Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics - Out In Late January

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

This is a response to Tack129, TheStuntDouble, and mbhitman

I don't know why some of you are taking my comment and turning it into something else off of assumptions. By your posts it seems like you guys forgot what a forum is so I'll define it for you; forum: "A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged". Guess what I did guys? I did just that. 

I was merely judging what was put forth and I get attacked with baseless assumptions. I know its "their project' and they worked on the project on "their" time, but they posted it here, a forum so im going to voice my opinion on something whether it is little or big, positive or not. 

As for mbhitman I was not complaining I voiced my opinion on what they presented here. Judging by you last sentence I take it your blowing my comments out of proportion. I have no right to dictate what they can and cannot do for their project, but I can bring up a problem and suggest what they can do off of that. 

As for TheStuntDouble who said I didn't like it? "Meh" was not showing my dislike towards this project. Again it shows that people like to play scrabble with my words and cannot actually read clearly on what I posted.

In conclusion, you guys are spinning my comments into something that is not. No im not "jealous", "bu.tthurt", or "complaining". I was just highlighting what I thought was a problem and some of you guys either spin it into something that it is not, or don't allow an individual to express their thoughts on a community project. 

And suddenly my comment was addressed to you? Man, so defensive.

EDIT: Please don't drag me into any **bleep** you guys could possibly think of to further increase Internet "toughness". I just stated my opinion, no need to go ape**bleep** over it.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 31 of 70 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1162 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Can we end this argument please, this is a fun project seriously it doesn't need to be debated on. I chose these people because, I was picking people in November and it was Winter, I wanted it done out of the way quickly as I knew the after project will take some time and it would be well over winter if I selected random people. Normally I would offer the people a chance to participate but I was caught for time. This whole 'fame/well-known players' isn't entirely true. The people I originally selected were scoobycool, tripleWRECK, squid and ryumitch. After that they helped me find people, some people rejected such as Southpaw and hihi, some people accepted. It wasn't all hand-picked, anyone could have been suggested to me.
If I ever do plan doing another event like this, I'll definately post up sign-ups here and on Facebook
Message 32 of 70 (359 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Jan 5, 2013

DrakeShepard wrote:
Can we end this argument please, this is a fun project seriously it doesn't need to be debated on. I chose these people because, I was picking people in November and it was Winter, I wanted it done out of the way quickly as I knew the after project will take some time and it would be well over winter if I selected random people. Normally I would offer the people a chance to participate but I was caught for time. This whole 'fame/well-known players' isn't entirely true. The people I originally selected were scoobycool, tripleWRECK, squid and ryumitch. After that they helped me find people, some people rejected such as Southpaw and hihi, some people accepted. It wasn't all hand-picked, anyone could have been suggested to me.
If I ever do plan doing another event like this, I'll definately post up sign-ups here and on Facebook

Don't worry. I don't question your choices. I'm just saying I'm not excited about this. I mean, obviously some are, but I don't hold anything against them.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 33 of 70 (349 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

I'm going to leave a comment that should hopefully answer this nonsense.

Firstly, Drake did hand pick a few of the people, I was one of the first 6 to be picked I think. I suggested Repliica and Tack to him from what I can remember. It was a joint effort in getting competitors who were both reliable and known for helping in the community.

It sounds harsh, but I think more people will watch if the people competing are known. If Drake did post something on the forums for people to join, Imagine the controversy. People would complain because their country was already being represented and it would end up being a huge mess. Keeping it under wraps was a wise desicion. He needed people that were reliable and would make each event, not some kid who can't make it, for some reason like "I have to get something to eat". Trust me, thats the kind of things that happen.

Now, I want you to look at the competitors, these people are known from all areas of the community. The forum, facebook, and youtube. Looking at the competitors from Youtube in particular. These guys are HELPING to make the video. Drakeshepard isn't primarily a video editor, but the people he picked are, and they are doing a fantastic job putting it together. If this was a bunch of 'Random' guys who won their spot, wuld they be able to help with video editing? I know that TripleWRECK, Rockshow, Babypowder have been working hard on this video. Myself and Stentryk have also been doing some work here and there, and Everybody competing has helped out in some other ways.

Had this been a 'join the olympics!' style thread based application, not only would we have a huge mess, everybody would have known about this happening back in september. The idea was to keep it under wraps so the announcement could be a nice surprise for the community. This video is made for the community to enjoy. The competitors aren't just competitors, they are willing people ready to lend a helping hand.

We thoroughly enjoyed making the events, and we hope the community enjoy's watching too.

Message 34 of 70 (344 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1162 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Winter Olympics 2013 - IT'S OUT!!!

Feb 12, 2013

its out Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 70 (237 Views)
Sackboy
608 posts

Feb 12, 2013

No North Korea? Racist Americans. 

Message 36 of 70 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1162 posts

Feb 12, 2013

euanm11 wrote:

No North Korea? Racist Americans. 

I'm Irish...just before you start on a racist rant

Message 37 of 70 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Would be nice if i could support my home country of Australia. -_-

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 38 of 70 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Say that to the IRA.
Message 39 of 70 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1162 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Would be nice if i could support my home country of Australia. -_-

Australia was in it Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 70 (223 Views)
0 Likes