Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Updated with Answers! **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: January Edition**

Jan 16, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

9.  How many players are still playing the multiplayer worldwide today? (FredFai)

Ballpark figures we tend to see over half a million players every month but this changes from month to month, of course.

Seriously? Wow, thats way more than I would ever have guessed.

Why are you impressed? It's monthly, not daily.

Why do you think that they don't give us daily/online figures?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 171 of 200 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Updated with Answers! **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: January Edition**

Jan 16, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Sad to see that ND loves RoF in addition to their blindfire.

A perfect combo, if you ask me.

i think robert cogburn has something to do with it, since both of his Block Mesh Maps are / will be CQC

Message 172 of 200 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Jan 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

harrisj16 wrote:

9.  How many players are still playing the multiplayer worldwide today? (FredFai)

Ballpark figures we tend to see over half a million players every month but this changes from month to month, of course.

Well its about 17k daily, which more than I thought. I was thinking more like 10 or 11k.  I run into the same players a lot. Like, a whole lot. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 173 of 200 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jan 16, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Sad to see that ND loves RoF in addition to their blindfire.

A perfect combo, if you ask me.

i think robert cogburn has something to do with it, since both of his Block Mesh Maps are / will be CQC

It's official, Junki Saita has to be the lead multiplayer director of Uncharted 4.

At least his maps promoted a variety of play...

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 174 of 200 (417 Views)
Fender Bender
3424 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I think they have like more than 17k daily players
I was playing UC2 yesterday & it showed 12k daily users
Message 175 of 200 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Jan 16, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

harrisj16 wrote:

Well its about 17k daily, which more than I thought. I was thinking more like 10 or 11k.  I run into the same players a lot. Like, a whole lot. 

well there are a lot of mexicans out there Smiley Wink

Message 176 of 200 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 16, 2013
why could ye not have answered more than 10 - there was only a handful more that had kudos.
Message 177 of 200 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3811 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

runner21 wrote:

>ND stops the Q&A

Community complains.

You guys are ridiculous. Just be thankful that they are actually doing something.

I wouldn't. I would be *really* happy.

Answering just "no" most of the time or not answering properly isn't much of a "doing something".

And they ALWAYS answer the not-so-important questions, and ignore the actually important ones.

On a Hammer scale, I give this 1,5 bullets.

Message 178 of 200 (334 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

To be fair, at least they gave direct answers to some questions. Best QnA in months. Yeah, I said it, let the hate begin.... Smiley Embarassed Smiley Sad

Well I thought they could have spread the answers a bit instead of answering three questions with the same subject matter. Smiley Frustrated

We answered the questions the community gave the most kudos to. 

Don't you mean SIDE STEPPED the most important ones, like the question on ROF and the one on Aim assist?  People have been asking for fixes on those two things, imparticular, for what seems like FOREVER. 

NDI needs to attend Communicator's Annonymous or something cause they are addicted to poor communication and have been since PSN DOWN in April of 2011. 

Technical fixes essentially have been BURRIED just like any hope of Co-Op fixes. 

Guess we'll have to wait for TLOU and see how screwy that is.  See if it has the glaring technical, buggy, glitchiness of UC3 with that Swiss-Cheese net code. 

Christ.  I can appreciate the time that NDI takes to do his Q & A on a monthy basis, but really, the inconsistancy between what NDI envisions and what fans want is spanned by a chasm that's 100 miles wide.  Why can't NDI get on the same page as their fans?  Any chance tweeks to the game just end up breaking more stuff?  Has the net code been streched to the limit?  Are those the REAL reasons there have been VERY LIMITED technical fixes on this game?  Answer THAT ONE in your Q&A, one time! 

More forthright answers would have been applauded.  Side stepping real issues is a great way to alienate your fan base!  Well played!

[Plus outright deleting certain threads, once again, really]? 

In the next Q & A, how about some language about how were going to clean up this rubbish heap of a Forum?  Bring the forums back to ND.com.  Enough with the PS Forums experiment.  Hire some in house folks, or assign dedicated forumers to police the BS and do the block, move, delete stuff that should have been happening all along. 

Take control of your Forums again, create a better community, with a feel like it was during UC2's run. 

One time! 

Message 179 of 200 (316 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 16, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

harrisj16 wrote:

1) Well its about 17k daily, which more than I thought. I was thinking more like 10 or 11k.

2) I run into the same players a lot. Like, a whole lot. 

1) UC2 MP has 12-15K daily players and it's a 4-year old game. So yeah, NOT impressive AT ALL!

2) Me too and I hate that. I wish this game was as big as COD in terms of players. You should NEVER see the SAME player TWICE!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 180 of 200 (281 Views)