Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 01 2012
By: Toxic156 Fender Bender 4145 posts

Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Cinco Kudos!]

[ Edited ]
26 replies 580 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

Hey, all 3 people who freuqent this section- I have a Lab idea you may be interested in. It has elements of FFA and 3TDM.

The game would start out as standard FFA, but players have a new twist on a gameplay mechanic thrown in- High-5 a player, and you two can team up against everyone else. The catch? Alliances can only be made in the first 5 minutes of gameplay. Friendly fire will also be on, meaning that they can turn on you at any time. No boosters/KBs will be useable, meaning that Team Safe won't be a work-around for this. The alliances will act like a psuedo-buddy system, and allow for spawning, High-5s and treasure pickups if needed. The alliance ends when someone's teamkilled. Each person keeps the kills they earned before and during the alliance.

Now, before you say, "But Toxic, the better players would just join up with high-skilled players", there's a workaround for that- when voting for the map/waiting for it to load, stats will not be visible, aside from your own. PSN IDs will remain, and everyone would be listed as the same level with no star. 

For those of you thinking that you have to pair up with someone, while it could prove beneficial, it's not entirely necessary. Those who remain Lone Wolves-after someone/some team has reached 5 kills-will gain access to some of Cloaked's abilites, namely moving silently or near silently. They will also gain access to a one-time use of Disruption, which can help tear some alliances apart or just cause some mayhem. If a Lone Wolf forms an alliance, s/he will lose these abilities and won't regain them if the bond breaks. Someone who's formed a pair before the bonuses won't receive these after the split.

*Idea from Huskers1598*

Instead of a 5-kill limit to form trusts, there'd be a 1 minute time period where kills don't count. The same rules above apply, with the exception that the numbers of kills earned in this time frame determine the level of Cloaked- 0 will give bronze, 1 will give silver, and 2 would give gold. 

So, what'll it be- having an easier way to get the most kills while dealing with a potential threat, or having to work more but with an advantage? At the moment, since no one else has posted, the kill cap will be 25- thanks to shadowlibraboy for that. I thank you for taking your time to read this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (580 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Uneasy Alliance

Sep 2, 2012
This would be a great idea, and a lot of fun :smileyvery-happy:

And if ND did this, maybe they could allow us to use this mode in customs after the Lab is over :smileyhappy:

I am not sure about the kill limit though... Maybe 25?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: Uneasy Alliance

Sep 3, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
This would be a great idea, and a lot of fun :smileyvery-happy:

And if ND did this, maybe they could allow us to use this mode in customs after the Lab is over :smileyhappy:

I am not sure about the kill limit though... Maybe 25?

I think ND should be able to have all Lab games playable in customs, but this one might require some new settings. 

And congrats- since you're the only poster, you've chosen the kill cap. :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [1 Kudo!]

Sep 4, 2012
yes I agree, ND should make all Lab games playable in customs, and start trying out new game modes instead of power weapon versions of normal game modes.

And Ty for letting me choose the kill cap :smileytongue:
This section needs more traffic, but at least the low traffic keeps away the trolls :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 5, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
yes I agree, ND should make all Lab games playable in customs, and start trying out new game modes instead of power weapon versions of normal game modes.

I think they've only been going with PW only modes is because they're probably the easiest to create- just make everyone's loadout the same. :smileyvery-happy:

shadowlibraboy wrote:
And Ty for letting me choose the kill cap :smileytongue:
This section needs more traffic, but at least the low traffic keeps away the trolls :smileyhappy:

No problemo- 25 is a solid number for something like this. It would allow for this Lab to have its moments without lasting too long. 

As for traffic, it's sad to see ideas like this go un-seen. :smileysad::smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Sep 5, 2012
I agree with everything you said :smileyhappy:

The PW labs seem the easiest to make, and I do wish that there was more traffic here :smileysad:

Maybe if more people came here it could catch ND's attention

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Sep 6, 2012

This would be awesome! No parties would be allowed, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

This would be awesome! No parties would be allowed, right?

That's right- parties would make the whole "not being able to see stats" thing pointless, as well as remove the tension between your temporary buddy, so this would be a no-party/mercenary mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Dos Kudos!]

Sep 7, 2012
^ I agree :smileyhappy:

But I would like this lab to be in custom games, so you could still have fun with friends with it :smileytongue:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (505 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Re: Uneasy Alliance [3TDM + FFA] [Dos Kudos!]

Sep 11, 2012
What if somebody trolled just saying
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (470 Views)