Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 1.15 = Uncharted 2 1.05

Nov 18, 2012
I have a crazy conspiracy theory. What if there is a egotistical mastermind who deceives and brainwashes all employees in ND studio just for a brand of money and maximum trolling?

Nah, I'm just imagining.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 21 of 72 (408 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

Lag always has been a problem and always will be. I suppose unlike many people I was being matched with the same laggers all the time, so for me this percieved spike in lag is just more of the same. The reason I barely play anymore though is blindfire. It just kills fun for me. Sure there's that match where I get RPG'd, respawn, get Quickboomed, respawn, get Tbolted, and then respawn, but what really ruins it for me is that after all that I can accept that some power weapon instakilled me. What I can't accept is that after all that I got to shoot at someone and they blindfire three bullets and then punch me and kill me instantly while I aimed every single bullet I put in them and they walk away to go get their next RPG/Quickboom/Tbolt.

Balance is my biggest problem. Lag is just a stresser that will make more evident any already existing flaws. Lag would be less of an issue if there weren't as many balancing flaws or glitches. For example the dead body glitch (I personally have not seen an increase in it, and have actually not seen it in a while so I say placebo on the increase of it) where if an explosive anything blows up on your body the very moment you respawn it will do damage or even kill you, and if it does kill you then that's bad enough but on top of that after it kills you, you will either randomly teleport a few times or become glitched so that your body is still where you got respawn killed in everyone else's game. Lag makes this worse because often times people's lag will freeze grenades or delay them for a while causing the moment when an enemy respawns to also unfreeze the nearby grenade and blow up simultaneously causing the dead body glitch (hypothetically speaking).

Split screen is a gameplay decision that makes lag more evident. Both pre and post 1.15 if there was a lagging split screener, if I tried to throw their grenade back then it would either blow up while it's in my hand or freeze on the ground and then potentially blow up a few seconds later. Blindfire BS still pisses me off more though, because rather than it being something that is breaking within the game that causes a glitch, it's intentional meaning they COULD change it if they wanted. They just don't want to because they somehow see the act of not aiming and being more accurate than aiming to somehow make the game better. I think that even more so than lag, blindfire being so immensely strong is what has always and will continue to hold Uncharted back.

Even in U2 is was a problem mostly due to the 92fs and prevalance of shotguns on every map but even then it was risky to try and blindfire because there was the chance that you would miss a majority of your shots (unless you had a shotgun or jumped..) but in U3 there isn't even that risk. Blindfire is beyond accurate within 10 feet of an opponent and on top of that there's sprint to close the gap and melee quick rolling to remove any vulnerability the blindfire rusher may have for their wild tactics. Any of the risks that should be associated with blindfire, like innaccuracy and vulnerability while attempting to melee, are nonexistant while blindfirers get to use stopping power just like people who aim.

ND has some good ideas but the execution is sloppy. Jamming. The concept is interesting, but the execution is all wrong. Rather than forcing jamming upon two of the semi-auto weapons arbitrarily when they already require more skill to use, jamming should be used for blindfire to make it more or a risk and last resort kind of tactic. When you blindfire you have the random chance to jam that will require you to reload before you can start shooting again and it will also waste all the remaining bullets in that clip that jammed. Now that would actually make sense and make blindfire, however unbelievable this may be, balanced.

In the same spirit of good idea, bad execution, changing matchmaking to consider legacies seems like a good idea, except that in actual practice it means that there are techically more levels to be considered when the game is matchmaking, further straining the player pool. On top of that, legacy is a choice so people are then given the choice (or for people who already legacied the choice was made for them) to be ranked with higher levels. Those who did not legacy though will be matched with lower ranked people regardless of skill, time played, or experience.

For this game to ever achieve the heights that it has the potential for, matchmaking needs to be strictly ping based with team mates distributed in the matchmaking lobby based on level, and blindfire needs to be seriously addressed.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 22 of 72 (407 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Nov 18, 2012

UrWrongImWhite wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

That's right, I said it. I've wanted to make a post like this for a couple weeks, since I ever stopped playing this game. It's here now.

Naughty Dog, you saw all the complaints about lag on this forum. Who in your headquarters thought that making connection even less optimized in matchmaking in favor of rank was a good idea, and how on earth are they not in the 9.7% of unemployed Americans right now?! How could they even keep a job with that level of intelligence?!

The dead body glitch has been a regular occurrence for almost a month now. Party-splitting has also increased since 1.13 and your "matchmaking fix" did a bang-up job with patching the party-splitting. I partially blame the people demanding colors and advanced customization over real fixes, because they demanded them SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, that ND had to appease those forumers and delay the technical fixes even further.

The increase in lag, party splits, and dead body glitches is unacceptable, and 1.15 is to be blamed for it (1.13 has some part in it for increasing party splits in the first place, but the major gameplay flaws have increased since 1.15 and that is a fact). People have stopped playing this game, whether permanently or temporarily until you get your it-shay together (like myself), because there are simply too many BS deaths and losses than ever before, and no one likes getting this angry with each match.

Your new matchmaking is broken. It doesn't even optimize rank that much for some people, because lots of people are still getting low-levels to stomp. All it's really done is increase the amount of laggy players to run into. It might as well not even be here. It's such a worthless change which did more harm than it could ever do good.

I want to play this game again with as much risk of getting **bleep** as I did before 1.15 (which is to say, there was some risk but it wasn't guaranteed like it is now). The matchmaking fiasco, dead body glitches, and party splits which I know is still going on regularly just from looking at this forum and the Uncharted Community's FaceBook Group, are keeping me from picking the game up again, EVEN WHEN I HAVE ADVANTAGEOUS LAG WITH MY NEW DSL CONNECTION!

You probably won't fix matchmaking. You're all too stubborn to do that. But you have got to work on actual fixes for the dead body glitches and party splits, or this game's quality will still be reminescent to Uncharted 2 post-1.05 and it will never recover. This game's future is in your hands, and more than tournament awards, more than colors, more than Labs, more than advanced customization, more than WETSUIT F#$%ING ELENA (seriously, STOP WASTING QUESTIONS IN THE Q&A ABOUT THAT STUPID, USELESS SKIN), WE NEED TECHNICAL FIXES. A fancy skin for a gun won't bring me back. A playable game will.

Adios.

This post is patently stupid. The two are not even close to equal. Maybe you guys should shut your mouths about team balance and this wouldn't have happened. But don't pretend like the health drop in U2 is comparable to the awesome stuff we have gotten in U3. Some minor flaws aside. Both games have lag. but U3 is WAY better than U2. Good riddance to you.

I agree that Uncharted 3 is way better than Uncharted 2, even in its current state. But still, you might as well have Uncharted 2 levels of health due to how quickly you die to laggers.

You're wrong, I'm right.

Message 23 of 72 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Nov 18, 2012
There are people who don't lag. When I fight the,, I have a quality competitive fight. Whack n roll works both ways, we have the same health, and I always win. Very rare occurrence sadly :smileysad: My biggest problem with Blindfire is zig zagging. This makes people harder to hit than fleet foot gold! And that's a booster, this is a free exploit that ND said they won't address. They move so fast that by the time you have the common sense to stop aiming and Blindfire them back, they've already lag punched you from either 6 feet away, or while you futilely rolled.

Message 24 of 72 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Nov 18, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
There are people who don't lag. When I fight the,, I have a quality competitive fight. Whack n roll works both ways, we have the same health, and I always win. Very rare occurrence sadly :smileysad: My biggest problem with Blindfire is zig zagging. This makes people harder to hit than fleet foot gold! And that's a booster, this is a free exploit that ND said they won't address. They move so fast that by the time you have the common sense to stop aiming and Blindfire them back, they've already lag punched you from either 6 feet away, or while you futilely rolled.

Here's an interesting U3 fact that most people either forget or don't know:

The supposedly helpful "blindfire patch" actually increased the blindfire turn radius. Hence the zigzaggin :smileywink:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 25 of 72 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Nov 18, 2012
I agree with DouthpawLP
Message 26 of 72 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Nov 18, 2012
What I find funny is, the rank system doesn't seem changed at all...we still get matched against low level players, now it's just laggier than it was before...no real changes what so ever.
Message 27 of 72 (363 Views)
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

Naughty Dog doesn't care for technical fixes, in this fiscal of a game. That is exactly what it is, a money making scheme on the current players. The reason people keep asking for Wetsuit Elena is because they may put it in (they want any way to make money) despite the need for technical fixes. Look at their Tournament system, the community asked for that. Stat hats? Oh boy, what I always wanted. They don't even know how broken their own game is (Eric-ND's post about blindfire not being broken, have you not PLAYED the game!?) People wanted colours, and customization because they were promised so much more than they were given (a lie by ND, really? I mean the Fortune Hunters Club Fort Co-op DLC counting as a map pack was what we all expected and were promised.) You look at this game, when they attempt to fix something (i.e party splits which didn't even fix it after that patch and matchmaking which optimizes based on level) they screw the game up even more. Now you want them touching even more technical stuff? People asked for The Lab, colours, and customization pieces. No one asked for these pieces to have to be bought. Sure it wasn't a big deal but all that time spent on the Tournament System. I mean imagine all the problems they could have fixed, and don't give me the 'reset glitch' being fixed as an example. The only reason they fixed that is because someone bought tickets and their account got reset (that's when Eric-ND announced they had a system implemented to restore reset accounts.) The only reason was to save their jobs (imagine how much they could have sued Sony/ND for, so of course they would fix it.) I agree with everything Southpaw says, technical fixes SHOULD be a priority. Naughty Dog needs to optimize their resources to fix the game. I mean they have known for multiple issues for months (ROF, Revenge, Blindfire are just to name a few which people wanted removed or fixed in some way.) Even more laughable? A Naughty Dog employee saying they have ping based matchmaking. Have you played this game!? Those are huge, outlandish statements when relating to this multiplayer. I'm all for technical fixes, but they make no money off of them so you'll have better luck seeing Wetsuit Elena (whom I may remind you doesn't fit in the Uncharted universe more than Capture Trooper) than seeing those fixes unless ND actually focuses on their broken multiplayer.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 28 of 72 (331 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Yesss Southpaw :smileyhappy:

Kung Pow is the best movie ever! :smileyvery-happy:

I can watch that movie so many times and still laugh :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 29 of 72 (298 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 18, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

Patch 1.13 satisfied me enough in terms of customization, so I fixing the game's major problems should be top priority now.

Nah, they won't be satisfied unless they get a rainbow colour wheel.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 30 of 72 (276 Views)