Survivor
2203 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 1.15 = Uncharted 2 1.05

Nov 18, 2012

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Wasn't 1.15 supposed to be about team balancing and not completely changing the matchmaking system?

It was ND just shat all over the place trying to fix it.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 41 of 72 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2890 posts

Nov 18, 2012

I haven't noticed an increase in Lag...seems the same to me.

What is all the fuss here?

Personally the only issue I have still right now is how quick the G-Mal still kills...that is it.

Otherwise, I am perfectly happy.

2544133150[1].png

Message 42 of 72 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Wait.  Are we suggesting that NDI should fix technical aspects of the game?  That's a knee slapper.  It appears NDI is done working on the game and can only make it WORSE. 

As has been suggested in NUMEROUS threads before. 

PATCH

THE PATCH, PLEASE.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! 

Message 43 of 72 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Nov 19, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

That's right, I said it. I've wanted to make a post like this for a couple weeks, since I ever stopped playing this game. It's here now.

Naughty Dog, you saw all the complaints about lag on this forum. Who in your headquarters thought that making connection even less optimized in matchmaking in favor of rank was a good idea, and how on earth are they not in the 9.7% of unemployed Americans right now?! How could they even keep a job with that level of intelligence?!

The dead body glitch has been a regular occurrence for almost a month now. Party-splitting has also increased since 1.13 and your "matchmaking fix" did a bang-up job with patching the party-splitting. I partially blame the people demanding colors and advanced customization over real fixes, because they demanded them SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, that ND had to appease those forumers and delay the technical fixes even further.

The increase in lag, party splits, and dead body glitches is unacceptable, and 1.15 is to be blamed for it (1.13 has some part in it for increasing party splits in the first place, but the major gameplay flaws have increased since 1.15 and that is a fact). People have stopped playing this game, whether permanently or temporarily until you get your it-shay together (like myself), because there are simply too many BS deaths and losses than ever before, and no one likes getting this angry with each match.

Your new matchmaking is broken. It doesn't even optimize rank that much for some people, because lots of people are still getting low-levels to stomp. All it's really done is increase the amount of laggy players to run into. It might as well not even be here. It's such a worthless change which did more harm than it could ever do good.

I want to play this game again with as much risk of getting **bleep** as I did before 1.15 (which is to say, there was some risk but it wasn't guaranteed like it is now). The matchmaking fiasco, dead body glitches, and party splits which I know is still going on regularly just from looking at this forum and the Uncharted Community's FaceBook Group, are keeping me from picking the game up again, EVEN WHEN I HAVE ADVANTAGEOUS LAG WITH MY NEW DSL CONNECTION!

You probably won't fix matchmaking. You're all too stubborn to do that. But you have got to work on actual fixes for the dead body glitches and party splits, or this game's quality will still be reminescent to Uncharted 2 post-1.05 and it will never recover. This game's future is in your hands, and more than tournament awards, more than colors, more than Labs, more than advanced customization, more than WETSUIT F#$%ING ELENA (seriously, STOP WASTING QUESTIONS IN THE Q&A ABOUT THAT STUPID, USELESS SKIN), WE NEED TECHNICAL FIXES. A fancy skin for a gun won't bring me back. A playable game will.

Adios.

Isn't that the basis for your famous TripleRAGE series? But seriously, you're right. I actually dubbed this the iOS 6 of Uncharted 3. (I don't HATE Apple I just like teasing them)

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 44 of 72 (304 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4190 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Logged in purely to kudo the OP. The lag created from this patch is OBSCENE.

Symbol of the dying player pool too i think.
Message 45 of 72 (301 Views)
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Nov 19, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

That's right, I said it. I've wanted to make a post like this for a couple weeks, since I ever stopped playing this game. It's here now.

Naughty Dog, you saw all the complaints about lag on this forum. Who in your headquarters thought that making connection even less optimized in matchmaking in favor of rank was a good idea, and how on earth are they not in the 9.7% of unemployed Americans right now?! How could they even keep a job with that level of intelligence?!

The dead body glitch has been a regular occurrence for almost a month now. Party-splitting has also increased since 1.13 and your "matchmaking fix" did a bang-up job with patching the party-splitting. I partially blame the people demanding colors and advanced customization over real fixes, because they demanded them SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, that ND had to appease those forumers and delay the technical fixes even further.

The increase in lag, party splits, and dead body glitches is unacceptable, and 1.15 is to be blamed for it (1.13 has some part in it for increasing party splits in the first place, but the major gameplay flaws have increased since 1.15 and that is a fact). People have stopped playing this game, whether permanently or temporarily until you get your it-shay together (like myself), because there are simply too many BS deaths and losses than ever before, and no one likes getting this angry with each match.

Your new matchmaking is broken. It doesn't even optimize rank that much for some people, because lots of people are still getting low-levels to stomp. All it's really done is increase the amount of laggy players to run into. It might as well not even be here. It's such a worthless change which did more harm than it could ever do good.

I want to play this game again with as much risk of getting **bleep** as I did before 1.15 (which is to say, there was some risk but it wasn't guaranteed like it is now). The matchmaking fiasco, dead body glitches, and party splits which I know is still going on regularly just from looking at this forum and the Uncharted Community's FaceBook Group, are keeping me from picking the game up again, EVEN WHEN I HAVE ADVANTAGEOUS LAG WITH MY NEW DSL CONNECTION!

You probably won't fix matchmaking. You're all too stubborn to do that. But you have got to work on actual fixes for the dead body glitches and party splits, or this game's quality will still be reminescent to Uncharted 2 post-1.05 and it will never recover. This game's future is in your hands, and more than tournament awards, more than colors, more than Labs, more than advanced customization, more than WETSUIT F#$%ING ELENA (seriously, STOP WASTING QUESTIONS IN THE Q&A ABOUT THAT STUPID, USELESS SKIN), WE NEED TECHNICAL FIXES. A fancy skin for a gun won't bring me back. A playable game will.

Adios.

I agree that all that customization trash shouldn't be in Uncharted in the first place, but you take it way to far to say that this patch is as worse as UC2 1.05, because this patch didn't destroy the experience of the game, 1.05 destroyed it completely by reducing the health, while this patch didn't do anything at all, you say it's an increase in lag, but I don't notice anything differently then before patch 1.15 (I'm from the Netherlands, perhaps someone can confirm), but I'm not waiting for technical fixes, I want gameplay fixes like reducing blindfire, I don't care for stumbling on the dead body glitch once in a while...

Message 46 of 72 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

Isn't that the basis for your famous TripleRAGE series? But seriously, you're right. I actually dubbed this the iOS 6 of Uncharted 3. (I don't HATE Apple I just like teasing them)

Who's to say we needed 1.15's spike in those three issues for tripleRAGE, anyways? >:3

Message 47 of 72 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Figured we might actually get Naughty Dog to relent and bring back the old matchmaking if we hit them where it truly resonates.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 48 of 72 (258 Views)
Fender Bender
3591 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012
-
Do you feel me?

Message 49 of 72 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Agreed.

But.. Uncharted 2's quality is currently vastly superior to Uncharted 3.

I used to say that rather tounge in cheek jokingly.. Now it's a serious reality.

Message 50 of 72 (199 Views)
0 Likes