Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
636 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 11, 2012

I read a post earlier in this thread about just having a 15-20 minute "super deathmatch" in which it would be 5 vs 5 just going at it for 15 or 20 minutes getting as many kills as they can, and the team with the most kills wins at the end of the match. I know that this would cause lots of problems..but you can't deny that that would make for some MAD fun times with people. I just can't think of how that would work out...

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 187 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 11, 2012
Plunder is 20 minute Deathmatch :smileytongue:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 187 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Also quick question:
In the beta, did plunder idols hurt when you tossed them at someone?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 187 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Lol true... :smileytongue: just start telling people to move back to UC2, then they can killfarm in plunder all they want. If they get stuck with all the low levels that play that game. Not if they get moved up with the big boys who still play it :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 187 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2213 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Jo3Jo37886 wrote:

Lol true... :smileytongue: just start telling people to move back to UC2, then they can killfarm in plunder all they want. If they get stuck with all the low levels that play that game. Not if they get moved up with the big boys who still play it :smileyvery-happy:

Plunder in Uc2 died long ago, We buried it last month.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 187 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Sep 11, 2012

Overall Ideas:

Kills should count for $0 dollars; you can't make as much in TO/Plunder on kills alone as you can in TDM, but with the longer time-scale and all those extra medals for kills, you can make up the total difference anyway.

Leave boosters as they are, it would be frustrating to change/stop certain ones from leveling up. This will remain a problem, but with my next proposed fix, I think it won't be AS prevalent. However, if you DO choose to stop certain boosters from being leveled up, then Fleet Foot, Cloaked, and Scoped In are the major problems. The rest are non-offensive/neutral and shouldn't matter (Daredevil, Back in the Saddle, etc).

Remove K/D from the scoreboard. Believe it or not, but a lot of gamers center their self-worth on their pride and ability. If you remove the ability to see their kills and deaths in Plunder and TO, where they already do not matter, then the pride factor disappears. That K/D is 100% individual based and says nothing about the team. So remove the statistic, and I guarantee there will be a decrease in booster and kill farmers. I think this change is a priority.

Plunder Specific

Let me be clear: Plunder is the ultimate team-oriented mode that focuses both on killing and moving the idol. Therefore, there IS a place in this mode for killers-only, and for idol-runners only. I prefer to play the latter, and I know a lot of players prefer the former. In a more RPG-centered game, this would be solved with "classes" that you could pick before the game starts - there is one class for the idol-runner (first to pick it gets it) and the other four players can pick the assault class, OR can switch to idol-runner (but there must always be at least one idol-runner class). Now, since this is NOT possible nor desirable for UC3, I only mention it as a nascent idea.

What I think can be done, and what makes sense in the Uncharted universe more, is to increase the money for Plunder captures, to reduce/remove money for kills and assists and non-Captured medals, and to create a new class of Plunder-specific medals.

Increasing Captured Medals

It's easy to increase the straight money value for a Captured medal, but I propose something entirely different. The object of Plunder is to win fast, and to win 5-0. For the reason, I propose the following:

First, every Captured medal starts with a value of $5,000.

Second, if the idol is scored within one minute of its appearance, you get the full value. For every additional minute of gametime the idol is not scored, the Captured value reduces by $500 (or $1,000, but the value NEVER goes below $2,000).

Third, a team that wins 5-0 receives the That Was Embarrassing medal, worth $10,000.

Fourth, there is a multiplier for other scores: 5-1 receives a 1.4 multiplication rate in your overall money worth, a 5-2 receives a 1.3 multiplier, and so on. A 5-4 score still leaves you with a 1.1 multiplier, but clearly the 5-0 win is the desired win. If a player has $14,000 from Captures in a 5-1 score (not scoring the idol as fast as possible), he/she can then earn $19,600. Even a team that wins 5-1 and scores the idol within every minute (thereby earning $20,000) would only make $28,000, whereas a 5-0 win would provide $30,000 - so the incentive will still exist to win 5-0.

New Plunder Medals?

That Was Embarrassing: $10,000 given to a team winning 5-0.

Speed Demons: $5,000 given to a team winning in under 5 minutes

Chain Gang: $1,000 given to a team when all members touch the idol at least once during the match.

Bucket Squad: $1,000 given to a team when all members touch the idol on one specific idol score (think of people passing buckets of water, hence the name)

Blunt Force Trauma: $500 to a player who gets three idol-melee kills. Alternatively, could be called Whip It!, recalling the action of whipping the idol into someone's head.

Beasting: $750 to a team when all members play at least 50% of the match with Beast Mode on (of any color)

$500 to a player who gets three pistol kills while carrying the idol. I'm lacking a good name for this one, suggestions?

No Stopping Me Now!: $500 to a player who successfully carries the idol from start to finish without dropping it once. This is problematic for two reasons: it's a selfish booster, and it's impossible on maps that require idol throws to be made (Old Quarter, Molten Ruins). Not a fan of this idea, but it should be mentioned. And it should be less than Bucket Squad, though it IS hard to get a full on idol capture without dropping it at least once.

I posted these ideas in a previous thread. Might as well keep posting them as long as Plunder is going to remain such a problem.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 187 (254 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9954 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Call it "Kiss The Idol", the melee idea.

Also the medal regarding Beast Mode seems too much. I don't use it in Plunder. I use Endurance. Throw the idol, someone catches, you run nearer to chest, he throws it to you. It's a pretty effective alternative to actually carrying the idol.

If possible, add the medal "Flash Capture!" for when you capture the idol within 1min OR 2mins from grabbing it.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 187 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16248 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

A few more issues come up.

The player pool, in the US daytime, is significantly lower than in the evening.   I often find myself starting games with odd total numbers of players, meaning the game starts with one side with a man advantage.   Many games, and I've just finished two in a row, do not fill the slot that's uneven with a late join.  Consequently, you play an entire match down a man.

Games should not start with a side a man down.

Also, the Idol Off Map Throw in the Old Quarter has still not been fixed.

So, you have one side with a significant advantage to begin with, due to a moronic Chest placement, and now that side doesn't even have to trudge up the stairs, which was the only real impediment to scoring once at home base.

Two more indicators of the poor quailty of QA, of programming, and of ND's response.  

Also, the Heavy Object boost stat hat is available only to certain skins.   This is stupid.

Finally, this morning, the number of people using Bronze boosters in Plunder (and we're talking level 60+) who're there to level them is staggering.   ND, you have a serious game design, program design, response and QA problem.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 187 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Sep 12, 2012

there was once a topic about how to improve plunder, where a ND developer at least once looked at... *looking through history*

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Plunder-and-Teammates-Overtly-N...

There you go! Many ideas, suggestions and discussions...

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 187 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16248 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Aeonra wrote:

there was once a topic about how to improve plunder, where a ND developer at least once looked at... *looking through history*

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Plunder-and-Teammates-Overtly-N...

There you go! Many ideas, suggestions and discussions...

Thanks, I know that one.     

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 187 (199 Views)
0 Likes