Apr 18 2011
By: Scientist Gaming Beast 2536 posts

Uncharted 3 : Already Failed - Sprint

9 replies 165 views Edited Apr 18, 2011

Before I get what I'm really trying to say, you all have to understand the title of this thread and then ultimately my post right ?

Now for those of you who don't know, I'm a creative director for a studio who's been developing a SOCOM title independently since 2004, started out when I was a teenager playing SOCOM 2, then first party SCE acquired Zipper Interactive, and destroyed the franchise name in the exact same way that's apparently happening to Uncharted 3.

So the destruction of amazing TPS games, from SOCOM 2 to SOCOM 3 (Epic Failure), to Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 3 is seemingly following right in it's foot steps.  Two of the best TPS for consoles with more potential to destroy any other competing title for very dignified reasons .... getting destroyed by first party SCE / CoD $ Interest. 

It's what I call and many others who are quite aware at this point in video games today, especially regarding shooters, "the frankenstein game development technique".

The first and most important problem regarding character model maneuverability that makes an Uncharted game, Uncharted.

The freedom that no sprint button & pressure sensitive analog sticks gave a fluid, intuitive game play engine, even with a cover system which was only alleviated from being a pain in the rear by a nice distant camera angle .... is now fading into a CoD L1 to trigger then Sprint button piece of trash. 

Here's the first glimpse I was able to see in the video, I was able to spot this off of my first view of the UC3 MP trailer.

Here was my first easy spot of it Sprint and how much slower it's made you without holding or pressing a button to speed up right here -  From 00:22 to 00:25 Link

00:47 to 00:49 is sprint .... Link

Sprint indefinitely spells the death of fluid, fast paced 3PS Multiplayer fun for Uncharted, R. Cogman, you had better GET SPRINT OUT OF THIS GAME !

I had already suggested that they remove boosters, or add a twist to them, being as once you unlock a booster, have it be for the weapons instead of game play mechanics messing with internal game play engine queues.  They succeeded and failed with this.  Sure when the beta is available, you might hit level say .... 20 or something and unlock what's supposed to be Assault Rifle stability with a for-grip, and weapon customization that copies exactly what I was suggesting.

That's the problem these days, you might copy and idea, or take it in stride, but you'll never see the artists actual vision to completely understand it, especially pertaining to how it will or won't better / destroy your game.

Which is a severity of garbage that is only amplified by a slower default analog speed, meaning we maneuver on foot slower than previously which is how a developer screws up their original magic formula pertaining to engine builds.

If I wanted a piece of trash L1 to reticle, TPS, and then even worse with the FPS features Sprint, I would just swallow my pride and buy SOCOM 4 against my better judgement.  Ridiculous .... all this game is missing to be a complete total FLOP is a shank button, but that will never happen because there's already a large amount of CQB action taking place in this game which is a nice and more accurate human twist to CQC. 

L1 to reticle / optics, Sprint, that's two buttons right there that keep you out of full speed / maneuverability which is something if not the only thing that helps you get away from death promptly in this game.  Wow, SOCOM 4 is doing this, and now Uncharted is going to fall victim to the same trash .... I was afraid this was going to happen since I heard the words "Uncharted 3".

This game is now a few short cries away from being an action adventure version of gears of war, all it's missing is the FPS shank and some other really newb FPS features .... oh and that stupid signature banner at every death from Modern Warfare 2 ?  C'mon .... are you serious ?  That's not even cool .... I actually didn't really think much of Uncharted 1, saw and played the demo for MP with Uncharted 2 .... and was completely blown away .... now with this first glimpse at Uncharted 3's MP .... I'm starting to take back all the praise and acclaim I gave ND & Uncharted 2.

The post is a mess, I am for one, extremely pissed off right now that sprint is among the first MP features to be revealed that are going to be the windfall of this title.  If you cannot see how and why this may be .... then start playing SOCOM 4 in contrast to SOCOM 2, and you'll have your answer.  As if Uncharted 2's most griped about features, L1 to reticle / Cover System wasn't troubling enough and getting players killed all the time, you'd think the Cover System would work a little better in Uncharted 3 like it does in SOCOM 4, which only has cover in it because of Uncharted 2 !

**bleep** is happening to games these days .... ?  This is not progression, this is not making a previous game better

Message 1 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

what is actually unique about this game for real, yh its...

Apr 18, 2011
what is actually unique about this game for real, yh its got facebook integration but I just can't see it being strongly supported by the community in the long term. But as I'll keep saying im giving it a try
Message 2 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

That is certainly a lot to write without even having touc...

Apr 18, 2011

That is certainly a lot to write without even having touched the game. Regardless, saying something has failed because of  a gameplay addition (while having no experience using the function) is beyond hyper judgemental and unreasonable.

Well anyway here is the appropriate topic for your concerns:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/OFFICIAL-U3-MP-Ideas-thoughts-suggestions-topic-Topic-1-...

Message 3 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Re: That is certainly a lot to write without even having touc...

Jan 29, 2012

zod5000 wrote:

That is certainly a lot to write without even having touched the game. Regardless, saying something has failed because of  a gameplay addition (while having no experience using the function) is beyond hyper judgemental and unreasonable.

Well anyway here is the appropriate topic for your concerns:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/OFFICIAL-U3-MP-Ideas-thoughts-suggestions-topic-Topic-1-...

Zod is always right.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 4 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 : Already Failed - Sprint

Jan 29, 2012

Sprint is fine. Cope with the circumstances.

Message 5 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4793 posts

Jan 29, 2012

An 8 months old topic revived for no reason at all.

Seriously, get a life Fadi.

Message 6 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jan 29, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

If you feel the need to troll around the forums just because, maybe you should look in the mirror.

If you're still on the fence about Max Payne 3, please do consider reading this topic:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37740014
Message 7 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4793 posts

Jan 29, 2012

underscore_scrub wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

If you feel the need to troll around the forums just because, maybe you should look in the mirror.

Newest YouTube video: TES5 Skyrim: Bear Troubles (Jan. 28, 2012).

Start a topic that isn't utter nonsense and you might get people to listen to you.

Message 8 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Jan 29, 2012

I understand the OP point. I first loved the sprint, before the beta, and I liked it on the summer beta, now I think that is a little bit too much fast, but I love the sprint on coop, it is very helpfull to escape. What I would like to see about the OP is a playlist where you play U3 like U2!! I am talking about no sprint at all, and you could bunny hump (that is very good to escape bullets), because on U3 is you get yourself suprised by side you are like dead! On U2 you could jump easily and wait while the enemy was reloading!

Message 9 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Jan 30, 2012

Anyone notice how the OP's PSN ID is "Scientist"?

Message 10 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes