Monster Hunter
45 posts

Very good review.   1 thing. I did not like the clunky sp...

Oct 16, 2011

Very good review.

1 thing. I did not like the clunky sprint from the summer beta and i remember there were threads and posts all over the place and now "everybody" wants it back:smileysurprised:

I think this all can be solved without bringing back the clunkyness if that is word.

At the same time the sprint could still do with some tweaking.

Message 70 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

ND needs to watch these video

Oct 16, 2011
These videos could save Uncharted 3
Message 71 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

Ya his whines have gotten out of hand:smileyindifferent:

Oct 16, 2011

Maxamilius291 wrote:

jolince2 wrote:
After seeing Eugenides/tripleWreck and BG's videos, I don't even know if buying UC3 will be a good idea... :-/

I wouldn't base your judgement on BG's videos. He'd get pissed off playing doodle jump. :smileyindifferent:

Ya his whines have gotten out of hand:smileyindifferent:

Message 72 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Just wanna say that in UC2 there were dozens of times whe...

Oct 16, 2011

Just wanna say that in UC2 there were dozens of times where I didn't use blindfire as a last resort. Pistol + melee encouraged me whenever in mid-close range just to go for it if I could. And most of the time I would get it... but this is due to the dumb health changes they made in UC2.

Still, just wanted to point out that in UC2 blindfire was definitely not 100% a last resort... I do not recall aiming first in certain situations and then saying "Ahh screw it, blindfire." when I would blindfire in UC2. No, I either said "Okay he's in x range, aim or blindfire" and if it was close range it'd be blindfire. If it was mid-close range and I knew their aim was awful, I'd zig-zag and pistol + melee. Zig-zagging blindfire isn't new either. :smileyindifferent:

This whole blindfire issue is exaggerated, to me at least. From my experience PLAYING the game, pure blindfirers have been a rarity because I don't put myself into those situations to be blindfired. I avoid those common spots... like the Villains spawn in Desert Village.

That being said, I realize it is a problem, but not game-breaking currently.

Photobucket
Message 73 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

I'd really like to know where I ever said that blindfirin...

Oct 16, 2011

tha_mangler_88 wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

SolidRevolver wrote:

I agree that the old sprint was best and hope it returns.  But apart from that, no.

Blindfire is not an issue.  Spraying bullets into someones face at close range and not missing isn't a fricking issue.  Thats life.  If you think standing on someones toes, or a couple strides out and hitting without looking down the sights is over powered, I'm sorry but you're an idiot  Smiley Frustrated

- Old Sprint back
- Bit more stopping power

If you make all the changes suggested in that video, close range combat will become underpowered and force everyone to either go mid-range or Sniper.  Blindfire should be an 'Assassin's head-to-head combat.  It would mean if you run into an enemy around a corner, you would be better off aiming down the sights when your with 3 steps of each other.  It will look as stupid as combat in Resident Evil 5 multiplayer.

Hate to whip out the "real life" examples, but since you went there first...

So you're telling me there's nothing unrealistic about having your gun literally follow your target without you aiming, while you run in wild zig-zags back and forth? That seems logical to you?

Also, no, it wouldn't render close-range combat impossible. It would just make it more difficult, which is how it should be. Right now, literally anyone can get a kill using these tactics, regardless of their abilities as a player. It renders any sort of skill gap obsolete, which just isn't right, in my opinion.

This is a shooter, it's not supposed to be close-range (and by that I mean the zooming-into-peoples'-faces-with-blindfire and rampant melees). We're talking about encouraging players to hone their skills, learn to aim, and play the game as it was intended. Blindfire and melees should always be a last resort in an unexpected confrontation, not an actual playstyle.

I am talking about emphasis on mid to long-range, but like I said, I think most will agree that that's how a shooter should play.

