PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Hate to whip out the "real life" examples, but...

Oct 16, 2011

SolidRevolver wrote:

I agree that the old sprint was best and hope it returns.  But apart from that, no.

Blindfire is not an issue.  Spraying bullets into someones face at close range and not missing isn't a fricking issue.  Thats life.  If you think standing on someones toes, or a couple strides out and hitting without looking down the sights is over powered, I'm sorry but you're an idiot  :smileyfrustrated:

- Old Sprint back
- Bit more stopping power

If you make all the changes suggested in that video, close range combat will become underpowered and force everyone to either go mid-range or Sniper.  Blindfire should be an 'Assassin's head-to-head combat.  It would mean if you run into an enemy around a corner, you would be better off aiming down the sights when your with 3 steps of each other.  It will look as stupid as combat in Resident Evil 5 multiplayer.

Hate to whip out the "real life" examples, but since you went there first...

So you're telling me there's nothing unrealistic about having your gun literally follow your target without you aiming, while you run in wild zig-zags back and forth? That seems logical to you?

Also, no, it wouldn't render close-range combat impossible. It would just make it more difficult, which is how it should be. Right now, literally anyone can get a kill using these tactics, regardless of their abilities as a player. It renders any sort of skill gap obsolete, which just isn't right, in my opinion.

This is a shooter, it's not supposed to be close-range (and by that I mean the zooming-into-peoples'-faces-with-blindfire and rampant melees). We're talking about encouraging players to hone their skills, learn to aim, and play the game as it was intended. Blindfire and melees should always be a last resort in an unexpected confrontation, not an actual playstyle.

I am talking about emphasis on mid to long-range, but like I said, I think most will agree that that's how a shooter should play.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Very good edition, I'm looking forwards to the rest espec...

Oct 16, 2011

Very good edition, I'm looking forwards to the rest especially your video on killfarming in plunder.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

I agree that charging into peoples faces is wrong (which...

Oct 16, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

This is a shooter, it's not supposed to be close-range (and by that I mean the zooming-into-peoples'-faces-with-blindfire and rampant melees). We're talking about encouraging players to hone their skills, learn to aim, and play the game as it was intended. Blindfire and melees should always be a last resort in an unexpected confrontation, not an actual playstyle.

I am talking about emphasis on mid to long-range, but like I said, I think most will agree that that's how a shooter should play.

I agree that charging into peoples faces is wrong (which is why Old Sprint and Stopping Power should make a return) saying everyone should play mid-long range is an awful idea.

I see Uncharted supporting many play styles.  Unlike something like TF2 which specifically says 'these are your classes and this is how you play them', Uncharted lets you build your own class (aka Loadout) to support how you want to play.  If you want to play a mid-range style, good on you.  If someone wants to play close range, good on them.  We just have to figure out a balance so the close range guys dont have the ability to sprint all over the map and beat mid-range players after starting combat from a medium range without using cover.

As for the aim assist.  I've never noticed any more than normal.  I always aim my blind fire.  It doesn't take much aiming at such close quarters.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

I like the video and agree that the sprint really breaks...

Oct 16, 2011

I like the video and agree that the sprint really breaks the game not only in the sense that it encourages hipfiring but also that it makes matches seem more empty than normal as players are always sprinting around. I think hipfiring is fine but sprint needs to change.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Kudos given and a like on youtube! You know what's the be...

Oct 16, 2011
Kudos given and a like on youtube!

You know what's the best about these videos? The fact that I've been saying it all along, and these videos take the words right from my mouth. I'd have to say that I agree with virtually everything you guys have ever said, aside from some nitpicking that I am apathetic to.

However, the way you guys break it down is great for people who just don't understand, to help them reach the same conclusion that we have.

I'm glad to see you made this and are fighting to make UC3 great as I (and many others) want it to be. Keep up the good work!!
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Uncharted does support many playstyles, but my point is t...

Oct 16, 2011

SolidRevolver wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

I agree that charging into peoples faces is wrong (which is why Old Sprint and Stopping Power should make a return) saying everyone should play mid-long range is an awful idea.

I see Uncharted supporting many play styles.  Unlike something like TF2 which specifically says 'these are your classes and this is how you play them', Uncharted lets you build your own class (aka Loadout) to support how you want to play.  If you want to play a mid-range style, good on you.  If someone wants to play close range, good on them.  We just have to figure out a balance so the close range guys dont have the ability to sprint all over the map and beat mid-range players after starting combat from a medium range without using cover.

As for the aim assist.  I've never noticed any more than normal.  I always aim my blind fire.  It doesn't take much aiming at such close quarters.

Uncharted does support many playstyles, but my point is that it is ridiculous how easily one can do the whole "close range" thing. You have so many options at your disposal for different methods of play, yet all anyone has to do to pull great scores is run up to people spraying their gun, and letting the game do all the work for them. My entire point here is that it needs to be toned down, not rendered absolutely obsolete.

I'm a little confused about "aiming your blind fire", since that seems contradictary. If by "aiming" you mean "pointing your gun in their general direction", then yeah, everyone does that when they're close. But you can literally run back and forth and your gun will whip around and follow them, while you're simultaneously evading their bullets. Which, I am sorry to say, is ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17641 posts

If sprint is changed back to the beta controlling with th...

Oct 16, 2011
If sprint is changed back to the beta controlling with the same speed as now, I could see it being a lot better.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

That and bumping up stopping power to the same level it w...

Oct 16, 2011

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
If sprint is changed back to the beta controlling with the same speed as now, I could see it being a lot better.

That and bumping up stopping power to the same level it was in the Beta, would help a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Yes.  I expect when I do sneak up on someone and they are...

Oct 16, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

I'm a little confused about "aiming your blind fire", since that seems contradictary. If by "aiming" you mean "pointing your gun in their general direction", then yeah, everyone does that when they're close. But you can literally run back and forth and your gun will whip around and follow them, while you're simultaneously evading their bullets. Which, I am sorry to say, is ridiculous.

Yes.  I expect when I do sneak up on someone and they are a Sniper, they will attempt to escape forcing to my guide my blindfire.  As for the blindfire not switching directions when the character does.  Well thats just hard cheese I am afraid.

Just think about how much those 3 suggestions would kill blindfire.

- They cant just sprint around the map at top pace without problems.  Which is fair.
- If you do see them you can shoot them and slow them down, preventing them from getting close.  Also fair, if your going to play close range, you need to be a little sneakier.
- If they manage to get close, they have a harder time doing damage because accuracy is out?  No, god no.  they earned that close range position.  If you got killed by them now, thats just the game.  You lost it.  Move on.

Wanting your mid-range abilities to out weigh all those of a close range player will make your playstyle over powered.  You cant expect to be able to kill everyone in every situation.  They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Also stopping power should only apply to those aiming dow...

Oct 16, 2011

Also stopping power should only apply to those aiming down the sights.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 453 (29 Views)
0 Likes