Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 1.15 = Uncharted 2 1.05

Nov 19, 2012
Why fix things when they can sell you chaps for Talbot?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 51 of 72 (302 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Nov 19, 2012

scootgar wrote:
Why fix things when they can sell you chaps for Talbot?

Why do that even? When you can have a question answered that will tell you they will not even do that?

Message 52 of 72 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

I didn't bother to read the whole thread as I'm sure it's just everyone agreeing like always and going "+1 Kudos" etc etc.

But I'm going to take a different stance.

I think the comparison is quite the overreaction, frankly. The gameplay is largely intact in 1.15, whether lag is there or not. 1.05 stripped down gameplay completely, removing options due to the health mechanics being completely overhauled. I suppose you can make the comparison the overhauling of matchmaking is on-par with overhauling the health mechanics in 1.05, but the net result of each is quite debatable on a quality scale.

1.05's quality (and subsequently, 1.06) is downright atrocious. You feel like there's more lag present, when there isn't. The game's connection issues were always there. It's just the health mechanics before they changed it masked those issues very well. Overhaul those mechanics to the point where it no longer masks the connection issues and you have a very, very bad online experience. So much so that it changed the way you and I played UC2 online. It affected gameplay on a huge scale, not just impacting certain situations, but impacting how someone plays. Forced entire teams to camp with FALs, which then saw a few unnecessary adjustments brought down onto that gun. 1.06 continued the trend of the same quality, whereby somehow the spawns got worse (downright broken, especially in Plunder) while trying to fix the health complaints when really, what they did, was not even a happy medium. It was still trash and has remained that way since.

1.15's quality is above 1.05, in my eyes, simply because it has not forced me to play differently. I can play the same way I always have, I don't have to be nearly as careful as UC2 1.05. Stepping out into broad daylight on The Fort in UC2 meant death (and still largely does). In 1.15 on The Fort with UC3, I do not die nearly as quick and can still play the map the same as I always have. Maybe if there's a whole team of laggers I have to change, but in my experience, it's definitely not been as bad as UC2 1.05 was on The Fort. Do the new matchmaking changes make the game worse? Absolutely. Do they make the game as bad as UC2 1.05? That I don't really agree with. Are they on par, or as big of changes to the game as UC2 1.05's health changes? You may have a good argument there, but I don't think the comparison is hardly fair. They both are entirely different things and affect different things. The matchmaking changes haven't forced anyone to play 100% differently on every map, against every player like UC2 1.05 did for example.

Do I agree the matchmaking changes are bad? Yes. All I'm saying is, this is a bit of an overreaction to some degree. I don't feel like I want a new game already like I did when UC2 hit 1.06. Maybe I haven't been playing 1.15 as much as everyone else, but my experience hasn't been terribad with the exception of actually finding games in Classic mode.

In the end, I think we all know Naughty Dog does not rollback their changes they make to their multiplayer games. No matter the outcry over 1.05, ND stuck with the health changes only trying to meet a middleground with us (a middleground that really wasn't one and still had the same issues regardless of how you spin it). I predict the same is going to happen here with the matchmaking. ND is going to stick to their guns, tweak the matchmaking until they are satisfied with it, not us. They want there to be actual level-based matchmaking. The writing was on the wall from the very beginning of UC3. The constant complaints about running into parties of 5 and high levels brought us this matchmaking (coupled with ND's constant desire to seek it out themselves). I do not expect ND to rollback their matchmaking changes, no matter the outcry, just like 1.05. They want only what they think is best for the game, not what we think is best for the game.

They think they're in the right for this situation. And logically, it makes sense to have a level-based algorithim in your matchmaking system, but it shouldn't be the priority at all. And that's the issue. They've implemented it as the priority, just like UC2 1.07 or whenever they implemented the same **bleep** thing (it was when levels 61-80 were introduced wasn't it? Coincidence that the same happened here? I think not).

That said, please do not take this as me defending them. I'm just presenting a different point of view. I hate what they've done just as much but regardless of anyone's efforts, I do not think ND will rollback these matchmaking changes. They will simply tweak them to make them work "better", which in our case will just be worse and worse. It's downhill from here.

I'm still largely having fun with Classic mode when I get actual games and the players aren't laggy or whatever and that's the point I'm trying to make. The matchmaking doesn't ruin the gameplay as much as 1.05 did. 1.05's changes ruined everything, matchmaking 1.15's changes only ruin half of the game.

I have zero faith in them getting it right at this point. Yay for entitled players who complained about weapons only!

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention. I absolutely, 100%, to the infinity, agree that it is freaking DUMB how entitled some people are to keep asking for a stupid female skin that they have such a weird and deep attraction to have in the game and waste a Q&A question on EVERY BLOODY TIME. Christ Almighty, they told you no once, they told you no twice, they told you no thrice, and yet you STILL keep asking? Seriously get over it and get your priorities straight. It's disgusting to be obsessing this much over a fictional female skin that does nothing more than add an aesthetic view to the game which adds nothing whatsoever to the experience. You'll be done playing with that skin after a month and will switch to another when you're tired of her. Please stop asking about it, for goodness sake. Do you not care about the quality of the game?

Sorry, I really needed to vent that **bleep**.

Photobucket
Message 53 of 72 (281 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Nov 19, 2012
You probably need to realize that a lot of the wetsuit complaints now are symbolic odd the ND fiasco, the request has a meta life all its own.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 54 of 72 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Won´t happen.

This game already hit the can.

Naughty Dog listen to the people that want to put pink pants on their Drake, not fix lag or party-splitting.

At this point it is what it is.

Those people that like customization so freaking much should take a design and fashion course not spend time playing shooters.

Message 55 of 72 (260 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Cruel_Heathcliff wrote:

Won´t happen.

This game already hit the can.

Naughty Dog listen to the people that want to put pink pants on their Drake, not fix lag or party-splitting.

At this point it is what it is.

Those people that like customization so freaking much should take a design and fashion course not spend time playing shooters.

Customization was something we were promised. ND should've fixed matchmaking earlier but its waaaay to late for that now. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 56 of 72 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I love fashion. Smiley Tongue And customization really intrigues me as well, MGO 2 (MGS4) had loads of customization.. and I know this game really, REALLY, needs fixes but hopefully they can fit in the customization along that.

Of course knowing ND.. who knows what will be the case? Smiley Indifferent

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 57 of 72 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

Rarely play this game anymore, but one of the last matches I recall playing in, a split screener 1st legacy noob, went 22-0 due to the dead body glitch.  The worst part, it was the player no. 2 split screener.  Really?

The added effect that Halo and BLOPS 2 are out, Uncharted 3 will continue to suffer from lag for the time being.

I think the main thing that deters me from playing this as much as I did UC2, is that there is just so many more BS ways to die in this game.  And when you add that onto the craptastic lag, no thanks.

Message 58 of 72 (186 Views)
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 19, 2012

S4V463_F0XH0UND wrote:

I love fashion. Smiley Tongue And customization really intrigues me as well, MGO 2 (MGS4) had loads of customization.. and I know this game really, REALLY, needs fixes but hopefully they can fit in the customization along that.

Of course knowing ND.. who knows what will be the case? Smiley Indifferent

I agree with you Nessa! And also, we want customization because it was promised to us since the beggining...

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 59 of 72 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 19, 2012

S4V463_F0XH0UND wrote:

I love fashion. Smiley Tongue

Well, that explains a lot... Smiley Tongue

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 60 of 72 (157 Views)
0 Likes