Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Maybe instead of removing Stopping Power to blind/hip fir...

Oct 16, 2011

Maybe instead of removing Stopping Power to blind/hip firing bullets, just make it so your character moves slower (-25% speed or maybe more) when you are hip firing.  Would probably be a lot easier to implement, too.

I believe this was mentioned in the video, but it's something I've been thinking about for a while now.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 50 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Yeah, that's definitely another viable option as well.

Oct 16, 2011

naaros wrote:

Maybe instead of removing Stopping Power to blind/hip firing bullets, just make it so your character moves slower (-25% speed or maybe more) when you are hip firing.  Would probably be a lot easier to implement, too.

I believe this was mentioned in the video, but it's something I've been thinking about for a while now.

Yeah, that's definitely another viable option as well.

Message 51 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Idk about this actually.  If you were trying to sprint aw...

Oct 16, 2011

scootgar wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

Ars-ragnarok wrote:

Also stopping power should only apply to those aiming down the sights.

That would be preferable, yeah.

Absolutely not.

Do we reduce blast radius for un-aimed grenades?  

Bullets are bullets.

Idk about this actually.  If you were trying to sprint away from blind fire, and they would hit you with blind fire...you'd slow down.  If you had the ability to slow down when getting chased, that would just completely negate the entire purpose of readding stopping power.  Especially considering the distance you can actually get hit with blind fire..

@ the OP

I think sprint shouldn't be as uncontrolable as it was in the beta.  I do love the new feel to sprint...actualy being able to control my movements, but there has to be a limit on it somewhat. 

stopping power, yeah it needs to come back for sure. 

What would also be nice is if they fixed the grenade throwing mechanics....I try to lob grenades behind me and I have to press L2 like 6 or 7 times, and by that time I'm already dead and gone....same thing with rolling.  It says you can just roll and throw a grenade, I've tried many times....it doesn't work the first 2 or 3 times you roll and press L2...that was my whole dang counter to people who blind fire/melee'ed...they'd run up to me, I'd throw a nade and roll away, they'd get knocked down and I'd finish them off....

You cant sprint away, you can't throw a defensive grenade, smoke bomb gets you killed 2/3 of the time, and usually by the time you try to blind fire/melee back it's too late...

Message 52 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
675 posts

After reading all these positive comments I would love to...

Oct 16, 2011

After reading all these positive comments I would love to watch this video, but I find it hard to even make it 2 minutes without shutting it off. You two do not have very good voices to do this kind of thing.

I feel bad for people who weren't part of the original ND forum, this one will never be as good. It is tragic.
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

100% agree with this

Oct 16, 2011

SolidRevolver wrote:

I agree that the old sprint was best and hope it returns.  But apart from that, no.

Blindfire is not an issue.  Spraying bullets into someones face at close range and not missing isn't a fricking issue.  Thats life.  If you think standing on someones toes, or a couple strides out and hitting without looking down the sights is over powered, I'm sorry but you're an idiot  Smiley Frustrated

- Old Sprint back
- Bit more stopping power

If you make all the changes suggested in that video, close range combat will become underpowered and force everyone to either go mid-range or Sniper.  Blindfire should be an 'Assassin's head-to-head combat if they cant get a stealth kill.  It would mean if you run into an enemy around a corner, you would be better off aiming down the sights when your with 3 steps of each other.  It will look as stupid as combat in Resident Evil 5 multiplayer.

100% agree with this

Message 54 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Well we could make blindfiring less damaging so like it w...

Oct 16, 2011

Well we could make blindfiring less damaging so like it would make the players think that they HAVE to use the L1 button:smileyhappy:

Message 55 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

The blindfire isn't the cause of the problem. Blindfire i...

Oct 16, 2011

The blindfire isn't the cause of the problem.
Blindfire is OK at this stage. The problem is the SPEED AND MANEUVERABILITY.
In CQC, the person who is hipfiring should beat the person aiming down the sights anyway. If you're in a small room with your target you wont be looking down the site of your rifle. The problem is it's so easy to get from a mid/long range combat situation to a CQC situation, dodging bullets on the way. This is because YOU MOVE TOO FAST, it needs to be slowed down so it's not so easy to just run up on someone every time.... Like in the JUNE BETA.

Message 56 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

What the.... :|   /head explodes

Oct 16, 2011

Chronospherics wrote:

Uncharted is linear, shallow, and short. 

What the.... :smileyindifferent:

/head explodes

----------------------------------------------------

Message 57 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Hardcore RPG fans always ride the tallest horses.

Oct 16, 2011

naaros wrote:

Chronospherics wrote:

Uncharted is linear, shallow, and short. 

What the.... :smileyindifferent:

/head explodes

Hardcore RPG fans always ride the tallest horses.

Message 58 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Well to start I wanna mention this:   You gotta love the...

Oct 16, 2011

Well to start I wanna mention this:

tripleWRECK wrote:

In addition to other clips, you'll get to see an entire match on Chateau where I go 18-3 doing nothing but blindfire.

Such a modest gentleman.

tripleWRECK wrote:

blindfire **bleep**gots

You gotta love the language used by someone who want's to help a professional video game company. 

Other than that I pretty much agree with your analysis. :smileyhappy:

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 59 of 453 (115 Views)
0 Likes