This is a third person shooter, first and foremost. This isn't Call of Duty. Close quarter combat is bound to be more prevalent in the TPS genre. Blind fire and melee, while they have the potential to be abused, are all useful tactics to master in the game, but also cannot be entirely avoided either. Once again, this is a TPS. If you can't deal with blind fire and melee in a TPS, then you really shouldn't bother with the genre. ND will make tweaks to appease the whiners, but in no way will blind firing cease to exist. 

The sad fact of the matter is that however many changes and or tweaks ND makes, the complaing and whining will continue to be rampant. It's just in the nature of the Uncharted community.

I'd really like to know where I ever said that blindfiring should "cease to exist".

Discussing methods of toning it down =/= saying it should be gone entirely. At no point did I say I can't deal with it being in the game, I simply said that (as is agreed widely among the community) it is too prevalent, and too powerful. Hence why we're imploring that it receive some tweaks.

Message 74 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

I try to avoid those spots as well - ESPECIALLY the Villa...

Oct 16, 2011

EpiBoom wrote:

1 thing. I did not like the clunky sprint from the summer beta and i remember there were threads and posts all over the place and now "everybody" wants it back:smileysurprised:

This is kinda true.  A lot of people did complain about the clunky/sluggy sprint in the summer beta, so I assume that is why they changed it.  Personally, I was okay with how the sprint controlled, but I hated how far it zoomed in.  :/  I got used to that, though.

OWN1N45 wrote:

because I don't put myself into those situations to be blindfired. I avoid those common spots... like the Villains spawn in Desert Village.

I try to avoid those spots as well - ESPECIALLY the Villains spawn in Desert Village.  I *hate* that area of the map because it's really annoying to try to aim and kill someone if they keep running behind all those areas which is why that is such a blind/hip fire hotspot.  :/  Same thing for parts of Syria with all those big block things getting in the way of shooting.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 75 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5499 posts

When the sprint was 'clunky' with difficult turning, it p...

Oct 16, 2011

When the sprint was 'clunky' with difficult turning, it put people off using it for attacking purposes. It was purely an escape tool, or a quicker mode of transport. I'd put money on it that the people who hated the old sprint are the ones who are sprint-hipfiring now. Congratulations, you broke the game and got your way, and now anyone with a desire to play skillfully is at a disadvantage. Brilliant.

Message 76 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

So true.  I only ever used sprint as a means to get to ar...

Oct 16, 2011

calcunnon wrote:

When the sprint was 'clunky' with difficult turning, it put people off using it for attacking purposes. It was purely an escape tool, or a quicker mode of transport.

So true.  I only ever used sprint as a means to get to areas faster (if playing Objectives or just away from spawn points in Deathmatch-type modes), or when I was taking heavy fire.  I'd sprint to try to get out of the area.

Now, people are using it *all* the time and generally sprinting up to someone and busting out the blind/hip fire. :/

----------------------------------------------------

Message 77 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

This. Thisthisthis.   It was intended as an evasion tool...

Oct 16, 2011

calcunnon wrote:

When the sprint was 'clunky' with difficult turning, it put people off using it for attacking purposes. It was purely an escape tool, or a quicker mode of transport. I'd put money on it that the people who hated the old sprint are the ones who are sprint-hipfiring now. Congratulations, you broke the game and got your way, and now anyone with a desire to play skillfully is at a disadvantage. Brilliant.

This. Thisthisthis.

It was intended as an evasion tool beforehand; you used it to escape gunfire, get to cover quickly, run through exposed areas, etc. It was not meant to give you 100% maneuverability, allowing you to just sprint constantly. You had to be careful about using it, because you were aware that you would lose a lot of mobility in doing so.

Those things are the difference between tactical and cheap, honestly. What we have right now, is cheap. It kind of baffles my mind that this was supposed to be an "improvement" from the beta, but that's old news.

Really crossing my fingers that this gets patched.

Message 78 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

Finally watched it and of course i agree. Man you guys re...

Oct 16, 2011

Finally watched it and of course i agree. Man you guys really stretched this out.

It would help if you put a link.

Message 79 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes