Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 needs to be better

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

^This is what a dozen paragraphs of contradicting bullsh*t looks like folks!^

Uncharted 2's historical/mythical plot was a copy and paste of Uncharted 1's story!

Thanks for the input, zaniack. (UNCHARTED 2 REFERENCE!  <3)

I don't see at all how Uncharted 2's story was a copy/paste of Uncharted 1's story.

Now if you could explain what parts of my post were contridicting and/or bullsh*t maybe I would take you more seriously...

Message 31 of 47 (856 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Aug 17, 2012
If you think the disparity between the SPs of U2 and U3 is significant, then your claim is a complete paradox.

And how the hell are you oblvious to the plot points of the "Chintamani Stone" bearing such a great resemblance to that of El Dorado? You are the one who doesn't have a leg to stand on here.
It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 32 of 47 (850 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Aug 18, 2012

speaking for myself, I love the fact that Uncharted 3 had a more intimate, and personalized story - the Young Drake stuff, and origins of the Sully/Drake relationship was great stuff.

Some of you bring up interesting points, some I agree with, many I do not, frankly.

Replaying the game now - first time in a while - and gotta say, it kicks butt - way more fun than most I have played. Maybe that's just me?

Bring on Uncharted 4!!!!

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 33 of 47 (847 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:
If you think the disparity between the SPs of U2 and U3 is significant, then your claim is a complete paradox.

And how the hell are you oblvious to the plot points of the "Chintamani Stone" bearing such a great resemblance to that of El Dorado? You are the one who doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

There is a difference between copy/paste, and bearing a resemblance. Also I don't think paradox is the word you're looking for.

Uncharted 3's collapsing secret city concept was a copy/paste of Uncharted 2's collapsing secret city.

Uncharted 2's campaign was NOT a copy/paste of Uncharted 1's campaign.

And even if it were, and I were wrong here, calling my entire post bullsh*t is completely unnecessary. Why don't you expand on how my other points were bullsh*t? Perhaps make a detailed response that is more than 3 sentences?

Or don't, since I'd actually rather not argue. I have my opinion, you have yours. Simple, yes? Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 47 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 18, 2012

The story was average when you compare it to the second game. And the focus with Sully and Drake just felt a bit of a weak copy of Indiana Jones with his father in the third film. I was expecting a surprise with Marlowe as well, as I believed she would be Nathan's mother, but that never happened either. And the last stage was poor, it didn't feel like you discovered anything. It was so bad that I can't really remember what happened.

I said this to someone who works at GAME, and he disagreed with everything I said, so it's just a difference of opinion. But I think that shows how good UC2 really was. Hopefully the next game in the Uncharted series can be as good as the second installment.

Message 35 of 47 (836 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Aug 18, 2012

I am glad Marlow was not revealed to be his mother.....that was clear from the first time they met, given Nate was already 12 or so - definitely no secret mommie. They hinted a little at him being a true orphan, but it's best to keep a little mystery.

I also agree (of course) that a lot of this is a difference of opinion, and try to remember as vocal as the fans are on these forums, out opinions here do not reflect the fanbase community  

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 36 of 47 (830 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

MrZoobat wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

There is a difference between copy/paste, and bearing a resemblance. Also I don't think paradox is the word you're looking for.

Uncharted 3's collapsing secret city concept was a copy/paste of Uncharted 2's collapsing secret city.

Uncharted 2's campaign was NOT a copy/paste of Uncharted 1's campaign.

And even if it were, and I were wrong here, calling my entire post bullsh*t is completely unnecessary. Why don't you expand on how my other points were bullsh*t? Perhaps make a detailed response that is more than 3 sentences?

