Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 06 2012
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3718 posts

Uncharted 4 Co-op Campaign Mode

[ Edited ]
54 replies 909 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

You can still win co-op fans' hearts back Naughty Dog if you do the following:

Give us an option to play the WHOLE campaign in Uncharted 4 with 2-4 players.

It should be a drop in/drop out system and also have a single player offline mode (classic campaign).

Firstly..

A player MUST complete campaign on single player on easy/normal/hard, and THEN they'll have this 2-4 player co-op enabaled. There should be a SEPERATE menu to get to this Co-op Campaign mode

HOW DOES IT WORK?

We all know most of the time, Mr Drake has an accomplice during his Adventures, and sometimes he has 2 and I think in U3 at some point he had 4 also in U2 with Jeff, Eleanor and (DAT  A S S) Chloe.

In U4 Mr Drake should always have 4 peers with him but these 3 other people can and should consist of characters such as:

• Eleanor
  • Chloe
  • Sully
  • Baldy (Charlie)
  • Ten to the Zin
  • Salim
  • New woman character
  • Another new character
  • Maybe just maybe another new character

This way ALL fans will be satisfied as many Eleanor fans we're disappointed with her lack of appearence as well as Chloes in U3. 

Yes, it is true, that we will miss Drakes lone missions but I still think they should be added in single player campaign but it shouldn't have such a big "plot hole" effect on the story. If that makes any sense.

Like I said, it should be drop in/drop out and when a player drops out then the character they controlled becomes an "AI" character i.e the computer controls em like they we're controlled in previous Uncharted campaigns. 

STRICTLY, in co-op campaign, there should NOT be ANY money/kill meter INCLUDED!!

SO WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED??

• TEAM medals
  • Number of kills a TEAM gets (A 100 team kills -Bronze medal- 500- Silver 1000-Gold ETC)
  • Number of times completed
  • Different medal for completeing on different levels (Easy, Normal, Hard ETC)
  • Medals for completing it with2/3/4 players (Back To Back and Master Of The Universe ETC)

Also bare in mind, ALL player MUST have single player completed on Crushing to have it unlocked in co-op campaign.

The HOST will ALWAYS have the saved file saved on his/her PS3 and MUST play with the same 2/3/4 people again in order to carry on where they left off. If all members are not available then they can't carry on where they left off.

In extreme cases if one player stops playing U4 or/and can't ever play again, then it's best for the other 3 players (the HOST of them) to delete that saved game data and restart the journey with 3 players.

Remember this co-op campaign mode should be for FUN only and not a "competitive" mode.

I would LOVE to have played UDF, AT and DD campaigns with my friends, so hopefully in U4 OR/AND yes OR/AND in TLoU I can have that chance,

IMPORTANT!! 

There SHOULD still be an ARENA mode with SEPERATE modes such as Gold Rush buffed up, Siege buffed up and a Super Survival Mode

There needs to be VILLAIN adventure modes AND villains and heroes adventure mode based on an alternate universe where Laz and Drake are the best of friends and Sully and Elena are EVIL villains.

Make villains and heroes playable in Arena too.

If you can make this happen ND then you will change a lot of hearts and you will be true legends once again to many fans. I can also boast again to my stupid COD friends about how great Uncharted is, now I can't anymore and you know why.

You OWE us ND, you've shown little to no love for co-op in U3 after you promised you would!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 55 (909 Views)
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 Co-op Campaign Mode

Oct 6, 2012

This is getting more desperate by the minute. They obviously couldn't care less.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 55 (891 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

Oct 6, 2012

no way! I love single player and I don't want it to be ruined because it has to adapt to coop!

first: drake is sometimes alone, how do set piece moments work in your plan, for instance the airplane scene in Uncharted 3, do you want to drop out of the plane with 3 buddy's all flying in the air and all manage to catch a crate and open the parachute? no thanks, that wouldn't make sense at all...

second: the story would be boring because all characters must stay alive until the end because else you can't play the whole story, also none of the characters can be captured by the enemy (Chloe in UC2 for instance), and also the objective must be always the same, take the collapsing bridge section in UC2 for instance, where elena walks over the bridge and drake follows and the whole thing collapsed, does that mean that Elena and 2 others must just wait there and wait for Nate to climb above, that's very boring in coop and it looks stupid in single player that 3 characters are just standing still...

so no, it wouldn't make all fans happy, it would destroy my single player experience, Uncharted is not a crappy shooter in which the player always have people besides him, Uncharted is an action/adventure and the multiplayer must be separate from the single player, coop campaign is a very bad idea and it will luckily never happen

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 55 (849 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Oct 6, 2012

It is fun to play with others in single player.  Just keep the option to do it solo, and don't make it COMPLETELY impossible to do it solo.  I like the option.  It should be considered. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 55 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I'd add Flynn (the Flake duo) or Eddy (the Dreddy duo) to the campaign partners. Y'know, flashback chapters back before Drake's best buds were stabbing him in the back or trying to kill him.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 55 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Suppprt!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 55 (805 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I agree with u a bit.If there is a co op story mode the exact same as single player it wont be good!

First wen som1 completes it on any other mode with AL then they know how it goes. Then with 4 people who ARENT AL it will be real easy.

Also it becomes boring wen ur with other people all the time. IN some parts is fun as only drake like wen ur in the plane and it is also fun with more then 1 person like wen ur with Salim and go to save sullly on horses.( I really love that chapter it is EPIC) That chapter suits only 2 people not more. Also it is more challenging when ur on ur own :smileyhappy:

But it will also be cool to have a co op story. I thinke there shud be 2 Different stories 1 co op n 1 not. Also the co op 1 shud have 3 players. That would be Awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 55 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I really like this idea, Ali, but I have an issue with this part:

AliMakaveli wrote:

The HOST will ALWAYS have the saved file saved on his/her PS3 and MUST play with the same 2/3/4 people again in order to carry on where they left off. If all members are not available then they can't carry on where they left off.

In extreme cases if one player stops playing U4 or/and can't ever play again, then it's best for the other 3 players (the HOST of them) to delete that saved game data and restart the journey with 3 players.

Remember this co-op campaign mode should be for FUN only and not a "competitive" mode.

If it's for fun, I shouldn't be forced to play with the exact same people every time I want to make progress. There's plenty of valid excuses as to why someone wouldn't be able to play, and there's no substantial reason to hinder other people's experiences because of them. 
Now, in terms of possible ideas to add-on to this, I have a few:
- Chapter selection should be enabled after beating this co-op campaign once, complete with togglable difficulty.
- More players = more/tougher enemies. This would prevent people from rushing through the story mode while encouraging teamwork (reviving, working together to take down armored foes, etc.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 55 (788 Views)
Survivor
2289 posts

Oct 6, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

It is fun to play with others in single player.  Just keep the option to do it solo, and don't make it COMPLETELY impossible to do it solo.  I like the option.  It should be considered. 

How about keep the singleplayer difficulty the same, but when it's co-op, make it my Crushing+ way. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 55 (777 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7069 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

You can still win co-op fans' hearts back Naughty Dog if you do the following:

Give us an option to play the WHOLE campaign in Uncharted 4 with 2-4 players.

It should be a drop in/drop out system and also have a single player offline mode (classic campaign).

Firstly..

A player MUST complete campaign on single player on easy/normal/hard, and THEN they'll have this 2-4 player co-op enabaled. There should be a SEPERATE menu to get to this Co-op Campaign mode

HOW DOES IT WORK?

We all know most of the time, Mr Drake has an accomplice during his Adventures, and sometimes he has 2 and I think in U3 at some point he had 4 also in U2 with Jeff, Eleanor and (DAT  A S S) Chloe.

In U4 Mr Drake should always have 4 peers with him but these 3 other people can and should consist of characters such as:

• Eleanor
  • Chloe
  • Sully
  • Baldy (Charlie)
  • Ten to the Zin
  • Salim
  • New woman character
  • Another new character
  • Maybe just maybe another new character

This way ALL fans will be satisfied as many Eleanor fans we're disappointed with her lack of appearence as well as Chloes in U3. 

Yes, it is true, that we will miss Drakes lone missions but I still think they should be added in single player campaign but it shouldn't have such a big "plot hole" effect on the story. If that makes any sense.

Like I said, it should be drop in/drop out and when a player drops out then the character they controlled becomes an "AI" character i.e the computer controls em like they we're controlled in previous Uncharted campaigns. 

STRICTLY, in co-op campaign, there should NOT be ANY money/kill meter INCLUDED!!

SO WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED??

• TEAM medals
  • Number of kills a TEAM gets (A 100 team kills -Bronze medal- 500- Silver 1000-Gold ETC)
  • Number of times completed
  • Different medal for completeing on different levels (Easy, Normal, Hard ETC)
  • Medals for completing it with2/3/4 players (Back To Back and Master Of The Universe ETC)

Also bare in mind, ALL player MUST have single player completed on Crushing to have it unlocked in co-op campaign.

I would LOVE to have played UDF, AT and DD campaigns with my friends, so hopefully in U4 OR/AND yes OR/AND in TLoU I can have that chance,

IMPORTANT!! 

There SHOULD still be an ARENA mode with SEPERATE modes such as Gold Rush buffed up, Siege buffed up and a Super Survival Mode

There needs to be VILLAIN adventure modes AND villains and heroes adventure mode based on an alternate universe where Laz and Drake are the best of friends and Sully and Elena are EVIL villains.

Make villains and heroes playable in Arena too.

If you can make this happen ND then you will change a lot of hearts and you will be true legends once again to many fans. I can also boast again to my stupid COD friends about how great Uncharted is, now I can't anymore and you know why.

You OWE us ND, you've shown little to no love for co-op in U3 after you promised you would!!

Sir, I'm afraid there's no such thing as an Eleanor in the Uncharted universe...........at least not yet in the games world :smileytongue:

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 55 (770 Views)
0 Likes