Having issues with UC3 not reading on your PS3 or FREEZING, I did and this is how I fixed it. Today I was upset that my game would not read or work on my PS3 and I got the same result, Uncharted 3 would not read on my PS3 and when I finally got it to work it would freeze when trying to load into multiplayer. That's when I thought about rebuilding my PS3′s database and it worked! Now I'm having a blast in UC3 again.
So if you have a problem with Uncharted 3 and it keeps freezing your PS3 I recommend you try this.
Activating Safe Mode
Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.
Step 2: 1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).
Step 3: 1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, “Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button.”
4. Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.
5. Then you will see the Safe Mode menu.
Step 4: Select Rebuild Database and follow the instructions and whatever you do, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR PS3 while its rebuilding the database. Don't worry about your saved games everything is safe, the only things that gets deleted is messages, sent messages, media files, and MP3 playlist.
Step 5: Still not working for you, that is odd?!?!? Well this is the last in final step that can get your PS3 reading your games fast again HOLD DOWN EJECTED BUTTON on your PS3, make sure there is not a disc in your PS3, hold it down and than hit the switch from the back of your PS3 off and than back on again, DON'T LET GO OF THE EJECTED BUTTON. You should hear a very loud noise coming from your PS3, don't worry your PS3 is not counting down to BLOW UP LIKE A BOMB its just blowing cool air into your PS3 it also clears up dust inside your disc drive. I hope this helps, good luck.
thank u for ur effort, but this game is bullts h i t 5 days i try to fix it but dosen\t work, and i do ur sloution but doesn't work, i will sell this bulls h i t, and im big fan of this game but ND Not interested
Tried this, but it doesn't work, my issues are uncharted 3 audio skipping and cutscenes screwing up. Also, the disk drive trick only works with the fat original ps3s I think, I don't believe the Slim has the power switch at the back
I just started having issues last Saturday. I love the game and am **bleep** about not being able to play. Its extremely frustrating to me that naughty dog doesn't seem to care or respond to any of these problems. I used to think they were a good company that actually cared about their community. Guess if the majority of players don't have issues there is no need for them to put any effort into a solution. Good luck trying to sell me another game ND