Feb 19 2012
By: growler1234567 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Uncharted 3 PS3 repeatedly crashes at end of Sink or Swim

4 replies 1089 views Edited Feb 19, 2012

I have spent the last few hours trying to get past this level and each time the system crashes at the very end. Having looked through the forums it seems like lots of people are having crash problems with Uncharted 3, but no-one seems to have exactly my issue so far.

I play the whole level through, then when Drake falls through the lift and onto the huge chanderlier the music stops, and half the sound stops playing. I still get gun shot sounds and footsteps, but Drake stops talking and there are no crash sounds or anything like that. When the bad guy (Rameses?) turns up I can't hear what he says. Then I run through the corridor and jump out of the ship marking the end of the level. The next level never loads, and I have to restart the PS3. If I press triangle I get the option to skip the cutscene, but chosing that crashes the PS3 altogether. On top of this my save file is now corrupted, and I have to start the level over again to get the same result.

It's an older (fat) PS3, but it works fine with every other game. I'm convinced it's not a hardware fault, and the disk is in pristine condition.

I've tried hard re-setting the PS3, deleting the game data, deleting saves, playing through without update 1.04, and re-installing update 1.04. I even went back and played through from the begining of Crusin' for a Brusin'. Nothing works.

I'm running the latest version of the PS3 software, and multiplayer etc works fine. I'm playing on normal difficulty.

These crash issues seem to be effecting lots of players, and I'm amazed that Naughty Dog haven't managed to locate, let alone fix it. If this was a PC game I could understand, but it's PS3! There are only two versions, fat and thin, how hard can it be? Apparently very.

Anyone else experiencing the same/similar issues?

Message 1 of 5 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 PS3 repeatedly crashes at end of Sink or Swim

Feb 19, 2012

Load another Blu-Ray game and then try UC3 again.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 5 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Thanks for the tip. I loaded up BF3, played a level, then went back and tried again. Worked no problem, so I guess there's an issue with the BluRay cache or something like that.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 19, 2012

growler1234567 wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I loaded up BF3, played a level, then went back and tried again. Worked no problem, so I guess there's an issue with the BluRay cache or something like that.

Thanks again.

Yeah, the game cache was corrupted and loading another disc-based game clears the cache.

You are welcome! Enjoy the game!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 5 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
523 posts

Feb 19, 2012

Put in another game, take it out, and insert UC3, I'm sure that works because this happened to me before!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 5 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes