Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2389 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

scoobycool wrote:
 
 

wais_45 wrote:

scoobycool wrote:

You also have to consider how not many people would be interested in watching a bunch of not-as-well-known players compete together (not trying to diss Smiley Tongue)


*sorry for the multiple posts*

 

Whats the point of making a community project to only select a few because of their supposed "celebrity status"? Lol thanks for the laugh scooby!


Yw. I love making people laugh, even if I didn't intend to at all Smiley Happy

 

Your above post makes it seem as if you are somewhat jealous.

 
 

I have no room for being jealous and I always wish others the best for what ever idea they have, or feel like contributing to. Other than having fun what would I benifit from this in order for me to be jealous? I just cited a problem I had and you and a couple of other people seem to jump to conclusions off baseless assumptions. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 21 of 70 (418 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/21/2009
Offline
4961 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 4, 2013
I mean, it's their project. It's their time. It's their idea and their video. Can't they choose whichever players they feel like it to participate in it? Why would anyone here have any say what so ever as to anything pertaining to it? They can do anything they want. It's their project.

What next, we are going to complain about the events selected? Or the route of the course?
Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 22 of 70 (404 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Online
5143 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 4, 2013

It's something that is understandable. He may consider making a post on the forum and the FB Group next time round but it's still his project in the end, it will be up to him as to how he would like to run it ultimately.

Message 23 of 70 (397 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 4, 2013

mbhitman wrote:
I mean, it's their project. It's their time. It's their idea and their video. Can't they choose whichever players they feel like it to participate in it? Why would anyone here have any say what so ever as to anything pertaining to it? They can do anything they want. It's their project.

What next, we are going to complain about the events selected? Or the route of the course?

This. Honestly if you don't like it, you don't have to watch the video.

 

I know I'll skip this celebrity "cool"fest in UCTV since who the hell wants to watch people play a game they're already playing?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 24 of 70 (389 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2389 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

This is a response to Tack129, TheStuntDouble, and mbhitman

 

 

I don't know why some of you are taking my comment and turning it into something else off of assumptions. By your posts it seems like you guys forgot what a forum is so I'll define it for you; forum: "A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged". Guess what I did guys? I did just that. 

 

I was merely judging what was put forth and I get attacked with baseless assumptions. I know its "their project' and they worked on the project on "their" time, but they posted it here, a forum so im going to voice my opinion on something whether it is little or big, positive or not. 

 

As for mbhitman I was not complaining I voiced my opinion on what they presented here. Judging by you last sentence I take it your blowing my comments out of proportion. I have no right to dictate what they can and cannot do for their project, but I can bring up a problem and suggest what they can do off of that. 

 

As for TheStuntDouble who said I didn't like it? "Meh" was not showing my dislike towards this project. Again it shows that people like to play scrabble with my words and cannot actually read clearly on what I posted.

 

In conclusion, you guys are spinning my comments into something that is not. No im not "jealous", "bu.tthurt", or "complaining". I was just highlighting what I thought was a problem and some of you guys either spin it into something that it is not, or don't allow an individual to express their thoughts on a community project. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 25 of 70 (357 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
428 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 4, 2013
@drakeshepherd, nice vid, it looks really good. I thought the summer Olympics were a really great idea and am looking forward to seeing what you have come up with this time.
Message 26 of 70 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Online
5143 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

I wasn't trying to overblow your comments or purposefully attacking you but if you thought I was I'm sorry.

 

Look you're a great player and a nice guy, I don't want to have a falling out over something as silly as this. Lets just forget about it and enjoy the upcoming events.

Message 27 of 70 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/21/2009
Offline
4961 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 5, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

This is a response to Tack129, TheStuntDouble, and mbhitman

 

 

 

 

As for mbhitman I was not complaining I voiced my opinion on what they presented here. Judging by you last sentence I take it your blowing my comments out of proportion. I have no right to dictate what they can and cannot do for their project, but I can bring up a problem and suggest what they can do off of that. 

 

 

In conclusion, you guys are spinning my comments into something that is not. No im not "jealous", "bu.tthurt", or "complaining". I was just highlighting what I thought was a problem and some of you guys either spin it into something that it is not, or don't allow an individual to express their thoughts on a community project. 


I'm not sure you were bringing up a problem? What is the problem you were attempting to discuss? The fact that you didn't like the participants? Or the fact that you didn't approve of how the participants were chosen? Neither of those things are problems. 

 

Yes, it is a forum, and if you are going to openly present your opinion on something, be prepared for others to disagree. There was no PROBLEM to debate. You just didn't like how the participants were chosen. 

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 28 of 70 (281 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2389 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

mbhitman wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

This is a response to Tack129, TheStuntDouble, and mbhitman

 

 

 

 

As for mbhitman I was not complaining I voiced my opinion on what they presented here. Judging by you last sentence I take it your blowing my comments out of proportion. I have no right to dictate what they can and cannot do for their project, but I can bring up a problem and suggest what they can do off of that. 

 

 

In conclusion, you guys are spinning my comments into something that is not. No im not "jealous", "bu.tthurt", or "complaining". I was just highlighting what I thought was a problem and some of you guys either spin it into something that it is not, or don't allow an individual to express their thoughts on a community project. 


I'm not sure you were bringing up a problem? What is the problem you were attempting to discuss? The fact that you didn't like the participants? Or the fact that you didn't approve of how the participants were chosen? Neither of those things are problems. 

 

Yes, it is a forum, and if you are going to openly present your opinion on something, be prepared for others to disagree. There was no PROBLEM to debate. You just didn't like how the participants were chosen. 


 

 

I already stated multiple times on what I thought was the problem, and Scoobycool even highlighted what I thought wasn't right;

 

scoobycool: "You also have to consider how not many people would be interested in watching a bunch of not-as-well-known players compete together (not trying to diss )": I do not agree with that for two reasons. Firstly, an option for people to try out (not getting in by word of mouth) is my opinion a better approach in allowing a more diverse group to join (diverse meaning those that most likely never tried in community events like this). Secondly, the mentality that people won't join because of the people listed (does scoobycool have some sort of public pole that would back up his quote?) because they apparently don't have that "celebrity status" is stupid. This would not encourage others to join future events if they select people that way.

 

I already showed my problem and you choose to selectively read my comments to turn it into something that is not. Sorry, that doesn't fly with me. Please state where I gave the impression that I didn't like the participants. Im friends with two of the participants and I interacted with some in the FB group, so I do see why I would want to hate anyone.

 

Your last part is actually funny.Your disagreement stems from the lack of reading my posts clearly and making assumptions. Im open to anyone disagreeing with me if they actually read what I typed and not spin it in their favor. Oh and I'll quote you on you last part; mbhitman:  "You just didn't like how the participants were chosen". Funny thing is you claim there was no problem and you highlighted exactly what I thought was the only problem.

 

 

 

 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 29 of 70 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2389 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 5, 2013

tack129 wrote:

I wasn't trying to overblow your comments or purposefully attacking you but if you thought I was I'm sorry.

 

Look you're a great player and a nice guy, I don't want to have a falling out over something as silly as this. Lets just forget about it and enjoy the upcoming events.


When I disagree with an individual I don't build any hate towards him or her. So there is no need to apologize to me. I will defend myself when needed and I honestly don't care who that person is, and I don't mind in saying that I was wrong on any part of an arguement. As for the kind words I do appreciate it and I wasn't trying to put others down or be a player hater. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 30 of 70 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes