Highlighted
Sep 24 2012
By: seanquan Monster Hunter 20 posts

Uncharted 3 freezing/spinng ring

6 replies 1046 views Edited Sep 24, 2012

So I know there have been other topics on this, but there was never a clear answer, plus they went dead about 5 months ago so perhaps there is a better solution now.  

i was playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer, and the game kept freezing right before I entered a match.  It found players, but wouldn't put me in the match.  So I completly restared my ps3.  When I restared the game the screen was black forever. 

I tried it one more time and just got drake's ring spinning in the lower corner over and over.  I looked at my disc, and it's got some scratches and smudges which is wierd becasue I take great care of my game and all of them are pefectly clean. 

I loaded up Uncharted 2 and it worked fine, but I noticed it had one identical scratch on it as the U3 disc did.  Perhaps my ps3 is causing the scratches to the disc?  or maybe it's because I put so many hours into the mp that they just wear out?

I know one solution is to delete your game data and re-insall it but that's just a pain.  Plus I don't want to lose my multiplayer progress.  I don't know if that would be effected or not.  re downloading all the dlc is a pain. 

Anybody willing to help me or provide me with a solution?

Note:  Other game disc, and blu ray movies work fine; it's just U3.

Maybe I should just buy a new disc?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (1,046 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 freezing/spinng ring

Sep 24, 2012

exactly the same thing is happening to me  after patch 1.14..please help

Message 2 of 7 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
20 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Okay so here's an update.  

Yeah, the first thing i did was clean it and it didn't work.  so I uninstalled the patch data.   Then I had to re-install all the DLC which took about 75 mins.   All seemed good.  I could boot the game up and enter mp but then the same glitch happened.  This is the glitch

"I get into a match in the lobby and the game starts counting down.  When it reaches 1 the game glitches.  The characters on screen stop moving, and the music stops. However, I'm still able to edit my loadout's and I can highlight and select players in the lobby to check their statistics.  The only way out is for me to sign out of psn.  When I do that it crashes my whole ps3 and I have to restart it"

So I just went and bought a new Uncharted 3 disc.  and it worked PERFECTLY! 

Then when i took the game out there was a scratch right down the middle!  **bleep**?  I didn't think PS3's could scratch blu-ray disc.  It's wierd cuz my Uncharted 2 disc has an identical scratch down the middle.  Perhaps all Uncharted disc get this scratch when you install it?  I don't know.

Do any of you have scratched uncharted discs? I'm afraid my ps3 might be breaking.  I mean what's going on?

Message 3 of 7 (1,030 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 25, 2012

i dont think so it is the disc my disc is clean no scratches ,yes finger smudges at the edges but no scratches like you..and it is happening after patch 1.14 , i deleted it and re downloaaded it worked for a day and again it glitches at the game menu , music stops, game freezes not the console ..please dont buy a new disc because i dont believe every player has a  clean disc yet their game still works and the curious thing is why multiplayer not campaign is hhaving problems ..something to do with the patch i think.

Message 4 of 7 (1,017 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 26, 2012

I'm also receiving this on campaign mode.  I haven't been able to get passed the 'Greatness from Small Beginnings' chapter.  After pressing 'up' on the desired display case, it goes to black and the music stops.  I'm able to hit pause, but it has sat on a black screen for 20 minutes now.  When I hit pause and skip movie, it freezes and I have to hard shutdown the ps3.

This also happened on the first mission upon leaving the kitchen.  Straight to black, no sound, and only able to hit pause.  I got around it by finishing an area and hitting pause, waiting for the A'utosaving...Please Wait...' to disappear and continuing on.  This, however, did not work on the Display case.
After having to hard shutdown, when I go back in and continue, it has sat for another 20 minutes, with the spinning ring on screen.  After about 5 minutes the music goes to silent.

Message 5 of 7 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1901 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Your disks are probably not scratched, this has happened to my UC3 disk too. I don't mean to worry anybody  but a common problem is that UC3 disk actually damages the blue ray lens on the PS3 slims. 

Message 6 of 7 (998 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Sep 26, 2012
Message 7 of 7 (994 Views)
0 Likes