Jun 12 2012
By: willi_5115 Splicer 78 posts

Uncharted 3 Weapon Guide: AK-47

52 replies 3186 views Edited Jun 12, 2012

UPDATE: Removed "Kickbacks" from the Loadout section.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

• Advantages
  • Disadvantages
  • The Basics
  • Maps
  • Loadout
  • Advanced Use
  • Variants
  • Fun Facts

ADVANTAGES

The AK-47, being the default weapon in the game, has a few mentionable advantages that make this gun a decent weapon to use. It doesn't seem to be the favorite of the game, but it's not a bad choice. First off, I would like to say that the AK has the best accuracy out of all the fully automatic guns in the game. The gun works best at short to medium ranges, but it is quite possible to kill an enemy at long range due to the gun having little recoil. Although barely noticable, the AK-47 has a faster reload speed than most other guns in the game. In additon, the AK-47 is also a pretty good gun to use because it carries more starting ammo than most other guns, carrying 150 rounds without the Max Ammo mod.

• Good accuracy
  • Faster reload speed
  • Carries plenty of ammo

DISADVANTAGES

The AK-47 is known to have a slower rate of fire than most other guns, which makes it slightly slower to kill an enemy. Although not much of a problem, an enemy using an M9 could possibly eliminate the player using the AK-47 faster. Also, the AK-47's blindfire accuracy isn't terrible but yet not great, making it not the best idea to blindfire, even at a closer range. The AK-47, with not many disadvantages, makes it an all around decent gun to use, especially for new players to the game.

• Slow rate of fire
  • Mediocre blindfire accuracy

THE BASICS

The AK-47, being the first weapon to unlock besides the G-MAL, is probably the easiest gun to use for new players to the game. Using the AK-47 can be tough at times if firing against an enemy G-MAL or M9, but is still effective. That being said, take plenty of cover while in gun battles with the AK, because again, if you are facing an enemy M9, for example, it is more likely for you to be killed. Also, if there is no cover available, try to aim for the head as best as possible. Although this may not work at long range, aiming for the head, especially with this gun gives you a better chance to kill the enemy. It is also a good idea to use the roll feature at close combat situations if you are being fired at. If you are taking a lot of damage, I suggest you throw a grenade and run, then, if the enemy isn't killed, there is a chance that the enemy has taken damage. Therefore it would be a good idea to fire after the enemy has taken damage. If you don't feel confident with the AK, try to only take out enemies with a team.

Tips

• Try to aim for the head.
  • Take cover, and roll.
  • When taking damage, fire, throw a grenade, then fire some more.
  • Team up, because the AK's slower fire rate can be a disadvantage to you against players with guns with faster fire rates.
  • Try not to camp with this gun. The AK is meant for running around and taking out enemies.

MAPS

Even though a short to medium range gun, the AK can potentially be good on larger maps, but it is suggested that you use this gun on smaller maps, especially those maps that have those certain spots where everyone goes to camp. Here are the suggested maps for the AK-47:

• Desert Village-            Although a close range map, the AK can be decent on this map if you take plenty of cover.
  • Molten Ruins-           Since the AK-47 is best at medium range, Molten Ruins is a great map. If using the AK-47 on this map, try to stay near the ground, outside of the building, in one seperate corner to take out as many enemies as possible.
  • Facility-                   Many enemies camp in the Facility, so, try to take plenty of cover behind the barricades and fire at anyone who comes nearby, but, watch out for enemies climbing the vehicle or coming up the stairs.
  • London Underground-         Try staying inside the building where everybody tends to run to. Take cover behind the crates, and take out enemies as they climb up. Be sure to check the staircase for any enemies.
  • Chateau-         Try to stay inside the building and eliminate any enemies who enter. But, try to do this with one or two teammates, considering more than one enemy tends to flow inside.

LOADOUT

The AK-47 is a fully automatic gun. That being said, almost anything will work with the AK-47. So, it doesn't really matter what booste  or paid booster you select for your AK loadout, although, what you choose for the mods and pistol does matter.

Pistol

The best pistol to use with the AK-47 would probably be the Para 9. Why? Because if you are climbing, and if you see an enemy, you can accurately fire at and kill him. Although the Para 9 is somewhat weak, the gun is especially good while climbing and eliminating enemies. The Arm Micro and Raffica Pistol are also decent pistols to use; the Arm Micro in case you run out of ammo and for close range, and the Raffica for climbing and firing, because of its accuracy.

