Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics 2013 - IT'S OUT!!!

Feb 13, 2013

Icarus_prime wrote:

So who won the overall Winter Olympics?

Canada won the 2012 winter olympics Smiley Very Happy ... oh you mean the uncharted winter olympics? Smiley Happy ...

Message 61 of 70 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:
     I'm a twitter noob

twittter noob? lol you have 300 tweets, i'm the twitter noob, i only have 13 Smiley Tongue

Message 62 of 70 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Okay I couldn't delete my above post for some reason. or even add text to it....

So I'm going to be honest, some may not like it, actually most probably wont but it's not like I'm going to dance around any issues I saw here.

Editing:

All done relatively well, very solid effort, bit confused why the previous record holders were not acknowledged in some way though. Plunder event was done excellently.

New events:

Some worked really well, some actually didn't. but A+ for effort and I bet these events worked a million times before a lot better than that did. Can't really do much with something when it's being done for real. So it's hard to criticize for that.

Okay.. Now.. Take this as you will, it's actually meant constructively.

Commentary:

The intro sounded great, it was an intro to the event you don't expect much from this really just a little get to know the commentators style thing which was done perfectly.

Then the events started. If I was blind I'd be relying on the commentators to describe the action (Okay if I was blind I wouldn't be a gamer either most likely) but that isn't really the point.

The commentary did little to describe the action and spent more time discussing various topics such as triplewreck losing and other stuff that was completely irrelevant to the action on screen.

The best parts of the commentary were when nods were given to the in game action which was very infrequent and must have happened for a total of possibly one minute in a 20+ minute video.

I don't know if someone wrote a script, it didn't sound like it, it sounded like total rushed improvisation of some sort and totally did not work.

Apologies if it sounds really harsh or critical, I just couldn't stop thinking if they were commentating on an NFL game or something, if there was a touchdown, I'd probably never know as some other ulterior discussion was seemingly more important to the in game action which wasn't really being called.

Overall though apart from that and some minor issues, it was a good effort but could have been great with more time spent on commentary or maybe less of the fame on commentary and someone who can do it correctly.. Hell maybe they can do it correctly and they weren't given enough time... It just didn't sound right I'm afraid.

Message 63 of 70 (360 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I'm very happy to hear opinions, they could be considered if something like this were done again Smiley Wink
Message 64 of 70 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 14, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
     I'm a twitter noob

twittter noob? lol you have 300 tweets, i'm the twitter noob, i only have 13 Smiley Tongue

I've made my account a few years ago and posted more tweets than you 2 combined!!

https://twitter.com/AliMakaveli

Message 65 of 70 (345 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

DrakeShepard wrote:
I'm very happy to hear opinions, they could be considered if something like this were done again Smiley Wink

That's okay then, I don't really want to offend people. I just want to be honest with how I feel, I'm in the middle of a prototype gaming related show and I kinda would want people to tell me if something isn't right.

I appreaciate the effort that went into it though, it was just those highlighted parts that caused some issues, If I was to grade it I'd give it 82%

While I'd give the summer one 95%

Still. A great effort, it's still a pretty well executed bit of programming, just could be on the same level with a little bit of graphical and commentry changes Smiley Happy

and pfft at people ragging on my twitter. Smiley Tongue I know I need to be there more often so I'll get followers, I'm lazy though. Smiley Very Happy

Message 66 of 70 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Rushed video, cheesy voice acting, lame commentary, handpicked contestants on a payroll, etc.

Will that do for constructive criticism? Smiley Wink

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 67 of 70 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Rushed video, cheesy voice acting, lame commentary, handpicked contestants on a payroll, etc.

At least they are not being paid by anyone, so we can cut them some slack.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 68 of 70 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5270 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

I didn't get paid Smiley Sad

Message 69 of 70 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Go back a few pages, you will see the message I left regarding the 'hand picked' bull.

Anyway, I'd like to add a bit to the commentary thing. I kind of agree with the critisism. I wasn't sure about the route they took with the commentary, it did feel like a conversation over skype. But it was funny for the most part, I just think it's a case of getting the balance between the comedy **bleep** chat and actual action commentary. But honestly well done to them! They did a good job of making me laugh. XP

Message 70 of 70 (204 Views)