Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 needs to be better

Jul 30, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I'm playing through U3 and I can't believe how much it sucks.

I love U2.  U1 had terrible gameplay but other than that it is a really good game....but U3 is just so aweful. 

Although U2 was better, you make it seem like U3 is horrible game...

Goldhawk1 wrote:

You guys went too realistic with this one.  Everything is explained and what not but in the other games it was realistic until the very end then we got some crazy mysterious beings put into play. 

There was crazy mysterious things put into play. Although it wasn't real.

Plus, I prefer this game to be realistic enough instead of having Drake chase after a random villain that looking for something supernatural again like in the first two games.

But that's what Uncharted is.  There's a treasure to be found but a deadly force guarding it.  U3 was somewhat "super natural" but they tried to explain everything way too much. 

I do find U3 to be less than what game reviewers rated it, and I'm finding it to be less than what I first thought of the game now that I took the fanboy glasses off and start seeing the game for what it really is. 

Message 11 of 47 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

Agree with Goldhawk1 on the supernatural part of U3 being mishandled. Too much was explained and the djinn being a hallucination as well as chapter 21 and 22 were a big letdown.

I hope that they handle this way better in U4 and expect them to at least create a new model for the supernatural beings instead of reusing a normal soldier model.

As for the rest of the game, I really liked it, but it was far from U2s quality, since I agree with almost everything Goldhawk1 wrote. The only thing i want to add is how much I hated that multiplayer maps were reused in single player. Seeing those maps in single player didn't exaclty make me feel uncharted and looked as if they actually didn't care about the sp being something special.

edit: I just hope that Neil and Bruce work on the next Uncharted again. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 47 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 2, 2012

The_Chief_135 wrote:

Agree with Goldhawk1 on the supernatural part of U3 being mishandled. Too much was explained and the djinn being a hallucination as well as chapter 21 and 22 were a big letdown.

I hope that they handle this way better in U4 and expect them to at least create a new model for the supernatural beings instead of reusing a normal soldier model.

As for the rest of the game, I really liked it, but it was far from U2s quality, since I agree with almost everything Goldhawk1 wrote. The only thing i want to add is how much I hated that multiplayer maps were reused in single player. Seeing those maps in single player didn't exaclty make me feel uncharted and looked as if they actually didn't care about the sp being something special.

edit: I just hope that Neil and Bruce work on the next Uncharted again. Smiley Happy

While the Djinn are possibly my least favourite of the supernatural creatures, I quite like the way they handled it by making them hallucinations. It kept it original. If they had done the same thing as Uncharted 1 and 2 then it would have been old and boring, so I think they did a good job of keeping the supernatural side of the game new and fresh.

Not quite sure I agree with your point about the multiplayer and singleplayer. I agree that it would be better to have different layouts that are unfamiliar to separate the two modes but you said "I hated that multiplayer maps were reused in single player". But weren't they designed in the single player first? We experienced them first in the multiplayer betas before we played them in the single player campaign when the game came out, but the actual levels were designed in the single player first, so how does that make the single player less special?

Message 13 of 47 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 3, 2012

ND said they created those multiplayer maps so that they can be used in single player too. Can't find the interview though, sorry.

Message 14 of 47 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 3, 2012

I was watching the PAX East thing where they were talking about how they designed the chateau single player level and they said that they had to design a certain section with multiplayer in mind. I'm fairly certain that's what they said but I could be wrong.

Actually thinking about it, if they were designing it as single player first, having multiplayer in mind could have affected how they designed it so your point about the single player design being less special could still be valid.

Message 15 of 47 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Yeah that's the interview I meant, thanks for clearing that up. Having the multiplayer in mind when creating certain areas is the wrong decision in my opinion, since the way mp and sp are played are very different. Sure, they safe time and recourses, but I want them to make the best game possible. 

When they work on the sp, all they should have in mind is the sp. Same goes for the multiplayer.

Just look at how the train section in london underground and the plane section on airstrip (promoted to bring the action of the single player into the multiplayer) were received. Most people disliked it! They even had to introduce an option to vote for those maps without the moving sections.

In my opinion things like the level design are too different in multilayer and single player to be mixed and should be worked on separately.

Message 16 of 47 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Agreed, multiplayer maps should be built from the ground up and separately from the single player, like they did in Uncharted 2. I mean, I still think that the multiplayer maps are really good and I don't feel it makes a big impact on the single player, but it would be nice if they were made with the specific mode in mind, instead of trying to combine the two.

I actually really like what they've done with the train and plane sequences to bring the cinematic side to the multiplayer and I don't think people actually have a problem with the design of these sections, it's just a big lag problem. If these bits ran lag-free then I imagine there would be a lot of support for them.

Message 17 of 47 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

That's right. I enjoyed those sections at first, but the lag was just too much.

Message 18 of 47 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Aug 5, 2012

there won't be an Uncharted 4...

The series clearly ended with 3

sure there can be expansions for the Uncharted universe like motion comics and prequal PS Vita games.

Why? first off, ND has the urge to always create a trilogy.

second, Because Uncharted 3's ending is a throwback to Uncharted 1's Beginning. (The plane) so basically if you played Uncharted 3 first then uncharted 1 you would know that sully bought a plane then it get's destroyed, repeat in a circle U1 U2 and U3.

third, Where would they go? they have pushed water, forsets, sand and deserts, snow and cities,day and night to it's limits. sure , maybe the PS4 has photorealistic graphics but they still would have to do the same thing again, only prettier.

Why else would they have put "team B" on uncharted 3? they are bored with the series, and when your bored your starting to look at your clock and look forward to the moment it's done, thus rushing it up a little.

FACE IT, UNCHARTED IS DONE!

Message 19 of 47 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

Nobody knows if Uncharted is done. People working at Naughtyy Dog said several times that there will be a sequel if fans want it. And your argument that they already did sand, snow etc doesn't really say a lot. The world and its nature have so much more to offer than what ND did so far, so I can safely say that ideas won't be a problem.

As for team "B", look at the credits of Uncharted 3 and compare them with Uncharted 2. People are always saying that U3 was made by Naughty Dogs team "B", but the only thing they know is that Bruce and Neil left the team. Sure, those two rock, but the major part of the team was largely the same.

You don't know more than we do and your arguments are not very well thought through.

Message 20 of 47 (512 Views)
0 Likes