Jan 01 2013
By: DynasonichartZ First Son 12 posts

Uncharted 3 | Platinum Boosters Idea

[ Edited ]
49 replies 523 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

Hello everyone. Though this is my first thread, I want to show some idea about the boosters, the platinum booster. I actually didn't want ND to put this to the game, but I just want to show what I thinking about it. It is just ENTERTAIN list, to let people enjoy my list (I wish so).

Here's my idea about Level 4 booster:

Slot 1:

Come Here: You can see the opponent within unlimited distance and his/her player arrow change to red-violet when he/she is marked man, worth 5 scores if you kill him/her. Requires 75 Retaliation Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Endurance: The sprint duration is increased significantly and the speed movement during sprint is faster. Requires 25 Sunday Stroll and 15 Marathon Runner Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Beast Mode: The speed you move with heavy objects is increased very significantly and you can carry PAK-80 on your back. (Speed remains the same as you carry it with hand.) Requires 60 Capture Medals to upgrade from Level 3.

Let Me See: The duration for which you see opponents is increased very significantly and if you get "Unlucky" medal, you can see the opponents for a entire match. Requires 75 Avenger Medals to upgrade from Level 3.

Scoped In: The effects of Level 3 and the recoil of your weapon is reduced by 25%. Requires 40 The Long Ranger Medals to upgrade from Level 3.

Cloaked: The effects of Level 3, the time to finish stealth animation become faster by 50%, and you will never be a marked man. (Won't work if everyone on the team have Cloaked Level 4.) Requires 25 Assassin Medals to upgrade from Level 3.

Regeneration: Recovery speed is increased very significantly and time to finish knocked down animation become faster by 50%. Requires 50 Lucky... Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Fleet Foot: The speed you move while aiming is increased very significantly and *the explosive won't knock you down while aiming. Requires 50 Commando Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Explosive Shell Expert: The effects of Level 3 and radius of both RPG-7 and M32-Hammer's explosive become larger by 25%. Requires 25 Fire In The Hole Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Explosive Expert: The effects of Level 3,spawn with two grenades every times, and spawn with three grenades when killed by a grenade. Requires 40 Frag 'Em Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Weapon Expert: The effects of Level 3, and you will never drop your weapon when you are killed, if your weapon is power weapon, you will spawn with that power weapon. Requires 40 Gunslinger and 15 Triple Threat Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Slot 2:

Power Hunter: You can see the Power Weapons within unlimited distance and you can see what Power Weapons opponent are carrying. Requires 35 Power Killer Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Daredevil: You will receive an ammo and a grenade regardless of your max ammo and grenade slot. Requires 25 In Your Face Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Kickback Endurance: The amount of time added is increased very significantly and the time will reset if you can't kill anyone with the kickback. (Work only with timed kickback) Requires 40 Three Kickback King to upgrade it from Level 3.

Monkey Man: Climb speed is increased very significantly and *the explosive won't knock you down while climbing. Requires 40 Pull Down Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Treasure Hunter: The chance that opponents will drop a treasure is increased very significantly and you will receive a treasures every times you pick up a Chest. Requires 25 Acquisitions Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Deposit: The money earn from Medals and Chests are doubled. Requires 25 Expansionist Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Back In The Saddle: Respawn time reduced by 5 seconds and you will respawn immediately if you killed yourself or your teammate killed you. Requires 60 Three Medal Pickup Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Ammo Award: The ammo you receive is increased very significantly. (two clips) Requires 15 Streak Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Revenge: The effects of Level 3, the grenade will explode larger and quickier, and it can't be thrown back if your grenade is kickback grenade. (Trolololol) Requires 50 Afterlife to upgrade it from Level 3.

Bargain: Your Medal Kickback will glow no color. Requires 50 Three Kickback King Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

Team Safe: The effect of Level 3, and if your teammate killed you, that person will get punish (Suicide) and then you will never be damaged by your teammates explosive for entire match. Requires 75 High Five Medals to upgrade it from Level 3.

* = Edit Later

If you don't know what effects of level 1-3 are for each boosters, go to following link: http://uncharted.wikia.com/wiki/Boosters_(Uncharted_3:_Drake%27s_Deception)

Message 1 of 50 (523 Views)
Wastelander
622 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 | Platinum Boosters Idea

Jan 1, 2013

untitle.JPG

Message 2 of 50 (499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 1, 2013

BurstLimitKL wrote:

untitle.JPG

No what? Not agree with the effects, or not agree to put to the game? or what?

Message 3 of 50 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Jan 1, 2013

To be quite honest, I never liked upgradeable boosters due to my experience with upgradeable perks in CoD. I prefer boosters with one absolute effect. It makes it easier to balance, promotes equity between players old and new, and does not promote grinding for medals.

Message 4 of 50 (473 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 1, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

To be quite honest, I never liked upgradeable boosters due to my experience with upgradeable perks in CoD. I prefer boosters with one absolute effect. It makes it easier to balance, promotes equity between players old and new, and does not promote grinding for medals.

^ Agreed. It only promotes grinding/boosting/farming.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 50 (466 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 1, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

I myself agree too, but this is just... a entertain list. To let people enjoy my idea (I wish so). As I say at the first time, I don't want ND to put this.

Message 6 of 50 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Jan 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

For example, I will use myself since I have been trying to grind for assassin medals for Cloaked Lv3. I play Plunder to get these medals since Plunder takes 20 mins to play so I have plenty of time to get stealth kills. However, I get frustrated because I am not playing the objective and pretty much a useless member of my team. This is happens because of upgradeable boosters and should not be further implemented. Hell, CoD:BLOPS2 stopped using the system of upgradeable perks and I think Uncharted 4 should follow in the same idea. No Upgradeable boosters whatsoever.

Message 7 of 50 (452 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Jan 1, 2013

DynasonichartZ wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

I myself agree too, but this is just... a entertain list. To let people enjoy my idea (I wish so). As I say at the first time, I don't want ND to put this.

Well, that's fine. But expect people who did not read.

Message 8 of 50 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4335 posts

Jan 1, 2013

This is what happened when we have platinum boosters.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 50 (432 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 1, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

thedeviant105 wrote:

For example, I will use myself since I have been trying to grind for assassin medals for Cloaked Lv3. I play Plunder to get these medals since Plunder takes 20 mins to play so I have plenty of time to get stealth kills. However, I get frustrated because I am not playing the objective and pretty much a useless member of my team. This is happens because of upgradeable boosters and should not be further implemented. Hell, CoD:BLOPS2 stopped using the system of upgradeable perks and I think Uncharted 4 should follow in the same idea. No Upgradeable boosters whatsoever.

Not only is that probably my most missed feature, but also in that horrible game almost everything else can be upgraded. Not the best example if you're concerned about leveling.

As for the platinum boosters....I say no. I mean, all those are too good compared to the small upgrades we get. It's usually  such a small boost on level 2 and level 3 is generally where it needs to be on most boosters.

I think it'd be interesting (but it'd probably ruin the game) if platinum boosters activated when you only had 1 booster selected (not counting the third buddy booster) or even sacrificing both a booster AND a kickback. It'd just be interesting.

Message 10 of 50 (414 Views)
0 Likes