Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a music video for Uncharted 3 using in game taunts and to choreograph the best dance moves with you and your crew (2-3 people). You will be given a selection of songs to choose from suited to the task of creating the best UC3 music video possible. As long as you use only UC3 game footage (kills, group taunts, cutscenes, etc.) with one of the listed songs and falls under our forum Rules of Conduct, place your vids below!
To Enter the Contest
- Create an Uncharted 3 music video using taunts/ choreography/ and fancy editing. Your team must be between 2-3 people! This size is due to prize distribution!
- Record your UC3 music video.
- Post it on Youtube and edit your videos needed for length. You may make your video the length of the song, or edit it shorter if desired.
- Reply to this contest thread with your video embedded in your post
- Post your entry in this thread before June 30th, 2013 12:00pm PST and include the PSN handles of you and your teammates
Song List: All of the music has been taken from the Uncharted Series
- Iram of the Pillars
- Uncharted - The Eldorado Megamix
- Reckless Powerplay
- All entries have to follow the forum Rules of Conduct. Entries violating the Rules of Conduct will be removed.
- Only team efforts are allowed, one user per team may upload the contest entry.
- Older videos created before the start of this contest will not be accepted.
- Teams can submit multiple entries.
- You must have a valid United States mailing address attached to your Playstation Network Account---so we can mail you your prize if you win.
- Members from Naughty Dog and Playstation Community Management will judge the contest for 72 hours after it ends on June 30th, 2013 12:00pm PST.
- Winners will be announced on July 3rd 2013 in this thread.
- The first 10 teams to post legitimate contest entries in this thread will be awarded Uncharted 3 stickers.
- 3rd place team will receive Naughty Dog T-shirts and downloadable content for Uncharted 3.
- 2nd place team will be awarded with Naughty Dog T-shirts, downloadable content for Uncharted 3 and autographed The Last of Us™ posters.
- The 1st Place Grand Prizes are Naughty Dog T-shirts, downloadable content for Uncharted 3, autographed The Last of Us™ posters, autographed copies of The Last of Us™ for the Playstation 3, and never been released Eric Scarecrow Drake Pins.
The UNCHARTED™ “Music Video” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the UNCHARTED™ “Music Video” Contest (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 13 or older at time of entry with a valid PlayStation®Network ID (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Entrant must have access to a PlayStation®3 system and have a valid PlayStation Network ID. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter, win or vote. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy., San Mateo, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).
- TIMING: The Promotion begins June 3, 2013 at 12:00PM, Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on June 30, 2013 at 12:00PM PDT (the “Promotion Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Internet access, a valid YouTube account and a valid PlayStation®Network ID (“PSN ID”) are required to enter this Promotion.
a) To enter, during the Promotion Period, log into the forum at http://community.us.playstation.com/ with your Sign-In ID and password. Navigate to “The UNCHARTED™ Music Video Contest” under “Featured Topics”.
b) Find the attachment in the original contest thread which is music from UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (the “Music”) and upload the Music to your computer in mp4 format.
c) Insert or open the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ game.
d) Using Cinema Mode record you and your friend’s characters in-game performing choreography created from taunts (the “Dance”) for no longer than 1½ minutes.
e) Save the recorded Dance on your PS3 system.
f) Transfer the Dance file from your PS3 system to your computer with a USB stick.
g) Using any video editing software at your disposal add the Music to the Dance (combined, hereafter the “Video”). Video should be in mp4 format and no longer than 1½ minutes.
h) Upload your Video to YouTube by logging on to YouTube and clicking on “Upload”.
i) Log into the forum with your Sign-In ID and password. Navigate to “UNCHARTED™ Music Video Contest” (“Thread”) under “Featured Threads”.
j) Embed your Video in the Contest Thread on PlayStation Community Forum http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3
k) Upload the Entry to the Thread.
l) Your Entry must be received by Sponsor by June 30, 2013 at 12:00PM PDT.
