Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

Sep 16, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

Here an idea that popped into my head last night to possibly add to this mode: 

The first minute of each game, kills don't count as points. The first minute is only to either find a teammate or earn rewards, like in the OP (disruption, cloaked, etc..). You would earn rewards based on how many kills you get in the first minute, but if you find a teammate, then you can't get any rewards. If a team is broken up after the first minute, then neither player would have rewards for the rest of the game. Rewards are already decided after the first minute passes. What do you think about adding this to the mode?


I really like this idea, but I don't want the people who dominate in the 1st minute to get a huge advantage later on, or be put at a disadvantage when going against a pair of players. The concept is solid though, and I'd like to see what possible rewards you could come up with that you think are balanced and distinct. Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 21 of 27 (284 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/13/2010
Offline
216 posts
 

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

Sep 17, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Here an idea that popped into my head last night to possibly add to this mode: 

The first minute of each game, kills don't count as points. The first minute is only to either find a teammate or earn rewards, like in the OP (disruption, cloaked, etc..). You would earn rewards based on how many kills you get in the first minute, but if you find a teammate, then you can't get any rewards. If a team is broken up after the first minute, then neither player would have rewards for the rest of the game. Rewards are already decided after the first minute passes. What do you think about adding this to the mode?


I really like this idea, but I don't want the people who dominate in the 1st minute to get a huge advantage later on, or be put at a disadvantage when going against a pair of players. The concept is solid though, and I'd like to see what possible rewards you could come up with that you think are balanced and distinct. Smiley Happy


Good point. The main reason for this idea is to make it easier to find a teammate. If kills don't count, it's less risky to go up to an enemy and ask for a high five. I wasn't planning on giving big rewards for kills, just something to motivate people to get kills in the first minute that's not as motivating as a point on the scoreboard, if that makes sense. Maybe all lone wolfers would get cloaked and disruption. One kill upgrades to cloaked silver and 2 gives cloaked gold. These are just off the top of my head, because I think we should agree on the main idea before going into specifics.

Message 22 of 27 (279 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

Sep 17, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

Good point. The main reason for this idea is to make it easier to find a teammate. If kills don't count, it's less risky to go up to an enemy and ask for a high five. I wasn't planning on giving big rewards for kills, just something to motivate people to get kills in the first minute that's not as motivating as a point on the scoreboard, if that makes sense. Maybe all lone wolfers would get cloaked and disruption. One kill upgrades to cloaked silver and 2 gives cloaked gold. These are just off the top of my head, because I think we should agree on the main idea before going into specifics.


Considering that there'd only be 1 minute to earn kills for upgraded versions of Cloaked, I think the requirements you gave would be enough to make people seriously consider the risk/reward of trying to party up or run solo. I will add this to the OP, and give you credit. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 23 of 27 (269 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/13/2010
Offline
216 posts
 

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

Hey Naughtydog, you said in the new blog post to to tell you our ideas for new labs. Compared to the rest of the lab ideas, this one has quite a bit of support. (I know that's not saying much) lol. But is there any way you could confirm if this mode is possible/worth the effort to make? I could see how changing the teams in the middle of a game could be technically challenging. I think this idea could get much more support if people actually believed it could happen. Thanks

Message 24 of 27 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

Sep 22, 2012
^ banana lab has slot of support but they haven't given it to us Smiley Sad

Banana lab is the most kudoed lab in the lab sectio of the forums Smiley Happy

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 25 of 27 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/13/2010
Offline
216 posts
 

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

Sep 25, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
^ banana lab has slot of support but they haven't given it to us Smiley Sad

Banana lab is the most kudoed lab in the lab sectio of the forums Smiley Happy

Ya got me, never even saw that thread.

Message 26 of 27 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

Sep 25, 2012
Lol it's awesome Smiley Happy

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 27 of 27 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes