Nov 30 2011
By: Bullet_Ride474 Sackboy 452 posts

Uncharted 4 - Weapon Pickups, not loadouts

10 replies 147 views Edited Nov 30, 2011

I imagine this is a fairly controversial topic, and I would suggest for loadouts to be patched out of Uncharted 3 but that's just wishful thinking as the game is pretty much designed around loadouts.

HOWEVER I think that Uncharted 4 (if there is one) should revert back to weapon pickups instead of loadouts. Personally, I think the major 'feel' of Uncharted missing from Uncharted 3 is the weapon pickups. I miss the races for the M4 or the fal, or the Uzi, and then the tension of having to pick up an AK after you've exhausted your Hammer bullets. Obviously that's still present now but far less. Additionally, you don't have people spawning with overpowered weapons (e.g. FAL or debatably, the M9).

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

Sort of agree with you.   Lots of gameplay action in UC2...

Nov 30, 2011

Sort of agree with you.

Lots of gameplay action in UC2 was built around a race for the power weapons (Hammer, Pistole, SAS), but the maps in UC3 hand out power weapons like candy, both in placement on the maps (one side can usually get to the weapon faster) and in kickbacks (Hammer Time, RPG, Sniper, etc)

In UC4, the only way they could recreate this type of action would be of equal placement of power weapons (give the Hammer 6 ammo, up from 4) and to do away with the kickback power weapon spawns.

Message 2 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Υep +1

Nov 30, 2011
Υep +1
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - DarkShadow345
Message 3 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3076 posts

that and no auto-pick up kudos

Nov 30, 2011
that and no auto-pick up
kudos
There was a beverage seller that sold tea, people liked the tea so he added sugar, he noticed how people like sugared tea so he added milk to it, some did not like the milked up tea but it was drinkable, the seller then got an idea of selling coffee, some bought it and part of them did not like it, the seller got what he thought was the best idea, he mixed coffee into a tea, it is predicted to be the best original tea.
Message 4 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4839 posts

1- Too early to talk about Uncharted 4. 2- This is the wr...

Nov 30, 2011

1- Too early to talk about Uncharted 4.

2- This is the wrong forum for this discussion..

Message 5 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

What I posted in another thread, seems far more appropria...

Nov 30, 2011

What I posted in another thread, seems far more appropriate here:

What sucks is that the guns are far too simplistic.

If ND implemented damage drops after different certain distances (effective ranges), different reload speeds, and varying aim time, they could have a lot more variety in guns.

The game could certainly use more weapons.

Message 6 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
452 posts

I don't think so, it's never too early to discuss somethi...

Nov 30, 2011

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

1- Too early to talk about Uncharted 4.

2- This is the wrong forum for this discussion..

I don't think so, it's never too early to discuss something like this because we're never sure when they actually start developing (pretty sure they started Uncharted 2 almost immediately after Uncharted 1) and also if you get it out there they can implement it in the early design of the multiplayer rather than taking out loadouts halfway through the development cycle because someone bring it up in one year.

Where is the correct forum? I think this is it, there isn't an Uncharted 4 multiplayer forum and this relates to Uncharted 3 multiplayer...

Message 7 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

I've never been a big fan of weapon loadouts in games.

Nov 30, 2011

I've never been a big fan of weapon loadouts in games. 

Message 8 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

Pickusp and Races...

Nov 30, 2011

I miss weapon pickups too! I run out of ammo very often so I'm constantly forced to adapt my aiming to the weapons I stumble upon even if I don't like them because otherwise I'd be unarmed, especially that pistols in this game are pretty useless at mid and long range.

That has change the races at the beginning of matches. Players used to race for weapons and now they race for camping

spots and who gets to the top tower in Syria or the zipline room in Chateau first.

Also, I don't see why we can't pick ammo up from similar weapon just because they are modded differently; ammo is ammo ND, ya know!

Photobucket
Message 9 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1112 posts

I support the idea as well.   Uncharted 2 did a much bett...

Nov 30, 2011

I support the idea as well.

Uncharted 2 did a much better job in this category... and not just in this one :smileytongue:

Message 10 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes