Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 05/31/2009
Offline
1958 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 3, 2013

scoobycool wrote:
 
 

sQuiiDx wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Meh. Clearly this was hand picked. GL though. 


Honest question. Do you only mention this because you weren't picked? Not trying to be a **bleep**, just looking for a real answer. 


I wouldn't be surprised, I'd be kind of (can't find the right word.. annoyed?) if I wasn't picked as well.

Especially if the Olympics was announced with all of the players already selected. Being honest

 

Drake just asked me as a joke to start with, seeing that I represented "Texas". I told him it would be awesome and I appreciated it. I mean honestly most of the things started in this community are formed through "friendships". I never look at a situation and think "Why wasn't I picked?" Hey, Naughty Dog never asked triple and I to come on their podcast....

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 11 of 70 (357 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 11/01/2011
Offline
620 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 3, 2013

 y u no select me for Connecticut.

 

Message 12 of 70 (347 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
1957 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Meh. Clearly this was hand picked. GL though. 


Honest question. Do you only mention this because you weren't picked? Not trying to be a **bleep**, just looking for a real answer. 


Nope. I mentioned this because it would have been a good idea to give people the option to volunteer. 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 13 of 70 (329 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
1957 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

tack129 wrote:

These were people picked from both the forums and the Uncharted Community Facebook Group.

DrakeShepard wasn't the only one to handpick the competitors, the competitors themselves suggested and asked other people. Don't be too harsh on him. He did a good job in terms of organising this and everyone whom participated had fun.


Umm ok? I did not question who these individuals are (in terms of where they comment and contribute) 

 

Please state where I was being harsh.

 

As for this tournament, it is obvious he worked hard on it and it will probably turn out great (just like the other olympic u3 games that I liked and showed that. You could check  out my response, it's in the thread). Im friends with Drakeshepard on my FB so I hope he knows im not attacking him, and I didn't mean to sound "**bleep**" or anything. I did like his soccer themed tournament that is coming up, and I will gladly watch it.

 

As for the second highlighted part that's exactly what it means to be hand picked and that was my only problem. It would have been great if he (or others) announced that people can have the option to join or try out for this (I certainly would because it actually looks fun!). Im not "**bleep**" or being harsh im just pointing out a problem. 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 14 of 70 (324 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
1957 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 3, 2013

scoobycool wrote:
 
 

sQuiiDx wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Meh. Clearly this was hand picked. GL though. 


Honest question. Do you only mention this because you weren't picked? Not trying to be a **bleep**, just looking for a real answer. 


I wouldn't be surprised, I'd be kind of (can't find the right word.. annoyed?) if I wasn't picked as well.

Especially if the Olympics was announced with all of the players already selected. Being honest

 

LOLOL wow I wasn't annoyed or felt as if I were left out. I already showed my problem (a little one) and some of you blow it out of proportion. 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 15 of 70 (316 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/16/2011
Offline
1161 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 3, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

tack129 wrote:

These were people picked from both the forums and the Uncharted Community Facebook Group.

DrakeShepard wasn't the only one to handpick the competitors, the competitors themselves suggested and asked other people. Don't be too harsh on him. He did a good job in terms of organising this and everyone whom participated had fun.


Umm ok? I did not question who these individuals are (in terms of where they comment and contribute) 

 

Please state where I was being harsh? As for this tournament, it is obvious he worked hard on it and it will probably turn out great (just like the other olympic u3 games that I liked and showed that. You could check  out my response, it's in the thread). Im friends with Drakeshepard on my FB so I hope he knows im not attacking him, and I didn't mean to sound "**bleep**" or anything. I did like his soccer themed tournament that is coming up, and I will gladely watch it.

 

As for the second highlighted part that's exactly want it means to be hand picked and that was my only problem. It would have been great if he (or others) announced that people can have the option to join or try out for this (I certainly would because it actually looks fun!). Im not "**bleep**" or being harsh im just pointing out a problem. 


hey man who knows I might do a Summer Olympics depending on how awesome The Last Of Us is first....if you want to have 'Fun' like you said, then I strongly recommend you join the FunCharted Cup :smileywink:

Message 16 of 70 (315 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
1957 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 3, 2013

scoobycool wrote:

You also have to consider how not many people would be interested in watching a bunch of not-as-well-known players compete together (not trying to diss :smileytongue:)


*sorry for the multiple posts*

 

Whats the point of making a community project to only select a few because of their supposed "celebrity status"? Lol thanks for the laugh scooby!

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 17 of 70 (314 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 3, 2013

darksharkpt wrote:

loool, same "list friends" in this olympics, this will be worst than ever.


Negative nancy much? Are you jealous or what?!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 18 of 70 (296 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
1957 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

Jan 3, 2013

DrakeShepard wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

tack129 wrote:

These were people picked from both the forums and the Uncharted Community Facebook Group.

DrakeShepard wasn't the only one to handpick the competitors, the competitors themselves suggested and asked other people. Don't be too harsh on him. He did a good job in terms of organising this and everyone whom participated had fun.


Umm ok? I did not question who these individuals are (in terms of where they comment and contribute) 

 

Please state where I was being harsh? As for this tournament, it is obvious he worked hard on it and it will probably turn out great (just like the other olympic u3 games that I liked and showed that. You could check  out my response, it's in the thread). Im friends with Drakeshepard on my FB so I hope he knows im not attacking him, and I didn't mean to sound "**bleep**" or anything. I did like his soccer themed tournament that is coming up, and I will gladely watch it.

 

As for the second highlighted part that's exactly want it means to be hand picked and that was my only problem. It would have been great if he (or others) announced that people can have the option to join or try out for this (I certainly would because it actually looks fun!). Im not "**bleep**" or being harsh im just pointing out a problem. 


hey man who knows I might do a Summer Olympics depending on how awesome The Last Of Us is first....if you want to have 'Fun' like you said, then I strongly recommend you join the FunCharted Cup :smileywink:


Yeah my casual clan was about to join the Funcharted cup but inactvity and conflicting times made it impossible for us to join :smileysad:

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 19 of 70 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/07/2010
Offline
1674 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013
 
 

wais_45 wrote:

scoobycool wrote:

You also have to consider how not many people would be interested in watching a bunch of not-as-well-known players compete together (not trying to diss :smileytongue:)


*sorry for the multiple posts*

 

Whats the point of making a community project to only select a few because of their supposed "celebrity status"? Lol thanks for the laugh scooby!


Yw. I love making people laugh, even if I didn't intend to at all :smileyhappy:

 

Your above post makes it seem as if you are somewhat jealous.

 
 
Message 20 of 70 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes