Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Re: Update 1.15 Release and Notes

Oct 9, 2012

If its released next month then meh im gonna be playing AC3 Single Player and Multiplayer at that time.

Message 11 of 21 (1,154 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Oct 9, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

armando_is_great wrote:
Hate to say it, but it seems like their game is dying

How does it seem like it's dying? Do you have the numbers of how many players are playing the game currently? Because if you do, I'd love it if you shared it with us.

Forums are losing activity, many of my friends have moved on, and ND hardly ever communicates. It will never die, people will surely be playing it years to come. Even i'll still drop in occasionally. I should have said dwindling significantly, not dying. It has, however, lost it's chance at ever being the ps3's go to multiplayer. To answer your question, no, i do not have the player numbers. Quite an absurd question.

-I'd be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic.
Message 12 of 21 (1,146 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 9, 2012
I have to agree, I haven't seen much on ND's part lately to actually keep the MP alive. Communicating here in the forums on a regular basis would be a great start, just seems they're putting minimal effort to grab our attention.

I've moved on, been playing Resident Evil 6. Despite the reviews I'm having a blast. Also picked up Dishonored today Smiley Tongue
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 13 of 21 (1,135 Views)
Naughty Paw
20194 posts

Oct 9, 2012

armando_is_great wrote:

OWN1N45 wrote:

armando_is_great wrote:

How does it seem like it's dying? Do you have the numbers of how many players are playing the game currently? Because if you do, I'd love it if you shared it with us.

Forums are losing activity, many of my friends have moved on, and ND hardly ever communicates. It will never die, people will surely be playing it years to come. Even i'll still drop in occasionally. I should have said dwindling significantly, not dying. It has, however, lost it's chance at ever being the ps3's go to multiplayer. To answer your question, no, i do not have the player numbers. Quite an absurd question.

People are back in school/occupied in their studies, along with people having JOBS. Forums getting less activity is expected.

It's Fall and Winter is coming. This time of the year, MANY new games are being released and people want to take time to play those, usually ignoring the forums as well. Again, expected.

ND has hardly communicated anyway and the game is still going strong. Point is irrelevent.

I'm pretty sure every game being released for 1 year would lose the potential to be the "go-to multiplayer." Again, expected. The game is old.

Yes, the numbers are dwindling. All because of the stuff I said or people just aren't huge fans of the game. All expected.

Everything you said has been expected or has always been, yet the game is still strong in my eyes.

Message 14 of 21 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Is there anything good coming out? I'd get NFS if EA didn't screw up the whole series...
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 15 of 21 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20194 posts

Oct 9, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Is there anything good coming out? I'd get NFS if EA didn't screw up the whole series...

Borderlands 2 (already out!)

Resident Evil 6 (see above)

Dishonored (just came out I believe)

Assassin's Creed III

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

CoD: BO II (if you're into this kind of game)

Halo 4 (if you have an Xbox)

Anything on Wii U if you really want to buy it in November.

Should keep you occupied. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 21 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
232 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

armando_is_great wrote:

OWN1N45 wrote:

armando_is_great wrote:

People are back in school/occupied in their studies, along with people having JOBS. Forums getting less activity is expected.

It's Fall and Winter is coming. This time of the year, MANY new games are being released and people want to take time to play those, usually ignoring the forums as well. Again, expected.

ND has hardly communicated anyway and the game is still going strong. Point is irrelevent.

I'm pretty sure every game being released for 1 year would lose the potential to be the "go-to multiplayer." Again, expected. The game is old.

Yes, the numbers are dwindling. All because of the stuff I said or people just aren't huge fans of the game. All expected.

Everything you said has been expected or has always been, yet the game is still strong in my eyes.

I can acknowledge everything you said. You reply as if I'm an advocate against the game. On the contrary, i wish more people were playing it ( I wish more still played U2, but that's another story). Yes, i understand that other activities and games can deter player count (you condescend by capitolizing "JOBS", as if i could afford to play games without one). I merely made a casual observation based on my own perception. I wasn't arguing or attempting to break new ground. I will, however, respectfully disagree with your claim that ND's lack of communication would not drive away players. I know many who have left for that reason. In those cases with those people, it was a matter of "If ND doesn't care for it's game/ fans, why should I?".
-I'd be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic.
Message 17 of 21 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

To be released SOON™, as we all know. 

I see ALOT of people moving on from UC3, including myself, which makes me a little sad *snif, snif*.  Boarderlands 2 has captured many a gamer. 

It really is sad that UC3's run was not as stellar as UC2's.  Do you think that has anything to do with working on two games a the same time (UC3 and TLOU)?  Also, I did not think the game would fizzle THIS MUCH by the 1 year mark.  UC2's formula, IMHO, appears to be better, less gimmicky, and simple.  The simplicity kept you playing an entire 2 years until this stinker was released. 

Oh well.  I got my value out this game (definitly more than $100 worth).  So, over all, from an entertainment factor, I should not complain.  In my eyes tho, this game could have bee SO MUCH BETTER at retail release. On to the 1 year countdown for TLOU, and before that, it will be time to move on to other titles.  NDI screwed the pooch on this one, from the start. 

Message 18 of 21 (1,022 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Borderlands 2 (already out!) No thanks

Resident Evil 6 (see above)  Aw HELLLL NAW

Dishonored (just came out I believe) Eh

Assassin's Creed III Made by Ubisoft, Ubisoft, Ubisoft, Ubisoft, etc etc. I didn't like it anyway

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Getting this. Yep.

CoD: BO II (if you're into this kind of game) Why is this an option

Halo 4 (if you have an Xbox) No xbox. Smiley Tongue

Anything on Wii U if you really want to buy it in November. Agh.

Should keep you occupied. Smiley Wink Yeah, maybe I'll just go play SSBB.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 21 (998 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

To be released SOON™, as we all know. 

I see ALOT of people moving on from UC3, including myself, which makes me a little sad *snif, snif*.  Boarderlands 2 has captured many a gamer. 

It really is sad that UC3's run was not as stellar as UC2's.  Do you think that has anything to do with working on two games a the same time (UC3 and TLOU)?  Also, I did not think the game would fizzle THIS MUCH by the 1 year mark.  UC2's formula, IMHO, appears to be better, less gimmicky, and simple.  The simplicity kept you playing an entire 2 years until this stinker was released. 

Oh well.  I got my value out this game (definitly more than $100 worth).  So, over all, from an entertainment factor, I should not complain.  In my eyes tho, this game could have bee SO MUCH BETTER at retail release. On to the 1 year countdown for TLOU, and before that, it will be time to move on to other titles.  NDI screwed the pooch on this one, from the start. 

"Stinker"?  Harsh bro.  I myself would love to get into a new game, but now is not the time.  Everyone has all kinds of stuff going on, and gaming should take a backseat to real life, sad but true.  I've never understood to "go to multiplayer" thing.  I guess for Xbox that's Halo?  Seems that for the PSN there's a variety, Uncharted is just one fish in the pond.

I really loved UC2's simplicity as well, but if they had just done that this time around people would be howling about how they didn't innovate.  I'm still enjoying myself, still on the forums, lurking mainly but posting occasionally, no time.  Looking towards 2013, tons of game coming out I'm really excited about.  Happy that I made some friends from here to play with when those come out.

Bring on Classic Mode, maybe I'll finally get to see what all the hype was about on the old forum.Woman Frustrated

Message 20 of 21 (968 Views)
0 Likes