- JUDGING: The following factors will be used to judge each Entry by Sponsor’s representatives in the PlayStation Blog forums: 60% Creativity and 40% Humor (“Judging Criteria”). Judging will begin on July 1, 2013 around 12:00PM PDT. Sponsor’s representatives will score each qualifying Entry based on the Judging Criteria. The three (3) entries that receive the highest scores will each win the Grand Prize. The three (3) entries that receive the second highest scores will each win Second Prize. The three entries that receive the third highest scores will each win Third Prize. The next ten highest scoring entries will win Fourth Prize and each will win a Naughty Dog sticker. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Each Entrant competing may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. If an Entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the Entrant resides, then that Entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return an Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules, failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her Entry) within a reasonable time period, as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion, may result in disqualification.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Entry, each Entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: (i) Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Entry in the manner contemplated by Sponsor; and (ii) Entrant has obtained the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Entry to use that person’s name or likeness in the Entry and in the manner contemplated by Sponsor. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to any material submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, and information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry. The sole authorized use of this material is for personal, noncommercial use to create a video with voice over related to the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception game. Distribution, copying, resale, or any other use is prohibited. These materials are provided “as is” without warranties of any kind. SCEA, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, disclaim any warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, and of fitness for a particular purpose. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable laws, SCEA, its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates shall not be liable for any damages including special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or fees or loss arising out of the use or the inability to use these materials. By participating in the Promotion, you accept this limited license.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: A YouTube account and a PlayStation®Network account are required. Entrant may enter as many times as they like but may only win once. Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof, may not include any mention of or reference to any of sponsor’s competitors (including any other manufacturer or distributor of video game hardware, software, and/or peripherals and accessories) and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within a submitted Entry. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
- PRIZES: There will be three (3) Grand Prizes awarded. Each Grand Prize is comprised of a Naughty Dog t-shirt, a The Last of Us™ poster, downloadable content including two 2 decals and a t-shirt for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ and The Last of Us™ games on PlayStation 3 system with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $110.00. There will be three (3) Second Prizes awarded. Each Second Prize is comprised of a Naughty Dog t-shirt, a The Last of Us poster, downloadable content including two 2 decals and a t-shirt for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception game on PS3 system with $45.00 ARV. There will be three (3) Third Prizes awarded. Each Third Prize is comprised of a Naughty Dog t-shirt and downloadable content including two 2 decals and a t-shirt for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception game on PS3 system $35.00 ARV. There will be ten (10) Fourth Prizes awarded. Each Fourth Prize winner will receive one Naughty Dog sticker $2.00 ARV. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
- WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified via the forum’s private messaging on or about July 3, 2013. The potential winning Entrants must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within 5 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification message. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification message within the specified time or the prize notification message is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via message and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 5 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
- INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
- RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted.Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be harassing, detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the UNCHARTED™ “Music Video” Contest, Attn: Brand Marketing, 2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy., San Mateo, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by July 31, 2013.
However, anyone is more than welcome to submit music videos as unofficial entries if you're from out of states!
If someone gets first place, do the other two people that were in the "music video" get the prizes as well?
Yes. The prizes will be awarded to each and all winning teammates.
If someone gets first place, do the other two people that were in the "music video" get the prizes as well?
I was thinking the same thing, then I re-read OP and Stage_Coach definitely says "autographed copies of The Last of Us™ for the Playstation 3". Then again if you want to read into details, they didn't say autographed by whom ("Bill from accounting").
"Team efforts only." Oh God, my weakness.
I wouldn't know how to go about doing this but for the record in case anyone wanted to work with me...I'm available this weekend, probably late Friday night to Sunday afternoon. (6/7-6/9) and then two weeks later...same times (6/21-6/23), otherwise I won't have access to my PS3, for the same reasons I was time limited in the last contest.
I barely played Uncharted 3 (it was my step dad who bought it) so I don't really know how we're supposed to make this video work out...I guess multiplayer mode? Although the videos I see of that are always people in clown masks shooting each other. Or...coop mode? Details, details.