Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

So, today and the past couple of weeks I concluded my experiment.

Everyone here who knows me knows I'm not much for combat.  I'm a team player, an best in Plunder as a bit of everything.

I've played the last three weeks with these loadouts:

M-9 RoF, No Power Weapons, No Grenades, Cash'em In.  Head shot stat hat.

G-MAL or M-9, Weapon Master, and a either Ammo Change and Accuracy or RoF and Scoped In.  Deposit and Cash'em In.  Head shot stat hat.

AK or M-9, name weapons, Beast Mode, heavy object speed stat hats, Back in the Saddle and Quick Boom or Cluster Bomb.

When playing with the first two sets, I simply ran around killing things.    In almost every case in every game I scored double the game length in $10, 000 cash.  So, a quick 5 minute game $10, 000 cash.  20 minute game, $40, 000 cash.

In every instance I played to win, with the Plunder Boosters, I made about as many 10, 000 in cash as the game length.  10 minute game, $10, 000.  20 minute game, maybe $20, 000.

And this is all without a multiplier.

Over the course of dozens of games I made, far above statistical relevancy, double the cash, more treasuers and leveled faster when not actually playing plunder, but playing death match.   And my win loss was comparable to when I played to win.   I won 70% of games trying, won 60% simply scoring.

Naughty Dog.    Your Plunder game is **bleep**.  There's no reason to play to win.  It is a complete sham and pile of **bleep**.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 161 of 187 (28,150 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4759 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Jan 12, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Naughty Dog.    Your Plunder game is **bleep**.  There's no reason to play to win.  It is a complete sham and pile of **bleep**.

This could be changed to "Your game in general is *bleep*"

So many bad, bad decisions which have stopped the game being any fun. Weapon balancing, blindfire > aiming, total overload of power weapons........could go on for hours.

Message 162 of 187 (28,133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Grumpy men. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 163 of 187 (28,128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4759 posts

Jan 12, 2013

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Grumpy men. 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 164 of 187 (28,126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 12, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

Grumpy men. 

Smiley Very Happy

bigstock_A_Grumpy_Old_Man_20013194.jpg

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 165 of 187 (28,115 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

So, we were right.    All this time, 16 months since release, 17 since Subway, 21 months since the original beta, and the players, the community, the fans, were right the whole time.

Making the Capture worth more, removing the kill-incentive medals, effectively simulating the U2.1.09 update in UC3 was what Plunder needed.

I haven't seen one person intentionally not score an idol.   I haven't seen one person with an obvious boosting loadout.   I haven't seen one set of players on a team simply farming people since 1.17 was deployed.   It really is a game player's mode again.   

The way to make money is to score and score fast.  Can't do that farming people.  

We told you.  Day one, we told you you needed these changes.   Just think about it.    Think about all those players who might have not had the skill for TDM, for HDC and Classic, who chose TO or Plunder for the easier time, for the ability to actually do something... but who got farmed even harder than in Kill modes, and who quit the game.

Think about all that DLC you failed to sell them.  Think about all those microtransactions they took to another game, or to another platform.

Maybe, just maybe, next time, when the vast majority of Objective mode players tell you what's best for the game you might actually listen.   I no longer believe you make a quality product from foresight, planning and intent, but from an ancillary effect of your fumbling.

This should have been us lauding you for a great patch, admiring your insight into gameplay, and thankful for your effort.  Instead, we're just shaking our heads and saying: this took a year and a half?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 166 of 187 (28,077 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

for some reason i still saw lots of people farming, and people just camping, and also getting 4 scores and just more farming.
Nd didnt do enough i.e. - the ideas in the objective based modes thread.

deathmatch and multimarked man both need to be completely removed from team objective and replaced with another round of turf warfare and king of the hill.

plunder in general just doesnt play as well as it does in UC2 imo, throwing the treasure is awful - that must be why they placed the capture chests on the ground in fort - since its much harder to the idol up there compared to UC2.

Message 167 of 187 (28,002 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

for some reason i still saw lots of people farming, and people just camping, and also getting 4 scores and just more farming.
Nd didnt do enough i.e. - the ideas in the objective based modes thread.

deathmatch and multimarked man both need to be completely removed from team objective and replaced with another round of turf warfare and king of the hill.

plunder in general just doesnt play as well as it does in UC2 imo, throwing the treasure is awful - that must be why they placed the capture chests on the ground in fort - since its much harder to the idol up there compared to UC2.

Well people in UC2 Plunder still farm, so I guess UC3 won't be any different in some regard. Smiley Very Happy

Message 168 of 187 (27,989 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Mar 2, 2013
^^ i was just talking about how plunder plays gameplay and mechanically wise.

i remember so many great games of plunder in UC2 - with many "no cigar's" - end to end stuff - Scanturary had to be the best map for it.
Message 169 of 187 (27,974 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5270 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
^^ i was just talking about how plunder plays gameplay and mechanically wise.

i remember so many great games of plunder in UC2 - with many "no cigar's" - end to end stuff - Scanturary had to be the best map for it.

I had the opposite on UC2. Parties of 5 getting 4 captures then killfarming for the rest of the match, this was before 1.09 of course so eventually it got better but I still saw people killfarming (although it's much rare)

Message 170 of 187 (27,956 Views)
0 Likes