Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/14/2009
Offline
2106 posts
 

Yep, Guerilla Games' handling of Killzone 3 should go dow...

Oct 16, 2011

 


EboyWasHere wrote:

 

In short they pulled a killzone 3, listened to the minority that wasnt even interested, that mostly arent even in to uncharted in the first place, and pretty much ruined it for the majority

Just to remind people GG did that to killzone 3, and killzone 3 MP died under 2 months from lack of support from the cod guys which they were obviously after and the killzone 2 vets that created thread after thread trying to stop it from happening for about 3 months

I literally saw it all play out on the forums there, i even remember the week before it released kz2 vets were trying to save the game.

 


 

Yep, Guerilla Games' handling of Killzone 3 should go down in history as an example of how NOT to support a game post launch. The number one thing EVERYBODY complained about was the marksman getting a full auto AR. GG absolutely refused to even acknowledge it was a problem. They gave us the horrid Tactial Spawn Point system, which completely ruined th eonline experience and made it really boring and frustrating. They never got matchmaking right, so you would usually have to play in almost empty lobbies, which is painfully boring. Killzone 3 should have been this amazing game we could all play for several months, like KZ2 was. But I must admit I probably played less than 30 or 40 matches total, before I threw in the towel in frustration. If I were an exec at Sony, I would probably pass on Killzone 4.

Message 90 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/22/2011
Offline
220 posts
 

heard rumors killzone 4 was in the works so, hopefully th...

Oct 16, 2011

 


PlasticPulse wrote:

 


EboyWasHere wrote:

 

In short they pulled a killzone 3, listened to the minority that wasnt even interested, that mostly arent even in to uncharted in the first place, and pretty much ruined it for the majority

Just to remind people GG did that to killzone 3, and killzone 3 MP died under 2 months from lack of support from the cod guys which they were obviously after and the killzone 2 vets that created thread after thread trying to stop it from happening for about 3 months

I literally saw it all play out on the forums there, i even remember the week before it released kz2 vets were trying to save the game.

 


 

Yep, Guerilla Games' handling of Killzone 3 should go down in history as an example of how NOT to support a game post launch. The number one thing EVERYBODY complained about was the marksman getting a full auto AR. GG absolutely refused to even acknowledge it was a problem. They gave us the horrid Tactial Spawn Point system, which completely ruined th eonline experience and made it really boring and frustrating. They never got matchmaking right, so you would usually have to play in almost empty lobbies, which is painfully boring. Killzone 3 should have been this amazing game we could all play for several months, like KZ2 was. But I must admit I probably played less than 30 or 40 matches total, before I threw in the towel in frustration. If I were an exec at Sony, I would probably pass on Killzone 4.


 

heard rumors killzone 4 was in the works so, hopefully they listened to the responses, and actually TAKE THERE TIME instead of rushing an unfinished game

 

uncharted 3 still has hope, not trying to come down on ND because honestly this can be the MP game of ps3, but i think they need to becareful of what needs to be fixed. the sprinting was almost no-existant in the june beta, which made it pretty good to me.

Message 91 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/03/2009
Offline
572 posts
 

Blindfire makes me wanna bump heads with a wall.

Oct 16, 2011
Blindfire makes me wanna bump heads with a wall.
Message 92 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/01/2004
Offline
131 posts
 

crying about use of blindfire and melee in cramped spaces...

Oct 16, 2011
crying about use of blindfire and melee in cramped spaces. makes a lot of sense. cant wait until the video where they complain about players sprinting through the air to get to them on Highrise
Message 93 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9167 posts
 

Excuse me? Cramped spaces? Did you even watch the video,...

Oct 16, 2011

 


Shadow961 wrote:
crying about use of blindfire and melee in cramped spaces. makes a lot of sense. cant wait until the video where they complain about players sprinting through the air to get to them on Highrise

Excuse me? Cramped spaces? Did you even watch the video, discussing where people can sprint up to you from across the map and kill you via blindfire?

 

 

If these shenanigans were only possible in close-quarters, there wouldn't be any complaining, since that's how it should be used. Which is what we're campaigning for.

 

I can't honestly tell if you're being serious, or just trolling?

Message 94 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/03/2010
Offline
452 posts
 

It is trolling, as you two said in the video this has bee...

Oct 16, 2011

 


Eugenides wrote:

 


Shadow961 wrote:
crying about use of blindfire and melee in cramped spaces. makes a lot of sense. cant wait until the video where they complain about players sprinting through the air to get to them on Highrise

Excuse me? Cramped spaces? Did you even watch the video, discussing where people can sprint up to you from across the map and kill you via blindfire?

 

 

If these shenanigans were only possible in close-quarters, there wouldn't be any complaining, since that's how it should be used. Which is what we're campaigning for.

 

I can't honestly tell if you're being serious, or just trolling?


 

 

It is trolling, as you two said in the video this has been complained about to ND since this Subway promotion started and what is funny about it all is most posting here in this thread all of a sudden agree it's a problem claimed it was only newbies complaining about it when in fact only newbies enjoy this lameness of overpowered blindfire and insane sprinting.

 

People need to watch the video closer and notice how blindfire goes around corners, up walls and is basically like a well done aimbot.

 

I sure hope it's changed but right now I don't got much faith in that happening since people are claiming roll solves this issue when it doesn't.

 

The ONLY reason people aren't noticing it as much now is because of the  Highrise map, it spreads people out more but when you get into a area with a few people the sprint/blindfire/melee madness starts.

Message 95 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/22/2011
Offline
220 posts
 

the highrise map IMO...is balanced in power weapons and g...

Oct 16, 2011
the highrise map IMO...is balanced in power weapons and gameplay. Also the lack of blindfire on that map compared to something like syria is nice.
Message 96 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/03/2010
Offline
452 posts
 

Highrise is a campers paradise, it always was.

Oct 16, 2011

 


EboyWasHere wrote:
the highrise map IMO...is balanced in power weapons and gameplay. Also the lack of blindfire on that map compared to something like syria is nice.

Highrise is a campers paradise, it always was.

 

Message 97 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9167 posts
 

I think it's funny that Highrise is being labeled "b...

Oct 16, 2011

 


ParkCityBunny wrote:

 


EboyWasHere wrote:
the highrise map IMO...is balanced in power weapons and gameplay. Also the lack of blindfire on that map compared to something like syria is nice.

Highrise is a campers paradise, it always was.

 


 

I think it's funny that Highrise is being labeled "balanced" in the original post... All I see people do on that map = blindfire with the Kal-7. Alongside the occasional shotgun.

 

Balanced, it is not. Wasn't in UC2, and it certainly isn't in UC3.

Message 98 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/22/2011
Offline
415 posts
 

Uncharted is linear, shallow, and short. It seems perfect...

Oct 16, 2011

 


melew25 wrote:

LOL @ not buying Uncharted 3 because of a bad MP. 

 

What has this world come to :smileyindifferent:


Uncharted is linear, shallow, and short. It seems perfectly reasonable to me, if this game were to only offer a compotent singleplayer, to pass it up for an infinitely superior singleplayer experience like Dark Souls. 

 

Now for me, it's not an issue, as I purchase whatever, video games I want, but for some I think they'll pick stuff like Oblivion and Dark Souls. Primarily because they're liable to last over 5 times longer than Uncharted 3, if the multiplayer is trash, that is. 

 

Message 99 of 453 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes