Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Nope, the only people complaining about it were those tha...

Oct 16, 2011

DarkShadow345 wrote:
Do you want me to remind you some of the complains from the summer beta: "The sprint feels glitchy/uncontrollable" :smileywink: Be careful what you wish for.

Nope, the only people complaining about it were those that didn't understand what to use it for. It was intentionally hard to steer so it couldn't be abused. It needs to go back to this way.

Message 10 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

I remember those days... I kind of miss him, his posts al...

Oct 16, 2011

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Current installment is a REELONGBOW dream! 

I remember those days... I kind of miss him, his posts always made me laugh :smileyvery-happy:

Message 11 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

agree 110%, I love uncharted but this needs to stop. Its...

Oct 16, 2011

agree 110%, I love uncharted but this needs to stop. Its also going to take the fun out of co op and SP if it function like this.

Message 12 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

You guys are really good at making these reviews, cant wa...

Oct 16, 2011

You guys are really good at making these reviews, cant wait for the next one!

P.S can you give us a little sneak peak for what you're going to say about the sniping?

T-Bolt Sniper Rifle Kill = Great feeling!
Message 13 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

To all the people who complained about the character move...

Oct 16, 2011

To all the people who complained about the character movement and sprint in the summer beta, when you play UC3 in SP will you be complaining about that being slow and clunky too? cos you know that's how it's going to feel and control right? There are a few reasons why Uncharted is considered a great game, a major one being how real your character feels, the top quality animation, the weight of your character, the realistic speed and movement. These things make the game feel more immersive. 

The summer beta kept those principles, this subway beta takes a giant poo on this major things that made Uncharted great. This not only makes the game look completely stupid, it also ruins the balance of the game. The sprint is waaaaay too fast, and the turning radius is absolutely ridiculous.  

Remember when people used cover? Now it's actually safer to stay out in the open and not use cover, cos if someone shoots you from mid to long distance you will be able to sprint to safety.

The G-MAL? No one uses that anymore. It's a burst shot weapon, which means there's a gap between shots. It doesn't take a maths genius to figure out that the faster your target moves, the less amount of shots you will be able to hit them with before the target has disappeared. The speed of the summer beta meant that it was possible to take someone from long range, they ran way alot slower so it was possible to track your target and get more shots off if they tried to sprint away. And if you were on the recieving end, what did you have to do? You had to TAKE COVER!! You had to use the environment, not sprint around the nearest corner. 

So, not only has the speed increase made cover and long range combat useless, it also made CQC way overpowered. If I saw the back of my enemy at medium range in the summer beta, I would go behind the nearest bit of cover, then open fire on them, it would simply take too long to sprint up to them and try and blindfire/melee. In the subway beta, it's simply easier for me to sprint up behind them (I can close the gap in less than 2 seconds) and blindfire them, cos I know they're not escaping that as opposed to my bullets shot from longer range. 

The result of this: everyone dashes in to the middle and you have this chaotic mess of a game we have now. Using L1 or cover is not needed.

The 'Slow and Clunky' argument is so weak (I cannot believe ND listened to it). It's your opinion, nothing more. In my opinion its not slow or clunky, it's realistic, weighty, immersive, just like how it will play in SP, and how it should've stayed from the summer beta. 

I said it before, but the sprint in the summer beta felt like you were in an action movie, the sprint in this beta makes you feel like your'e in a cartoon.

Eugenides, thanks for taking the time out to create this video. It's sad that things turned out like this. I wish they would just bring back the Summer beta, but I'm not too hopeful. It just seems like there are egos over at ND who are not willing to admit they made a huge mistake, which seems to be what they did with UC2 multiplayer as well.

Message 14 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

I completely agree with this review. The blindfire accura...

Oct 16, 2011

I completely agree with this review. The blindfire accuracy was already reduced since the beta. The only thing that has changed is the sprint and the lack of stopping power. There was nothing wrong with beta sprint. It shouldnt have been changed. 

Message 15 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

We still got half of a month left WHY make one soooo early

Oct 16, 2011

We still got half of a month left WHY make one soooo early

Message 16 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17374 posts

Game's currently being worked on.  Wait and see what ND d...

Oct 16, 2011

Game's currently being worked on.  Wait and see what ND does.

Well-done video, and a comprehensive look at the issue.  But not going to be decisive, after 2 weeks of the entire community pointing it out.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 17 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

After seeing Eugenides/tripleWreck and BG's videos, I don...

Oct 16, 2011
After seeing Eugenides/tripleWreck and BG's videos, I don't even know if buying UC3 will be a good idea... :-/

ND's way to troll you since November 2011 :
Hint : "Aiming is always more accurate than running and gunning"
Message 18 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

I wouldn't base your judgement on BG's videos. He'd get p...

Oct 16, 2011

jolince2 wrote:
After seeing Eugenides/tripleWreck and BG's videos, I don't even know if buying UC3 will be a good idea... :-/

I wouldn't base your judgement on BG's videos. He'd get pissed off playing doodle jump. :smileyindifferent:

Message 19 of 453 (147 Views)
0 Likes