Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

marvelalex come on mate. xbox and sony are totally diff....

Jul 21, 2011
marvelalex come on mate. xbox and sony are totally diff. at least vita is owned by sony. never say never
Message 11 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

They'll probably port Golden Abyss to PS3 in the future....

Jul 21, 2011
They'll probably port Golden Abyss to PS3 in the future. Just like with PSP titles. Obviously it won't be anytime soon, though, as it's arguably the most anticipated Vita title right now.
Message 12 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Naughty Dog doesn't own the Uncharted franchise. In fact...

Jul 23, 2011

AliMakaveli wrote:

hi ND,

if im not mistaken, golden abyss wont be created by you but some other company?? i dont like the idea of you selling your baby to other companies. isn't that what happend to crash?? 

Naughty Dog doesn't own the Uncharted franchise. In fact they never owned the Uncharted franchise, it has always belonged to Sony and Sony simply lets Naughty Dog - who they also own - make them. Apparently they don't want to spread resources too thin for Golden Abyss so they are giving that project to one of their other studios. What happened with Crash is completely different because Sony didn't let another studio work on it but actually sold it and that's why you started seeing Crash on other consoles.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 13 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

what?! nd don't own it? all this time i thought ND come u...

Jul 23, 2011
what?! nd don't own it? all this time i thought ND come up with uncharted, and was ND a company of it's own before sony "took over" or were they sony's all along?
Message 14 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Naughty Dog did come up with Uncharted. Naughty Dog is a...

Jul 23, 2011

AliMakaveli wrote:
what?! nd don't own it? all this time i thought ND come up with uncharted, and was ND a company of it's own before sony "took over" or were they sony's all along?

Naughty Dog did come up with Uncharted. Naughty Dog is a first party developer, meaning Sony owns them. What happens is ND comes up with a game idea and then if Sony approves of it they make a trade off: Sony publishes and advertises the game and Naughty Dog gives the rights to Sony.

It's common practice. Like how David Jaffe and company created Twisted Metal and God of War but Sony owns the franchises and publish them. Or how Guerrilla Games came up with Killzone and gave it to Sony to publish for them. Usually the publisher always keeps the rights to the game, it's very rare that the developer keeps it.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 15 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Crash

Jul 28, 2011

Sony never owned Crash. Crash was owned by Universial Interactive Studios and was published by Sony

Message 16 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
885 posts

The downside to this means that it's in Sony's hands what...

Jul 28, 2011

Seventy_X_Seven wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

Naughty Dog did come up with Uncharted. Naughty Dog is a first party developer, meaning Sony owns them. What happens is ND comes up with a game idea and then if Sony approves of it they make a trade off: Sony publishes and advertises the game and Naughty Dog gives the rights to Sony.

It's common practice. Like how David Jaffe and company created Twisted Metal and God of War but Sony owns the franchises and publish them. Or how Guerrilla Games came up with Killzone and gave it to Sony to publish for them. Usually the publisher always keeps the rights to the game, it's very rare that the developer keeps it.

The downside to this means that it's in Sony's hands what happens to the dreadful film adaptation. Sony are pretty greedy in this respect, they see oppertunity to make money but don't care if it hurts the franchise. They messed up Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films by forcing him to make the third film with their ideas, rather than letting him make his own (which is why it turned out s***), and now they are rebooting. If Sony didn't own Naughty Dog then Uncharted may have been cross-platform, just like any exclusive on 360 such as Halo, would've been ifit wasn't published by Microsoft. Then again, ND did want the best for their franchise and thats was only possible on PS.

Message 17 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sony Pictures and Sony Computer entertainment are two dif...

Jul 29, 2011

TOMN92 wrote:

Seventy_X_Seven wrote:

AliMakaveli wrote:

The downside to this means that it's in Sony's hands what happens to the dreadful film adaptation. Sony are pretty greedy in this respect, they see oppertunity to make money but don't care if it hurts the franchise. They messed up Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films by forcing him to make the third film with their ideas, rather than letting him make his own (which is why it turned out s***), and now they are rebooting. If Sony didn't own Naughty Dog then Uncharted may have been cross-platform, just like any exclusive on 360 such as Halo, would've been ifit wasn't published by Microsoft. Then again, ND did want the best for their franchise and thats was only possible on PS.

Sony Pictures and Sony Computer entertainment are two different things, they both are owned by Sony but they act independently, which is why ND says the movie is out of their hands as in SCEA / ND have no say over the project once the rights to the movie were sold. 

Regarding Crash Bandicoot... ND created him, SCEA published him and Universal always owned the rights to him.  ND / SCEA never owned the Crash IP, so when ND decided to move on from making Crash games, Universal took the IP with them.

Also, Naughty Dog are not selling out by having one of the best handheld developers out there (Sony Bend) make an Uncharted game. handhelds have more reach than consoles, If anything it will make people check the ps3 games and bring more awereness to the series.

Message 18 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

I don't think I'll buy a Vita for the sole purpose of pla...

Jul 29, 2011

I don't think I'll buy a Vita for the sole purpose of playing Uncharted. Granted Uncharted is the reason why I want a PS3, but there are also lots of 3rd gen games I wanna play along with it(I wouldn't mind saving $150 and getting an Xbox but since Uncharted is PS3 exclusive...lol)

If I see that there are more cool games with the Vita then I may consider it, I hear its backwards capatable with PSP games so we'll see...

I'll probably just end up watching walthroughs on Youtube like I did with UC1 and 2 lol

I'm a girl who plays video games, deal with it.
Message 19 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

While Naughty Dog isn't making Golden Abyss, they are clo...

Jul 29, 2011

AliMakaveli wrote:

hi ND,

if im not mistaken, golden abyss wont be created by you but some other company?? i dont like the idea of you selling your baby to other companies. isn't that what happend to crash?? you've got a gold mine, a thing of beauty please dont do that again. we have total faith in you not to screw up the franchize coz we dont trust other companies to stay on track.

the last thing we need is, drake vs aliens in an astronaut costume.

anyway, im sure you have SOME say in uncharted golden abyss, so i was thinking, if it was possible making it availabe on the psn store to buy and play it on the PS3. i just dont wanna buy the vita just to play it. uncharted is the only game i love dearly. i would like to play it on my PS3, and you wont lose out anyway coz i'll be paying full price for it

While Naughty Dog isn't making Golden Abyss, they are closely following the company that is so that they don't screw it up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - sinthros
Message 20 of 45 (209 Views)
0 Likes