from the summer beta and i remember there were threads and posts all over the place and now "everybody" wants it back:smileysurprised:

This is kinda true.  A lot of people did complain about the clunky/sluggy sprint in the summer beta, so I assume that is why they changed it.  Personally, I was okay with how the sprint controlled, but I hated how far it zoomed in.  :/  I got used to that, though.

OWN1N45 wrote:

because I don't put myself into those situations to be blindfired. I avoid those common spots... like the Villains spawn in Desert Village.

I try to avoid those spots as well - ESPECIALLY the Villains spawn in Desert Village.  I *hate* that area of the map because it's really annoying to try to aim and kill someone if they keep running behind all those areas which is why that is such a blind/hip fire hotspot.  :/  Same thing for parts of Syria with all those big block things getting in the way of shooting.

Yeah, I noticed that in Syria, again I tend to avoid those spots unless I have a Sawed-Off. Really, I intentionally go for the Sawed-Off in both of those maps for those reasons: to avoid getting blindfired and have a better chance at killing them close-range if I do get put into that scenario.

In fact, I'm not even sure HOW you're supposed to win by aiming in that area in Syria. It really seems like that was meant for CQC, which is okay if the blindfire and sprint WEREN"T what they are now. Unfortunately, it's something we have to deal with until ND update the game and *hopefully* change one of them. For now, I am "adapting" so to speak, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with the game in its current state.

As long as you actually think while you're playing, you should have a much better time dealing with players that blindfire. Meaning, if you're scoped in with a G-MAL or T-Bolt check what's behind you every so often so you DON'T get blindfired. Put yourself in a spot where you won't be seen. Move around an area without sprinting and if you do see someone coming right at you back away while aiming and shoot. Don't be a sitting duck, a lot of the footage that shows blindfire as "effective" that I've seen is with the person that is aiming simply SITTING there letting themselves get taken down by the blindfire.

For christ sakes, stop aiming even and sprint away yourself to make space and start aiming again. Blindfire isn't that Godlike accurate that you can't sprint away, maybe a KAL-7, but an AK or M9 will definitely not always kill you if you sprint away to make space.

That was directed at anyone, not at you in particular naaros.

Photobucket
Message 82 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Basically what had to be said was said in the video.   By...

Oct 16, 2011

Basically what had to be said was said in the video.

By far the most disgusting part of the video was when triple was using militia man and he had an M9(typically a great weapon for aiming some would say.) he was on the base of the ladder leading up to chateau room zipline area and he basically holds down R1 and kills him while the enenmy is basically at the top of the ladder. No aim required.

The M9, KAL7, the AK-47, even the Dragon Sniper, at the this point I have been blind-fire killed by every single gun in the game. Yes someone blind-fire killed me with a sniper and trust me I went nuts.

Message 83 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Er, where does it send you, then?

Oct 16, 2011

REDXJeenKs3000 wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

REDXJeenKs3000 wrote:

I cant go straignt to youtube with it. When i typed it into youtube it toke me 2 min. to find the vid

Er, where does it send you, then?

Message 84 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Lol, being blindfired by a sniper isn't new, happened in...

Oct 16, 2011

GMRcris wrote:

By far the most disgusting part of the video was when triple was using militia man and he had an M9(typically a great weapon for aiming some would say.) he was on the base of the ladder leading up to chateau room zipline area and he basically holds down R1 and kills him while the enenmy is basically at the top of the ladder. No aim required.

The M9, KAL7, the AK-47, even the Dragon Sniper, at the this point I have been blind-fire killed by every single gun in the game. Yes someone blind-fire killed me with a sniper and trust me I went nuts.

Lol, being blindfired by a sniper isn't new, happened in the summer beta to me, and happened in UC2 in REALLY dumb ways. I'm honestly not sure why that weapon (or I should say, those, since there's two) can blindfire, it's dumb. Snipers should never be able to blindfire with, even if it's COOL and FLASHY to do. Just the other day I effortlessly blindfired someone with the T-BOLT of all weapons and it was my first blindfire shot with it... and it killed them. :smileyindifferent:

To be fair, my camera was aimed at them where the reticle may have been, but it was really just a guess and I had the thought "lolz let's see if I can get a T-bolt blindfire kill". Lo and behold, I did... and I was assuming it was going to miss...

Awesome.

Photobucket
Message 85 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

I was blindfire killed by the Tbolt....  Lets talk about...

Oct 16, 2011

GMRcris wrote:

I was blindfire killed by the Tbolt....  Lets talk about it.

Message 86 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

^ Best post EVER.

Oct 16, 2011

calcunnon wrote:

When the sprint was 'clunky' with difficult turning, it put people off using it for attacking purposes. It was purely an escape tool, or a quicker mode of transport. I'd put money on it that the people who hated the old sprint are the ones who are sprint-hipfiring now. Congratulations, you broke the game and got your way, and now anyone with a desire to play skillfully is at a disadvantage. Brilliant.

^

Best post EVER. 

Message 87 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

I literally saw it all play out on the forums there, i ev...

Oct 16, 2011

In short they pulled a killzone 3, listened to the minority that wasnt even interested, that mostly arent even in to uncharted in the first place, and pretty much ruined it for the majority

Just to remind people GG did that to killzone 3, and killzone 3 MP died under 2 months from lack of support from the cod guys which they were obviously after and the killzone 2 vets that created thread after thread trying to stop it from happening for about 3 months

I literally saw it all play out on the forums there, i even remember the week before it released kz2 vets were trying to save the game.

Message 88 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

Wow! Nice video, tW and Eugenides. You guys hit it on the...

Oct 16, 2011

Wow! Nice video, tW and Eugenides. You guys hit it on the head. Stopping power MUST be highly increased, sprint should have <10 degree turn radius, and blinfire on the KAL-7 must be severely nerfed. I wish I could give you 500 kudos so ND might have a chance of actually looking at your review videos. 

Ya hear that Naughty Dog? Listen to these people. They spent days putting this video together, so heed their advice!

TF3:HWS
Message 89 of 453 (123 Views)
0 Likes