Or don't, since I'd actually rather not argue. I have my opinion, you have yours. Simple, yes? Smiley Wink

Forget resemblance, Uncharted 2's plot was Uncharted 1's with a different coat of paint. You're just a little trifling b*tcher.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/20/the-top-25-playstation-3-games-2?page=5

I skimmed over you illogical rant list and I just seem some of of the most vague and illegitimate whining ever. I have a few grievances with Uncharted 3, but they're actually comprehensive. You know, I actually describe my points. You though, you just made a dozen paragraphs that can be summarized by this:

"Uncharted 2 is far superior to Uncharted 3 in every aspect because Uncharted 2 is Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 is Uncharted 3"

That's actually significantly smarter than you seem, but you get the point. It's not at all an insightful argument. Your gripes are invalid because they're so petty and/or nonsensically vague, they're beyond superficial. You can't hate Uncharted 3, and love Uncharted 2. If you don't like U3, then you're not an Uncharted fan. Period. You say that U3 isn't even comparable. That's invalid. Period. I don't agree at all how anyone can say U2's competitive multiplayer is better than U3's, but I have my reasons why I infinitely prefer U3's MP. Because it's so much more robust I'm now encroaching on Legacy 3, while I still remain like Level 20 in U2 MP. I've hated games that others have loved. Batman Arkham City is my most disappointing game of all time, and even the biggest Rocksteady @ss kissers I've met actually understand and even agree with most of the points I make. Anyway, I've wasted enough time with your trivial bullsh*t. I'd try to be broad minded and see thing from your point of view, but I could never get my head that far up my @ss.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 37 of 47 (799 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1085 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Pumping for the truth.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 38 of 47 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I'm sorry but I don't agree with any of you.Uncharted 3 was an amazing game and worthly sequel to Uncharted 2.For me even better.I like action-adventure games and thats why I love Uncharted series.I like exploring,puzzles,myths,legends and secrets.But most of all I like exploring,myths,legends and secrets in jungles.Thats why Drake's Fortune is almost my favourite.If it had the story like Uncharted 2 or 3 it would be the my favourite but my favourite is Uncharted 3.I just loved exploring Chateau and Syria.Parts on ships were amazing too.Uncharted 3 satisfied the adventurer in me.Uncharted felt to me like a shooting game with treasures.Thats why I prefer Uncharted 3 over it.

Multiplayer of Uncharted 3 is and always will be better than Uncharted 2 multiplayer for me.It is more enjoyable and far less frustrating.Uncharted 2 required more skill to be good and when I would play with guys that played Uncharted 2 multiplayer 24/7  I wouldn't stand a chance.Because of that I get more and more frustrated.Uncharted 3 multiplayer is more enjoyable and more relaxing.

Message 39 of 47 (731 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Nov 18, 2012

"You guys went too realistic with this one.  Everything is explained and what not but in the other games it was realistic until the very end then we got some crazy mysterious beings put into play."

You saying you liked those aliens and zombies in the first two games? I liked the zombie section in 1 but didn't like the inability to not save progress during the end phase of it. Very stylish looking section in any case, which I liked.

In the sequel, not a fan so much of those blue meanies, especially the first time you face them...I had to circle them quickly, shooting them...something I hate doing. It improved in the next section which became easier, once you applied logic to the situation...i.e. making sure the blue meanies don't see you when you pick up that big machine gun, which effectively kills them. Wasn't a fan of the final boss fight in the sequel too.

The way that Nate touched every surface when he ran in U3 was rather boyish...he's meant to be a man, right?

Personally, I feel that U3 really improved when it got into the ship graveyard section...it was actual gameplay as opposed to the first half where you got those annoying sections where you had to learn by rote exactly which turn to make to stop the game from resetting because you went the 'wrong' way and died or got captured. If the entire game played more like the 2nd half it could have been the highest rated Uncharted game for me (I scored the first 75%, the second 70% and the 3rd is probably a 75% too...if not for the 2nd half of that game it might have scored around the 60% mark).

Uncharted was one of the first games I played on the PS3 after playing mostly PES3 on the PS2. Found the use of the guns so unintuitive in that that I set the game on Easy. Oddly, I played U2 on Normal and that seemed easier than Easy on Uncharted! Played U3 on Normal too...not sure if I was doing the grenade throwback thing wrong in that but it either seemed useless or hard to get right. Since grenades were such a constant threat in the game, it would have been good to get the mechanics for the throwback right.

Anyway, as far as script goes, U2 was the best. As for actual gameplay I preferred most of the 1st and the 3rd in that regard.

It's a matter of getting the balance right...but the series tends to have things in it which really annoy me, so I'm not a mad fan of the series...I did find the gameplay in the Bioshock series more rewarding...and that had practically zero cinematic cut scenes!

Message 40 of 47 (723 Views)
0 Likes