Mods

The mods are extremely important with the AK-47, and almost any mod will work great with this gun. But, the best mods to use on the AK-47 would probably be Accuracy, Scope Zoom, Blindfire Accuracy, or Clip Size. If you want to take out targets better especially at longer ranges, than Accuracy or Scope Zoom is the best mod. Since the AK-47's blindfire capabilities are limited, Blindfire Accuracy is also a good choice. And for taking out several enemies in one clip, Clip Size should do the trick.

Reload Speed is useless because the gun reloads fast enough anyways, Call Out isn't worth it because the AK generally is used for short to medium ranges, so it is unlikely to lose sight of the enemy. And Max Ammo is also pointless, considering the AK already standardly comes with 150 rounds.

Boosters

Any booster should work fine with the AK-47.

Paid Booster

Any paid booster, especially Explosive Expert.

ADVANCED USE

Since the AK-47 is fully automatic and accurate, advanced players with the AK should move around the map more than starting AK-47 users. This way, your confidence with the gun is greater, which enables you to potentially take out more enemies efficiently.

VARIANTS

Jade AK-      Reach Rank 65 to unlock. Blindfire Accuracy and Max Ammo.

Eddy's AK-     Complete the Alexandria Legendary treasure set to unlock. Scope Zoom, Call Out, and Clip Size

Drake's AK-       Complete the End of Death Legendary treasure set to unlock. Reload Speed and Blindfire Accuracy.

Navarro's AK-      Complete the Mortician's Curse Legendary treasure set to unlock. Max Ammo and Reload Speed

FUN FACTS

• The gun's firing sound is different in all three games
  • The AK is one of six weapons to appear in all three games
  • A rate of fire mod could be attached in Uncharted 3 Beta, but it was removed from the final game.
  • The recoil of the gun was reduced by 10% in Patch 1.09

Add me on PSN: DBL_B_511
Message 17 of 53 (3,186 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Weapon Guide: AK-47

Jun 11, 2012

Nicely Dne, I switch this out when I'm not messing around trying to aim a Kal-7 and Usually stick to this gun when i'm with a group of friends. Fun gun, fun times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_____ I'm a Talbot user through and through. IF there was a way to select Talbot as a hero in MP matches then I would be the first guy ready to sign the petition towards it. He is the most interesting character out of both the Villians AND the Heroes and therefore the best thing Naughty Dog has come up with since the start of the franchise. He's tactical, he's strategic, he get's in your face, He's the fkkn "Magician."

The best part of campaign mode as I'm sure you're all aware of was definitely the Talbot chase through the city. I will lvl Endurance and use Speedy-G... JUST to help re-create the experience for all members of the OPPOSING team since we all know the best part of the Campaign mode was by far that scene and I know deep down you all want to chase Talbot once again to help relive the memory Smiley Very Happy _____
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2003422280.png
Message 1 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Nice to see this kind of thing.  Thanks, and keep 'em coming.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Okay I plan on making ones for the KAL-7, Dragon Sniper, M9, and FAL-SS. Thanks for the feedback!

Message 3 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

Jun 12, 2012

willi_5115 wrote:

Okay I plan on making ones for the KAL-7, Dragon Sniper, M9, and FAL-SS. Thanks for the feedback!

3 things

1. There is already one for the dragon sniper - http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4696439

2. These are good so far, some slight problems here and there but very minor. (like how there is no point in mentioning kickbacks if they have nothing to do with the guide since you are talking about how to use a weapon).

3. Instead of making a different thread for every single guide you should have just made one thread/tome for all of them.

Nice so far, so keep it up if you plan to do the other guns.

0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Hey Will, is it possible for you and I to team up and make a tome? I have been wanting to do something like this for a while. I would like to make some more and possibly edit yours. PM me/relpy if you are interested. Keep it up. By the way, I think the 2 of us could make a better Sniper guide than the current one.

Message 5 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Sounds cool... But what is a tome?

Message 6 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I feel the Ak w/accuracy is excellent on every map except Syria, Museum, and Oasis. Without the accuracy mod I just stay away.

Message 7 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Jun 12, 2012

A tome is a large collection of information. It would be useful to have all of the weapon info in one spot rather than spread across multiple posts. I look forward to working with you!

Message 8 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4363 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I wanna use AK more, but it's too bad that many maps doesn't offer AK quite much advantages than other guns. Personally, in TDM, 3TDM, FFA, or Hardcore, I use AK in...

Chateau

Desert Village

London Streets

However, I use AK in Team Objective regardless of the map since the mode encourages many close combat. Any automatic weapon can work effective in Team Objective.

I use Tau Sniper with AK for long-range attack. Para is too mainstream for me.

Equiping Fleet Foot would make me more comfortable with AK against opponents than other boosters. Maybe it's just stafing faster.

Question: I heard that AK has the least aim assist of all guns. Is that true?

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 53 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes