Survivor
2347 posts

Re: **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: January Edition**

Jan 1, 2013
Will blindfire be nerfed?
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 11 of 200 (950 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 1, 2013
When do we get the promised aesthetics/colors?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 12 of 200 (946 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Jan 1, 2013

The aim assist (AA) is quite sticky to the point that it's hard to lead the rectile in front of a moving player (the biggest example is when aiming a sniper against someone moving sideways but it also also applies to other weapons). Also, when facing multiple enemies near your rectile, the AA act in a weird way, it becomes very sticky on one target, but when you move the rectile away from that target to another the AA becomes non-existent.

http://youtu.be/Ztxhs255MmE?t=4m31s

In this video, TW describes my problem with aiming (and aim assist specifically) perfectly.

Can please you tweak aiming?

PS: ND, this is not about beginner Vs Veterans, it's about game controls, and It's frustrating to fight the game controls.

Message 13 of 200 (939 Views)
Monster Hunter
18 posts

Jan 1, 2013

i can LIVE with the dead man glitch if you can not fix it....but MY question is if lag is among your priorities? i am sick of 3 shot deaths (2 if it is a fal) from ksa members and the like. is there ANY plan for a fix such as more strict "removed from game" features or what we ALL want, a regional button for matchmaking? the recent matchmaking patch is a fail on many levels.

\

Message 14 of 200 (931 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4873 posts

Jan 1, 2013
When are we going to be able to play with the ND Devs? Any Play with the Dogs events planned? It'd be super fun if Justin, Robert, MacGruber join the matches in addition to EvangM and Zod (whom we did play with once already).

Message 15 of 200 (915 Views)
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
21 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Can you please explain the Matchmaking process in Multiplayer?

I'm curious to know how it all works. Example answer: player connects to server and tested for upload/download speed. If player is capable of hosting they are placed in "hosting pool" (hosting criteria is xMb/s upload and yMb/s download). If not, they are placed in "others pool". List the criteria used to match players up and say if they are weighted. Criteria may include: Latency, Rank, speed of internet etc...Answer may also include what exactly the green bars mean. i.e. When 1 green bar is displayed, latency to that player via the host is >300ms or when 5 green bars is displayed, latency to that player via the host is <100ms.

Thanks very much.

Message 16 of 200 (888 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 1, 2013

ironsword7 wrote:

Can you please explain the Matchmaking process in Multiplayer?

I'm curious to know how it all works. Example answer: player connects to server and tested for upload/download speed. If player is capable of hosting they are placed in "hosting pool" (hosting criteria is xMb/s upload and yMb/s download). If not, they are placed in "others pool". List the criteria used to match players up and say if they are weighted. Criteria may include: Latency, Rank, speed of internet etc...Answer may also include what exactly the green bars mean. i.e. When 1 green bar is displayed, latency to that player via the host is >300ms or when 5 green bars is displayed, latency to that player via the host is <100ms.

Thanks very much.

Finally, someone who cares about technical stuff!

KUDOS!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 17 of 200 (885 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
214 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Any plans for giving characters like DLC Elenas, Desert Talbot, Suited Marlowe items from their basics version (e.g. DLC Drake can wear items from normal Drake like baseball cap)?
Message 18 of 200 (876 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Any upcoming multiplayer maps and new villain co-op adventure in the works?

P.S. Thanks again for the Djinn skin. Love Glowzor in U2 however Flamzor is even better in U3.

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Will you fix characters not having there hats like bunny ears and cat ears for the other Elena's, Chloes winter scarf for the other Chloes, Drakes top hat for all Drakes and so on theres a big list. 

Message 20 of 200 (835 Views)
0 Likes