Jul 26 2012
By: MaerynAyuthay First Son 7 posts

Uncharted 3 Suggestions

[ Edited ]
13 replies 228 views Edited Jul 26, 2012

With all of this talk and hype over the new patch coming out and all of the new things that are going into the game, I couldn't help but come on here and discuss what I believe Naughty Dog should do with their multiplayer. Keep in mind that these suggestions are not complaints about gameplay bugs or nerfed guns, but additional content that could be released as DLC or in a further patch. I have five fields of suggestion:

The first thing that would be an interesting addition to the game would be the Shambhala Guardians and Spaniard Descendants as playable characters. Ever since Uncharted 2 came out, I can remember how great it would have been to play as those guys in a multiplayer match, considering they never appeared in the co-op otherwise. I guess the only troublesome part of adding these characters would be determining which side they would be on. They aren't necessarily heroes or villains, they're just wild beasts.

The second thing I think would be a good addition to the game would be further customization options for the skeleton skins. Being able to give the bald skeletal skins hair or maybe silly devil horns wouldn't be too far off, considering there are cat ears and a helmet that looks like it was taken straight from Team Fortress 2. For Skelzor, I thought being able to change the glow color of the eyes would be a fine addition. Green bones and green eye glow to bring back Glowzor enthusiasts, and so on.

The third thing I want to touch base on is the depressing lack of emblems. When I played through the campaign, I remember some pretty cool symbols such as the Unicursal Hexagram (During the Syrian mission, denoted by "As Above, So Below") and the Monas Hieroglyphica, the symbol that John Dee used on his altar among some treasures that you find. Although the emblem creator is sadly lacking in alternative customization options where other games excel at it (ex: Call of Duty: Black Ops), I do believe that adding the option to move the Parts around your emblem anywhere on the available plane would be a good pacifier for people who demand a little more customization.

The fourth topic I want to discuss is the treasure drop system. I have talked to a lot of people who have gotten all the treasures, and a lot of people who strugggle getting them. Personally, I believe that getting the same treasure over and over is a necessary part of the challenge of treasure hunting, but I do wish there was something you could do with the extra treasures you receive. One possible way you could use repeated treasures is to sell them in a special in-game store where you can get a certain amount of money for the treasure, depending on rarity. I'm sure you guys can think of other ways to make every treasure you receive worth something.

The final suggestion I want to bring up has to do with Naughty Dog itself. I know several people have talked about this before, but I just want to reiterate their message. I believe that Naughty Dog could be more active with their game. Everyone remembers the fun things they did on Uncharted 2 for holidays and special events and their cash multipliers/unique skins. I believe that they could have double cash, double XP, better treasure drop, special taunts, special skins, or virtually anything else for these holidays or special occasions. Partially why I liked the events was because it showed that Naughty Dog enjoyed their own game and wanted to make their fans happy. When a development team is so happy with their game that they add special things in for special occasions, it lets their fans know that they truly do care about the game they make. If the developers are having fun, so are we, and that's why we loved Uncharted 2. Let's do it again with Uncharted 3!

Message 1 of 14 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Suggestions

Jul 26, 2012
Great ideas, I Was thinking the same thing for the treasures. Another treasure idea could be a trading system where you can trade duplicates with other players to get what you need. I also like the idea of having shambalan warriors and the spaniards as skins, I've actually made a few posts about those skins Smiley Happy overall great list. Maybe adding more Co-Op adventure levels would be a great way to improve the co-op experience.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 14 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Jul 26, 2012
Great thread!!!
Message 3 of 14 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Adding more Co-op levels would be a good addition. However, I feel a little uneasy about the idea to trade duplicate treasures. You could get all the good stuff without really working for it if you had friends in high places. I'm not saying the idea is bad, but maybe they could implement that system with some restrictions. Treasure hunting shouldn't be too easy!

Message 4 of 14 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jul 26, 2012
I agree with everything. Only thing is, Eric sadly announced there will be no special skins for events Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 14 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Jul 26, 2012

MaerynAyuthay wrote:

With all of this talk and hype over the new patch coming out and all of the new things that are going into the game, I couldn't help but come on here and discuss what I believe Naughty Dog should do with their multiplayer. Keep in mind that these suggestions are not complaints about gameplay bugs or nerfed guns, but additional content that could be released as DLC or in a further patch. I have five fields of suggestion:

The first thing that would be an interesting addition to the game would be the Shambhala Guardians and Spaniard Descendants as playable characters. Ever since Uncharted 2 came out, I can remember how great it would have been to play as those guys in a multiplayer match, considering they never appeared in the co-op otherwise. I guess the only troublesome part of adding these characters would be determining which side they would be on. They aren't necessarily heroes or villains, they're just wild beasts.

The second thing I think would be a good addition to the game would be further customization options for the skeleton skins. Being able to give the bald skeletal skins hair or maybe silly devil horns wouldn't be too far off, considering there are cat ears and a helmet that looks like it was taken straight from Team Fortress 2. For Skelzor, I thought being able to change the glow color of the eyes would be a fine addition. Green bones and green eye glow to bring back Glowzor enthusiasts, and so on.

The third thing I want to touch base on is the depressing lack of emblems. When I played through the campaign, I remember some pretty cool symbols such as the Unicursal Hexagram (During the Syrian mission, denoted by "As Above, So Below") and the Monas Hieroglyphica, the symbol that John Dee used on his altar among some treasures that you find. Although the emblem creator is sadly lacking in alternative customization options where other games excel at it (ex: Call of Duty: Black Ops), I do believe that adding the option to move the Parts around your emblem anywhere on the available plane would be a good pacifier for people who demand a little more customization.

The fourth topic I want to discuss is the treasure drop system. I have talked to a lot of people who have gotten all the treasures, and a lot of people who strugggle getting them. Personally, I believe that getting the same treasure over and over is a necessary part of the challenge of treasure hunting, but I do wish there was something you could do with the extra treasures you receive. One possible way you could use repeated treasures is to sell them in a special in-game store where you can get a certain amount of money for the treasure, depending on rarity. I'm sure you guys can think of other ways to make every treasure you receive worth something.

The final suggestion I want to bring up has to do with Naughty Dog itself. I know several people have talked about this before, but I just want to reiterate their message. I believe that Naughty Dog could be more active with their game. Everyone remembers the fun things they did on Uncharted 2 for holidays and special events and their cash multipliers/unique skins. I believe that they could have double cash, double XP, better treasure drop, special taunts, special skins, or virtually anything else for these holidays or special occasions. Partially why I liked the events was because it showed that Naughty Dog enjoyed their own game and wanted to make their fans happy. When a development team is so happy with their game that they add special things in for special occasions, it lets their fans know that they truly do care about the game they make. If the developers are having fun, so are we, and that's why we loved Uncharted 2. Let's do it again with Uncharted 3!

I like the Guardians/Decendants idea but this idea has been posted many times.

More customization is coming already so I would first see what that is before asking for new already.

I agree there are not that many useful emblem parts. But again there may come more in the next patch with the customization update.

This idea is good for new players but it's useless for higher levels. I have 14M cash right now that I can't spent on anything but paid boosters. and there is a new system to get the treasures a little faster coming.

Naughty Dog already said to do events. But events without special skins this time. Again I see no reason for a double XP event since its too easy to get max level already. even with 2 new legacies you still are max level pretty quick. unless they release level 76-100 then it might be useful.

Message 6 of 14 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Great ideas Mae. Their has been a COUPLE threads about the guardians. I think it's a great idea

Message 7 of 14 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2012

All of those are valid points you made, but even though you don't necessarily need the money now, after the new legacies come in, I think you will need it then. If what people are saying is true, then getting from the last legacy (76) to level 100 is going to take quite a lot more effort than the combined total of all the previous legacies.

Message 8 of 14 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Jul 26, 2012

I don't think the guardians would be a good idea. Maybe a Djinn head for your custom hero/villian that would light their head on red or blue fire.

Message 9 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jul 26, 2012

No. The guardians sound great. We need more than custom hero, and villain skins. 

Message 10 of 14 (122 Views)
0 Likes