Highlighted
Survivor
2179 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

Sep 1, 2012

I killfarm in plunder sometimes. If TDM is being mega derpy and I have no other choice. I do play the objective though. I played a match one time where my teammates TK me just for scoring....

Message 11 of 187 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Sep 1, 2012
-Remove the Unlucky medal from Plunder and Team Objective. I personally have no problem when I get it (I even uploaded two Unlucky medals I earned in Plunder on my channel just yesterday), but it has a psychological effect on people who do care about it, and that psychological effect keeps many people from following the objectives correctly.

-Give 0 cash for kills. Assist money could be okay since it promotes teamwork. But getting money for kills? Nope. If you get four times as many kills while killfarming in Plunder than you usually get in TDM, 3TDM, Hardcore, FFA, or Elimination, you've gotten just as much cash for kills as you would have in those modes, except you didn't gamble your KDR, and you probably made more cash from all those medals you obtained in the process...

-Reduce cash earned from every medal except for Drop It, Captured!, Expansionist, You Shall Not Pass, and Protectorate (if I've forgotten about any other objective-based medals, let me know). The only medals that should give a good monetary reward should be the ones based off of following the objective.

-Increase cash earned for the objectives-based medals significantly (except for Drop It, which is fine the way it is). I'd say Captured! should give at least $2,000, and a That Was Embarrassing medal needs to return and give a $10,000 reward ($20,000 if you activated Cash 'Em In before the final capture).

Only then can we hope that the community stops using Team Objective and Plunder for killfarming.
Message 12 of 187 (769 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I PMed the Dogs last week about Plunder's demise.

If I were Cog, I would:

Remove cash for KILLS and ALL Medals, Except...

CAPTURED. would be worth a hell of a lot more.

Introduce a cash multiplyer, or win bonus multiplyer for winning in less than 5 minutes, less than 10, less than 15.

Encourage people to play properly, and win quickly.

Right now, there is no such incentive.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 13 of 187 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 1, 2012
#1- do not remove unlucky, since it gives cash
#2- do not give the person who delivered it more cash then the rest of the team. Right now there are idiots who TK you to steal the capture.

#3 - punish people who TK to Steal captures, or to keep thë round going. Maybe teamsafe every explosive in plunder to keep people from TK'ing

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 14 of 187 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

If I were Cog, I would:

Introduce a cash multiplyer, or win bonus multiplyer for winning in less than 5 minutes, less than 10, less than 15.

no this would be **bleep** lol.

PS : ^-

No..for my is an unlucky not an unlucky medal.I think the real name from this medal is Oww you are so bad.

Message 15 of 187 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
398 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I remember a recent game where my friend Jamrocks, a couple of his friends and I played a plunder match against those FnXX tryhards. I have no respect for any of them. They killfarmed like no other. The match wasn't any fun at all. I thought it was going to be a fun, respectable match that you could say GG to them to but I should've known.

Message 16 of 187 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Sep 1, 2012

silvadream1010 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

If I were Cog, I would:

no this would be **bleep** lol.

PS : ^-

No..for my is an unlucky not an unlucky medal.I think the real name from this medal is Oww you are so bad.

Care to elaborate?

Plunder is plunder, not TDM. Money should be awarded for playing the mode correctly. Right now, it works the same as TDM.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 17 of 187 (709 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
#1- do not remove unlucky, since it gives cash

I look at it like this:

I'm busting my **bleep** off trying to get to the idol and stop the other team from capping it. I shouldn't get a medal for dying 5 times trying to do this, the game telling me I'm "unlucky" when I'm intentionally trying to kill the other team. It doesn't fit with the mode. It's rewarding me for playing the way I'm supposed to but it's also giving me a negative impression, furthering to make me play worse. It doesn't matter if I'm getting cash for it, seeing that "unlucky" word just makes you, mentally, behave differently.

A medal could replace it, one that's more objective based. Such as, if the other team makes a capture within 30 seconds to a minute of the idol spawning, everybody on the other team gets a medal of some sort that's similar to unlucky but doesn't make you feel as bad...

I agree with Southpaw's list of changes. It's pretty similar to how UC2 1.09 was iirc.

Edit: Make the game subtract money from your team if you aren't going for the idol.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 187 (702 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7046 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

The Unlucky Medal:

Please don't remove the Unlucky medal. That would be a huge mistake, because then everytime I'm rushing the enemy just to stop them from scoring or capturing a hill my countless deaths for the sake of my team would go unrewarded with medals, while the people who kill me as I mess them up continue to get medals towards their kickbacks. With Unlucky and Comeback I know I can actually recieve some compensation for rushing in when my team mates are too scared to even die for their team, despite it being TO or Plunder where deaths don't count.

If you want rename the medal Detemined, Committed, or Martyr. The Medal for 5 straight deaths should remain though

Honestly though if you're afraid of getting a medal get the hell over yourself. I hate people who stand right outside of the zone in King of the Hill and let the enemy capture it when they could just as easily run in and stop them and buy our team more time to get over there, but instead don't because they're afraid to get a death. Take one for the team dammit!

Plunder Fixes:

As for actual ways to fix Plunder (TO has set timers for each round so their isn't really much abuse there) they just need to greatly increase the value of Captured medals, greatly decrease the value of kill related medals, and maybe give a time remaining bonus that gives you $1,000 per minute remaining in the match. Then if you run into a good 5 man team that would've previously kill farmed for medals, it's now in their best interest to try and get those captures and as fast as possible.

Another alternative (in addition to the value increase of Captured medals), although a little more dynamic and possibly too hard to code in, is to have medal values dynamically change over time or after certain amounts. This could either work in a way such as kill based medals being worth 30% less than their original value after every 5 minutes. So say 11 minutes into the match kill based medals would be worth only 40% of what they are normally, and 15 minutes in they would only be worth 10% of what they are normally. The other way to impliment this would be to have your first 15 medals be worth normal value, your second 15 worth 50% of their value, and all medals after that are worth only 10% of their value.

Message 19 of 187 (680 Views)
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Here's the idiotic thing.

People who want a faster rate of return should play other modes.

I've just come from playing a series of Free For All matches in the DLC pool.    I can't shoot very well, everyone knows this.  I came close a couple times, but didn't win any games, but:

I just averaged $17, 000 a game, over the series of 8 or so games.   Using negative boosters and cash'em in.   The average game time was 5 minutes.

That's a ridiculous earnings rate, far better than you can do in Plunder, where dragging a game on for 20 minutes caps you at $50, 000.

And ND, Plunder's cheap enough.  Did you really have to put more power weapons on the Lost City map?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 20 of 187 (656 Views)
0 Likes