Mar 19 2012
By: Masta-Hattori Lombax Warrior 223 posts

Uncharted Competitive League on FN: [72] teams *PRIZES CONFIRMED-Join in now!

36 replies 85 views Edited Mar 19, 2012

Whats up everyone, here is just a little update on what we have going on over at the UCL on FraggedNation. Hopefully this sways the teams and players who were on the fence about us.

The Uncharted Competitive League now has 72 teams signed up and our First Season is well underway. It is never too late to sign up, and playing in this Season will determine the seedings in the Playoff Tournament. This ends up being pretty important as it will put you in better position to receive the top prize. Our efforts have peaked Hauppauge's (makers of HD PVR) interest in providing the top team a substantial reward. Like I have said in the past, we have no plans to stop in the future there will always be Seasons with Tournaments and Special Events to accompany in between.

This league idea was born from these community forums and we have continued to utilize our participants feedback to make the competition more enjoyable. We are constantly throwing up Polls on the FN forums regarding any rule changes, ideas, format for future leagues, and events. Nothing is ever changed without an overwhelming majority, even some of our admins ideas have been shot down from the polls. We know what it's like to not be heard so the last thing we will do is drown out your feedback with our own agenda.

We strive to offer a balanced competitive playing field and our rule set reflects that. While some of the imbalances this game has are harder to tackle than others, we are always looking to improve in all areas. Some of the best teams are already taking part with the likes of Get+, !RRE, OmG!, FT, and FnnxX among others. The atmosphere is a welcoming one with RESPECT being a priority. Tons of experience or little experience it doesn't matter, we want you to take part and we have plenty of people who are willing to offer any tips, strategies and advice they can give.

The more teams we have, the more we can do and the better chance we have of interesting other Sponsors to support us.

sQuiiDx, tripleWRECK and I started this league and will assist anyone who needs help getting set up. Contact us on here, PSN or FraggedNation

I dont see a reason to wait, sign up using the link below!

http://www.fraggednation.com/standings/ps3/uncharted-3/Uncharted-3-Competitive-League-5782

Photobucket
Message 23 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2080 posts

Re: UCL on FN: 61 teams signed up *Prizes Confirmed-Join in now!

Mar 9, 2012

i <3 this league xD

►!RRE◄

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday , even the Calendar says W. T. F..........

Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!
Message 1 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Cool, I don't have a team, so I can't join...

Message 2 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2080 posts

Mar 9, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 schrieb:

Cool, I don't have a team, so I can't join...

You can search for recruiting clans on Fraggednation, there's a Forum thread about Players searching for clans.

►!RRE◄

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday , even the Calendar says W. T. F..........

Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!
Message 3 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Just remember that the user base as a voice in how things are shaped for current seasons and future seasons. We involve you because just like us, you play this game to keep it alive. We won't make decisions and leave you in the dark. It is about creating a balanced and realistic competitive approach, something to rival the big dogs in the market. I find it absolutely astounding that the league has received so much attention and love. We can only thank those who go out of their way to help it grow. Like Nudlz said, FN is our future. I can't begin to describe what can happen from this point forward. FraggedNation and their sponsors are eager to help us, not to mention outside sources who are still in the mix for future events.

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 4 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Yeah, I like the no kickbacks, no RoF, and we are allowed to use daredevil.

Message 5 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Kudos to everyone involved with getting this project off the ground. I think it's great and it's gonna really strengthen the UC community. This is the most I can do to support the Uncharted Competitive League since my skills as a players aren't nearly good enough to flourish in a competitive environment but good luck to all the teams signed up.

Message 6 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Mar 9, 2012

You really shouldn't worry about stuff like that. If you enjoy facing other good players, then sign up. I'm pretty sure I've seen you in some scrims and you held your own there. And playing competitive matches will help improve you're skills.

Message 7 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Wow, 61 teams after what? A week or two? I swear just last week it was just 20 teams (most of which weren't active). Surprise, surprise.

I feel bad for not posting much on there now or being able to play with my team but that's more to do with school than anything else. NOW that I'm on spring break for a week, I should have some tiem to play matches and junk. We'll see.

ANYWAY, awesome success and stuff woo!

Photobucket
Message 8 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Mar 9, 2012

To branch off of what Abnormal said, continue to be around in the scrims and you can only improve. We are more than happy to help. The 3 admins myself, trip and squid are always looking to host customs and so are some of the other community members.

Doesn't matter how good or bad you are, we will welcome you.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 37 (85 Views)
0 Likes