I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 Multiplayer must be NON noob friendly.

Feb 28, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

OrangeAddict wrote:

I want the mechanics as a whole to have a new fresh challenging feel whilst still mainting the uncharted multiplayer dynamics, I feel if little of the gameplay is changed players who have played uc2 and uc3 will grow tired, one thing players dont realise is that the only time they are having fun is when there is a challenge, I think just adding fancy maps and skins is only a short term thing to maintain interest but really its the core gameplay that needs to be changed.

Actually.. I don't enjoy a challenge. It irritates me.

I would have thought no one wants to be challenged every second of life, it isn't employment is it? I thought we played for fun.

You sir, represent the condition of most unemployed people of America: lazy.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 21 of 27 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

well much like F2P simple/aim assist mode would have it's drawbacks. no representation in a leaderboard, no legacy, no Coop, maybe even ads.... idk but the idea isn't to create another realm for these people to congregate in but to create a "practice mode" or something that's insubstantial until they reach a certain level and join the full aim assistless mode.

Having no assists would have an even bigger drawback, a very thin player pool. 

The average user can't play with no assists at all, I'm not average and I certainly can't. I could if you gave me a keyboard and a mouse more than likely but that isn't happening.

Uncharted 3's issue is it takes assistance to another dimension and offers way too much assisting.

Uncharted 2 was spot on apart from the shotgun issues.

I still think people can grow on not having to rely on the help. It'll take time but eventually all these functions will become second nature without the game having to do it for you.

Not related but there is a keyboard & mouse extension for consoles, if I'm right. But hell no. I hate keyboard & mouse on third person.

Cutter
Message 22 of 27 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

OrangeAddict wrote:

I want the mechanics as a whole to have a new fresh challenging feel whilst still mainting the uncharted multiplayer dynamics, I feel if little of the gameplay is changed players who have played uc2 and uc3 will grow tired, one thing players dont realise is that the only time they are having fun is when there is a challenge, I think just adding fancy maps and skins is only a short term thing to maintain interest but really its the core gameplay that needs to be changed.

I would have thought no one wants to be challenged every second of life, it isn't employment is it? I thought we played for fun.

I dont mean in the sense of it being difficult but like playing a new game for that matter, I mean the sort of challenge from when you stary playing a new game like for when you played uncharted 2's multiplayer for the first time.

Your comparison to employment is taking my post a bit to over board. All games are meant to have some element of challenge regardless of what kind of game it is.

Message 23 of 27 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
590 posts

Mar 1, 2013

No fleetfoot then?

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 24 of 27 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

OrangeAddict wrote:

You sir, represent the condition of most unemployed people of America: lazy.

Except she is not from America. Also generalizing that all Americans are lazy is not cool.

Message 25 of 27 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
@Aureilia

I want to be challenged when I play games, if I'm not I get bored quickly. That's why I almost never rage or complain. (Yeah I know I do on the mic but it's more to discuss than actual raging. It's gone fast too, I never make rage threads or sent people hatemail(not to be confused with troll- and provokemail)) I do know that I get a lot more frustrated when I got nobody to talk to.

I always play stuff on the hardest difficulty, failing at crushing is more fun than winning on hard. Or at least for me.

I don't want to be challenged every second of life though.

There isn't a problem with a challenge as such, but a challenge every match? I'd just quit the game totally, and so would many others, there has to be some games where your not just collateral damage.

So I could say I kinda agree. I don't mind the odd game against a level 75 beastly group. But every game? Ugh.. It's not fun looking at the respawn screen.

As for single player.. I'll take the challenge there most the time. I'm going to be alive a lot in game so.. It's not as big of an issue. It only becomes an issue in MP.

This is why I don't play Battlefield, and it only happens in that game, everything else i've played I can adapt to.. I spent 6 hours doing nothing except respawning.

Message 26 of 27 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Mar 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Many UC3 mechanics are a bit overboard: blindfire, aim assist, lag compensation. Just to name a few...

Aureilia wrote:

OrangeAddict wrote:

I want a little bit of both. Sometimes I'm really tired from work (kids and teens don't know what that means <-- the majority of the UC3 demographics) and other real-life activities and I just want to relax and chill out with my friends.

Other times, I'm full of energy and I want a challenge! Smiley Happy Obviously I don't have the constant energy of a little kid, that's why I said I want a little bit of both. Variety is the spice of life after all!

Yeah, I'm fine with it sometimes. I get it a lot of the time though. Smiley Indifferent Which actually makes me play less.

Message 27 of 27 (175 Views)
0 Likes