Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 needs to be better

Aug 5, 2012

Well in that case i would love to have an U4 but i don't believe we'll see it happening

Message 21 of 47 (14,660 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2012

It's like you read my mind because I have exactly the same opinion as you except that I prefer UC3 just a little because of the gameplay improvements, the puzzles and the villains. Kudos. Edit: Apparently there is no way to show who I replied to so I should let you guys know I replied to cinemaman09

As for UC4, I hope ND makes it for PS4. I think the story should be more structured like UC2's story. I also would love it if ND added all the great features in the Last of Us that would fit UC such as the great partner AI (make the partners able to kill this time) and enemy AI, the unscripted and sandbox-style gameplay while still keeping the set-pieces. Check out my thread about UC4 ideas and feel free to add your own: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/General-Discussion/What-I-want-from-Uncharted-4/m-p/37431450

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 22 of 47 (14,656 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Honestly I'm one of the biggest fans of UC series and I found UC3 to be better than uc2. The reason why a lot of people have so much hate for it is because they believed in their hearts that the jump from UC2 to uc3 was going to be the same leap that it made from the UC1 to uc2. They made everything from the UC2 better, 

photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Message 23 of 47 (14,646 Views)
Wastelander
593 posts

Aug 10, 2012
ND isn't done. You'd have to crazy to think so. There WILL be another Uncharted game.
Message 24 of 47 (14,633 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Aug 12, 2012

Something just felt Un-Uncharted about U3. I like Sully, but more as a less center stage guy. U1 was great for him, but it just felt too manly without female touches. Uncharted, for me, is an awesome adventure with strong females. It's the best bit, but U3 cut that and maybe that's why I like U2 better. We had Elena in it, Chloe was pretty cool (if un-needed now) and Harry Flynn was so awesome. He was funny and even Zoran had a big precence. It just felt like Uncharted, IMO.

I love the Monastary bits, and the bit where Nate and Elena run in Nepal, The rain effects rock and seeing Elena move as fluidly as you was really good.

Message 25 of 47 (14,618 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Aug 14, 2012

I also agree that Uncharted 2 is better than Uncharted 3.  

Uncharted 3 lacks A LOT of polish and I remember seeing screenshots of the game before it came out and some trailers that the character models looked horrible in comparison to Uncharted 2 (**bleep** happened to Chloe and Elena?).  

Uncharted 3 had amazing graphics, don't get me wrong, but I felt there were just too many huge set-piece moments and that it was more for show rather than adding anything meaningful to the game itself.  Bigger isn't always better.  I think I prefered Uncharted 2 graphics though because the game itself was just more polished and I liked the snowy areas more than the desert (personal preference I guess).  

When it comes to the MP, I think Uncharted 2s is way better.  I like how everyone starts off with the exact same weapons and that power weapons are scattered throughout the map so players could fight for them.  Now with Uncharted 3, the loadout system, and all the crazy boosters, and weapons attachments just make the game so unbalanced.  There's just to much going on and it feels like a mess.  I guess I just really appreciate the simplicity of Uncharted 2s multiplayer.  

The sprint feature in Uncharted 3 feels completely unnecessary.  I remember during the summer beta I was hesitant of the sprint, but I felt that ND handled it right.  The sprint was great at getting you to a certain point on the map faster, but the lack of full control made it so you couldn't abuse it.  Now, the sprint is just terrible.  Too much control, and people constantly sprinting around the map, blindfiring recklessly.  

If Uncharted 3 was how it was during the summer beta, I wouldn't be complaining at all.  To me, that was the best version of Uncharted 3.     

Message 26 of 47 (14,610 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 17, 2012

firstly i want to say that i love naughty dog and uncharted 3, but when uncharted 3 was released i dont think the multiplayer was finished i think what uncharted 3 multiplayer is now is what it have should've been when it got released. i dont know why people are saying uncharted 2 was a better game than 3 it wasnt uncharted 3 did every thing better than 2, except for the single player store in uncharted 2 that uncharted 3 should've had and the ending boss not the boss battle the boss which was lazarevic in uncharted 2 and talbot in 3.

i know this doesnt really matter but in uncharted 3 they should added at least one more weapon or something.

anyway i think uncharted 4 should be a mixture of uncharted 2 and 3 like uncharted 4 having a single player and multiplayer store and add the amazing multiplayer uncharted 3 has but i'll be honest uncharted 3 multiplayer had and still has lots bugs and glitches and stuff.

i would also like uncharted 4 to have about 28 or 30 chapter's. uncharted 3 was slightly too short, a longer campaign would be better.

one thing i've noticed iin uncharted 3 is that nathan drake, sully and elena look amazing but once you see another character like marlowe or talbot or another character or ai they dont look as good.

in uncharted 4 i want to see more thourght in the story line dont get me wrong the story was great in 3 but there is something about it that i dont know doesnt feel right or maybe im crazy.

somethings i dont get in uncharted 3 is that how did elena get to arabia does she live there i dont know and another thing is that in all uncharted games drake gets shot heeeepss of times and how does he get revived i dont have a clue. i think in uncharted 4 like once nathan gets shot or when he's on low health instead of just saying ouch he could start lymping or something or in uncharted 4 you should actually see a bullet proof vest under he's shirt to know how he is resisting all the bullets or something.

in uncharted 4 you should add a story where we find out nathan drakes real name or even if it is he's real name.

a great thing would be another part where your on a moving train again. the train part in uncharted 2 was amazing and you should add it uncharted 4 and nathan drake says something like ohhh crapp not again...... or something.

Uncharted 3 is my favourite uncharted game and my favourite game its absolutely amazing.

keep up the good work naughty dog you are my favourite game company

i thought of something what if sony santa monic studio, naughty dog and sucker punch come together and make a ps3 exclusive. that would be so awesome the game would probably get 50 game of the year awards. Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 47 (14,597 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Aug 17, 2012

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 28 of 47 (14,587 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

Uncharted 2 was the pinnacle of the series. Uncharted 3 was a huge letdown in just about every way possible.

Some notes about what Uncharted 2 did better than Uncharted 3:

- The story in UC2 was handled much better with fantasitc pacing. Every location felt important and was fully explored. Uncharted 3, it felt like the story was based around the setpieces. As if ND thought, "ok, we want a boat sinking, a plane crashing, and a building burning. Now lets write the story." I mean really, the entire sinking ship sequence was entirely not needed for the story. Uncharted 2 on the other hand, every location felt right and the set pieces felt natually integrated.

- Going off of the story again, Uncharted 2 felt like a much more complete package. First of all, the game was much quicker to start and had a more exciting introduction. In Uncharted 3, it took 7 chapters (Stay in the Light) just to get any good action. In Uncharted 2 the game was already thrilling by chapter 2 (Breaking and Entering). Additionally, the ending of Uncharted 2 was WAY better than the ending of Uncharted 3. For one thing, the leadup to Shambala was actually done well. It took a while to get there, and you weren't surprised when you found it because you knew it was coming. In Uncharted 3, Atlantis of the Sands literally showed up out of nowhere. It was like, you go into the desert, a sand storm hits, you fight some enemies, and then all of the sudden, "Sully, there it is!". It's like... wut? There was no satisfying leadup whtatsoever. Also, ending bossfight and DEFINATELY ending cutscene were much better in Uncharted 2.

- Uncharted 3's ending was a cut/paste of Uncharted 2's ending. Find lost city, battle supernatural creatures, fight main bad guy, escape crumbling lost city and barely manage to make it out alive. Specifically the part I'm thinking of is how Atlantis of the Sands began to crumble and collapse, just like Shambala. It all felt very familiar...

- Stealth felt much more viable in Uncharted 2 and was usuable on more occasions. It felt like most of Uncharted 3's stealth sections didn't acutally allow you to pass an entire area unnoticed, because there would always be at least one guy who would always see you. In UC3, stealth sections almost always ended in firefights. Not so in UC2. I want more stealth in UC4.

- Uncharted 2 was noticably longer than Uncharted 3, which was good.

- Uncharted 2 had much more interesting environments than Uncharted 3. Nepal for example, was a brilliant location full of nice colors. Syria, not so much. Drab greys and dark blues in a castle environment don't feel very Unchartedy. Also I much prefer snow to sand. Please, more snow and jungles in Uncharted 4!

- Uncharted 2 had much better writing. The cutscenes flowed better and music within cutscenes worked perfectly.

- This goes with writing, but specifially COMEDY!!! One particular area that I LOVED in Uncharted 2 where Uncharted 3 totally fell short was the comedic dialogue. Uncharted 2 had brilliant writing. Examples: 1) "You couldn't find you own a** with both hands", "And a map." 2) "Oh, no, it's not that bad. Look, I have my own BUCKET!". 3) "I pick more than my nose my friend" 4) "I sure hope you know what you're doing" "I don't have the faintest idea" 5) "What are you, crazy?" "Just get me close enough to jump!" "Guess that answers that question." 6) "What's it say?" "*tenzin speaks*" "Why do I ask...?". 7) "Thanks for the input, Jeff". etc.  Uncharted 3, for comedy, kept using the same unfunny jokes. Mostly ones that just embarrased Drake. Things like, 1) "C'mon, we just gotta climb up here" "Or, we could just open this door". 2) "We need to find a way up" "Thus, the stairs". Etc. And other unfunny things, like the cell phone conversation.

- Characters in Uncharted 2 were much more interesting than characters in Uncharted 3. Zoran and Flynn > Katherine and Talbot. Tenzin > Salim. Flynn > any Uncharted 3 new character.

- Set pieces were used better in Uncharted 2. Sure, in Uncharted 3 they were more explosive and grander in scale, but some seemed a bit too over the top, even for Uncharted *looking at you, plane crash*. Additionally, the approach for set pieces changed. In Uncharted 2, for the most part, the set pieces were smaller and happened more often. They would be things like a bridge collapsing, an explosion knocking drake down, a building collapsing, etc. In Uncharted 3 the appraoch was to have a few very distinctive huge set pieces, namely the burning Chateau, the sinking Ship, and the crashing Plane. It doesn't help that literally all three of these set pieces were spoiled in preview gameplays.

- The music, in my opinion, was much better in Uncharted 2. "Reunion" was a beautiful song that really made Shafer's death quite sad. "Cornered" was a epic piece (one of my favorites) that made the collapsing builing all that much more intense. "Among Thieves" was an adventurous piece that perfectly suited the series and Nathan Drake's character. "Breaking and Entering" was a perfect mysterious piece that perfectly fit the museum heist. I can't really remember any experiences in Uncharted 3 where the music really stood out. Uncharted 2's score was much more adventurous and fit the Uncharted theme better. I didn't like the Arabian influence on the music in UC3.

- The story was much more interesting. Marco Polo and Shambala story > Francis Drake and Atlantis of the Sands story. What I'm saying is, the whole "Marco Polo recorded every detail that happened on his journey, but he never said what happened to those ships" set up for a much more intriging story than "Francis Drake said it took him six months to sail from here to here. It doesn't add up, he was way too good a sailor for that!". That line really annoyed me - "way too good a sailor". It was a disappionting cutscene to set up the story compared to Uncharted 2's beach bar cutscene. In fact, Uncharted 2's beach bar cutscene that set up the story is my favorite cutscene in any game ever.

- Uncharted 2 was a more complete package. It shipped with a cutscene viewer and an expansive Single Player Store that really upp'd the replay value. Uncharted 3 came with neither and a cutscene viewer had to be patched in. SP Store still nowhere to be seen.

- Uncharted 2's core gameplay was much smoother and more polished. Everyone knows about the aiming issues in Uncharted 3, but it doesn't end there. One of my biggest personal gripes with Uncharted 3 was the inclusion of the "cinematic camera" during melee. God do I hate that. What I'm talking about is how whenever you would melee the camera would cut away from Drake and switch to a different angle for a split second. A fluid camera that always stays behind Drake is SO much more cinematic!!!! I hated how when I would do a stealth kill in Uncharted 3, it would switch to a front on view of Drake. It looked stupid and was disorienting. And also when I would do a pull down, and it would change camera angles AND go into slo mo!! SO LAME!!! It's like the exact opposite of cinematic and awesome. When I'm meleeing an enemy, I don't want the camera to cut away every time I throw a punch!

- Uncharted 3 took a step back in animations. Uncharted 2's animations felt much smoother. Uncharted 3 felt clunky and rough. Additionally, some animations were actually removed from Uncharted 3. For example, the only stealth kill in UC3 was the one where you would jump on the back of an enemy and break their neck. What happened to the one from UC2 where you would just grab them from behind, lower their body to the ground, and snap their neck that way? Also, what ever happened to sliding into cover? It looked great in Uncharted 2. In Uncharted 3, when you take cover behind a low object, you'll ALWAYS do the crouch-walk-towards-cover animation and NEVER the slide into cover animation. Also I much prefered Uncharted 2's roll animation to Uncharted 3's roll animation (I'm talking about Uncharted 3's *firefight* roll animation, not the exploration roll animation. I actually liked that one a lot). The firefight roll animation in Uncharted 3 looked dumb. Also I liked Uncharted 2's sneak animation much more than Uncharted 3's.

- Yetis/Guradians > Djinn

- I actually preferred Uncharted 2's multiplayer. It was simple and felt unique in a gaming world where every new shooter has some in depth leveling system. The simplicity behind it worked well and it was balanced. Also, the graphics in UC2 mp were much better and felt smoother than UC3. And UC2 maps > UC3 maps.

Also I didn't like the new additions to Uncharted 3's core gameplay in mutliplayer. Specifially sprinting. It felt clunky and went against the whole 'contextual speed' aspect of singleplayer (not that contextual speed was in UC2s multiplayer anyways but still). I knew I wouldn't like sprinting when it was first announced, and I voiced my opinion on the matter, but devs insisted I just wait to try the feature out because they really believed that it worked well and felt right in Uncharted. Well guess what, I was right. I tried out the feature and strongly dislike it.

- This may seem minor, but since Uncharted strives to create a polished experience I feel the need to mention it. MENUS!! Uncharted 2's menu's were beautiful and flowed well. The nice foliage background with the birds looked great. Everything looked amazing. Uncharted 3's menus were drab, uninspiring, and lackluster. They were boring and didn't have the Uncharted feel to them. They felt like placeholder beta menus. For a direct comparison, compare Uncharted 2's Chapter select to Uncharted 3's Chapter select. UC2 had a nice border with the cut corners on the chapter images, while UC3 just had the image with no border or anything.

This was a very long rant, but I felt the need to get this stuff off my chest because Uncharted 2 was, is, and most likely always will be my favorite game of all time and I really want Uncharted 4 to go back to Uncharted 2's roots, so I'm trying to give ND as much advise as possible. Even after Uncharted 3 came out, I quickly went back to Uncharted 2. It's that much better.

I have high hopes for The Last of Us and already like what I've seen. Specifially, I like how the camera during melees/stealth kills doesn't have the ugly 'cinematic camera cuts' that plagued Uncharted 3. I'm hoping it stays that way. One continuous fluid camera looks so much better.

If you actually took the time to read this entire thing, then thank you. I really hope someone at ND reads this and forwards it to the team.

Message 29 of 47 (14,583 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

^This is what a dozen paragraphs of contradicting bullsh*t looks like folks!^

Uncharted 2's historical/mythical plot was a copy and paste of Uncharted 1's story!

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 30 of 47 (14,571 Views)
0 Likes