Highlighted
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Yeah the journal kinda tainted it for me. I don't like al...

Nov 7, 2011

Keeyes wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Especially the "shadow mural" one.  

Loved that one in particular. Definitely a step in the right direction. I just want the journal to play a less prominent role in the next one. But overall I was really impressed with them in this game. 

Yeah the journal kinda tainted it for me. I don't like all the hints, but sometimes you legitimately need to look at it to progress, sometimes you don't, so you had to check every time. I haven't played the co-op yet, but they should implement some teamwork based puzzles into the co-op that have no journal hints, where you just have to work it out from the environment. It's okay to make them more difficult and complex. Assassin's Creed has been doing it since AC2 with the glyphs, which while optional, gradually increased in difficulty up to the point where they were extremely complex, but doable if you had the correct mindset and could see patterns.

Message 11 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

MUCH better puzzles. Particularly enjoyed the Medieval am...

Nov 7, 2011
MUCH better puzzles. Particularly enjoyed the Medieval ameshow and the shadow. What I liked especially about the Gameshow was that the journal started you off, and from there you had to figure it out on your own. And with the Mural you didn't even need to look at the journal at al; it was a mixture of trial, error, luck and judgement. I didn't even know there was a hint for that one in the jorunal till I was watching my hubby do it after me.

Thieves puzzles were 'look at the journal and it is there'. You couldnt work it out for yourself, so essentially you were just told.
Displaced NDF individual Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
727 posts

I

Nov 7, 2011

Keeyes wrote:

I really like the puzzles they put into this entry of the series. Definitely outside the box on several of them. What did you guys think? Favorite puzzle?

think they are great ! Loved them all , the sprockets were a little too easy though.

Uncharted 3 Sig Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 13 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
599 posts

The puzzles in this game were awful. Especially in the Ch...

Nov 7, 2011

The puzzles in this game were awful. Especially in the Chateau. There was like 5 boring puzzles in a row. Every time its whoop lets look at Drake's journal again. It was so annoying. I just wanted to play the game and they kept trhowing these boring puzzles at me.

Message 14 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2740 posts

I thought the puzzles in this one were better than the pr...

Nov 7, 2011
I thought the puzzles in this one were better than the previous installments... they required a bit more thought. I do wish they had a "no hints" option though. Pretty much every time I was about to solve a puzzle on my own, one of the other characters was like "hey Nate, why don't you try this?" and ruined it. At least let me hit a button for the hint when I want one rather than having my sidekicks give me the answers before I've had a chance to work it out for myself.

That being said, I'd agree with the above choices. The 'gameshow' puzzle was the best because it required some consideration and was solveable with minimal hinting from the journal, and the shadow puzzle was cool just because it was cool.
Message 15 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3974 posts

Puzzles were definitely a step-up.  The shadow puzzle was...

Nov 7, 2011

Puzzles were definitely a step-up.  The shadow puzzle was the best one.  Some of the most inventive puzzles I've seen in an action game on PS3 so far were in God of War 3, but Uncharted did really good this time around.

I only wish they weren't giving you hints on how to solve them, if you messed around too long.  I disabled hints for that purpose alone, and Sully still insisted on giving me hints I didn't ask for.  I can solve the **bleep** puzzle myself.

Message 16 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1237 posts

Yes, I loved that puzzle too

Nov 7, 2011

Banting-Best wrote:

Finally!  A thread about the puzzles, which were really cool and creative.  Especially the "shadow mural" one.  If you've beaten the game you might know what I'm talking about.  I got stumped a few times, but never long enought to make a run for the computer.  Keep 'em coming ND!

Yes, I loved that puzzle too 

Message 17 of 17 (23 Views)
0 Likes