Oct 06 2012
By: black_maze First Son 1 posts

Uncharted 3 Message of the Day Problem

6 replies 278 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

Hi ,

To everyone reading my complain or request,

Dear Friend, 

I have been completely isolated for the past whole month and am not been able to play Uncharted 3 Multiplayer since then.

The problem I have been facing is that when I start the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer there is the Message of the Day displaying which updates us of what's going this weekend. Till now everything works perfect  BUTTTT  the moment I press X button to go to the menu of the Multiplayer the whole PS3 sysytem is stucked and I had to restart it .

There is no problem in playing story mode so obviously no Disc problem ( Not a single scratch).

Secondly every other game which I try to play online like ( Red Dead Redemption, GTA4 , MGS 4 ,etc) it works perfect . There is no error or there is no way I am stucked by playing those games.

I have contacted the PS3 support helpine and they let me restored my file system but nothing worked . 

I had deleted all of my Uncharted 3 : Additional contents (patch 1.14 , DLC's ,Add-ons) and reinstalled them but nothing worked ....

I am in a hell of  a problem so PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD HELP ME OUT. 

Message 1 of 7 (278 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Message of the Day Problem

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

black_maze wrote:

Hi ,

To everyone reading my complain or request,

Dear Friend, 

I have been completely isolated for the past whole month and am not been able to play Uncharted 3 Multiplayer since then.

The problem I have been facing is that when I start the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer there is the Message of the Day displaying which updates us of what's going this weekend. Till now everything works perfect  BUTTTT  the moment I press X button to go to the menu of the Multiplayer the whole PS3 sysytem is stucked and I had to restart it .

There is no problem in playing story mode so obviously no Disc problem ( Not a single scratch).

Secondly every other game which I try to play online like ( Red Dead Redemption, GTA4 , MGS 4 ,etc) it works perfect . There is no error or there is no way I am stucked by playing those games.

I have contacted the PS3 support helpine and they let me restored my file system but nothing worked . 

I had deleted all of my Uncharted 3 : Additional contents (patch 1.14 , DLC's ,Add-ons) and reinstalled them but nothing worked ....

I am in a hell of  a problem so PLEASE IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD HELP ME OUT. 

That seems like a disc problem, if you've deleted the install files (and be really sure you tried that) then it's gotta be your disc, try the deleting game data and such a few times, if that  doesn't work I really don't know what it could be, if everything works fine but the multiplayer it's just my assumption it's the disc, sorry man.

EDIT**

You can maybe try rebuilding the data base, there are tutorials on how to do it and it's a pain from what I've seen, but if you've restored then that may have already done that process but it doesn't hurt to try.

Also regardless of trying to re install the game data thing works out or not, trade in your disc if you can. If the re install doesn't work then you've got nothing to lose, if it does then your disc was probably the problem and you should trade it because it's almost completely faulty.

Message 2 of 7 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
401 posts

Oct 6, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/PS3-keeps-freezing-at-the-Messa... maybe this will help????

I'm always here on the forums... but i rarely post Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
401 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Chrisrocks12345 wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/PS3-keeps-freezing-at-the-Messa... maybe this will help????

just click on solved go to solution, and see if that works! Smiley Happy

I'm always here on the forums... but i rarely post Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Probably a disc problem or if you want to give the other suggested solutions a try, go ahead. I just want to know how you play Metal Gear Solid 4 online considering the servers have been offline for months.

Message 5 of 7 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I had the exact same problem where the game would freeze after I close the Message of the Day. What I did was I restarted my PS3 a couple of times and it fixed it.

Message 6 of 7 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Oct 6, 2012

CaressCarcass wrote:

It's the uncharted TV that's causing you to freeze. Go to LAN there you can turn it off without having to go online, you're going to have to keep doing this everytime you wan to play online or until the options finally decide to save. 

I had the exact same problem. Do that ^^ and hopefully it will work. It worked for me. Uncharted tv is the problem.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - zainzombie
Message 7 of 7 (190 Views)
0 Likes