Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2012
By: SouthpawLP Treasure Hunter 4593 posts

Uncharted 3 1.15 = Uncharted 2 1.05

[ Edited ]
71 replies 9269 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

That's right, I said it. I've wanted to make a post like this for a couple weeks, since I ever stopped playing this game. It's here now.

Naughty Dog, you saw all the complaints about lag on this forum. Who in your headquarters thought that making connection even less optimized in matchmaking in favor of rank was a good idea, and how on earth are they not in the 9.7% of unemployed Americans right now?! How could they even keep a job with that level of intelligence?!

The dead body glitch has been a regular occurrence for almost a month now. Party-splitting has also increased since 1.13 and your "matchmaking fix" did a bang-up job with patching the party-splitting. I partially blame the people demanding colors and advanced customization over real fixes, because they demanded them SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, that ND had to appease those forumers and delay the technical fixes even further.

The increase in lag, party splits, and dead body glitches is unacceptable, and 1.15 is to be blamed for it (1.13 has some part in it for increasing party splits in the first place, but the major gameplay flaws have increased since 1.15 and that is a fact). People have stopped playing this game, whether permanently or temporarily until you get your it-shay together (like myself), because there are simply too many BS deaths and losses than ever before, and no one likes getting this angry with each match.

Your new matchmaking is broken. It doesn't even optimize rank that much for some people, because lots of people are still getting low-levels to stomp. All it's really done is increase the amount of laggy players to run into. It might as well not even be here. It's such a worthless change which did more harm than it could ever do good.

I want to play this game again with as much risk of getting **bleep** as I did before 1.15 (which is to say, there was some risk but it wasn't guaranteed like it is now). The matchmaking fiasco, dead body glitches, and party splits which I know is still going on regularly just from looking at this forum and the Uncharted Community's FaceBook Group, are keeping me from picking the game up again, EVEN WHEN I HAVE ADVANTAGEOUS LAG WITH MY NEW DSL CONNECTION!

You probably won't fix matchmaking. You're all too stubborn to do that. But you have got to work on actual fixes for the dead body glitches and party splits, or this game's quality will still be reminescent to Uncharted 2 post-1.05 and it will never recover. This game's future is in your hands, and more than tournament awards, more than colors, more than Labs, more than advanced customization, more than WETSUIT F#$%ING ELENA (seriously, STOP WASTING QUESTIONS IN THE Q&A ABOUT THAT STUPID, USELESS SKIN), WE NEED TECHNICAL FIXES. A fancy skin for a gun won't bring me back. A playable game will.

Adios.

EDIT: Well, they certainly proved me wrong about being too stubborn to fix matchmaking... I haven't been this happy to have egg on my face in a long time.

Message 1 of 72 (9,269 Views)
Wastelander
597 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 1.15 = Uncharted 2 1.05

Nov 18, 2012

I can't believe people are still crying over Wetsuit Elena. How can you look at the current state of this game and act like a SKIN should be ND's biggest priority?

I am the one who knocks.
Message 2 of 72 (9,239 Views)
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Nov 18, 2012

The_Blablob wrote:

I can't believe people are still crying over Wetsuit Elena. How can you look at the current state of this game and act like a SKIN should be ND's biggest priority?

right hands needs some attention

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 3 of 72 (9,231 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Nov 18, 2012

The_Blablob wrote:

I actually get a little mad when I see someone crying over wetsuit Elena

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 4 of 72 (9,229 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1245 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Yup. I agree. I will still play, just like I did with U2, but I know this where Uncharted 3 goes downhill. At this point, ND stated they have no plans for anything important like Co-op, no plans to fix technical issues it seems, or anything else that would MAKE SENSE. This game has already been lacking some play time recently, and I don't see it coming back.

I guess we will have to wait for 1.16 or that "Big Surprise" that Squid and Triple hinted at. Then maybe, I might have a reason to hope for real patches. But with this current trend, I wouldn't be surprised if Naughty Dog just gave us a "Tourament 2.0" as that surprise. Something useless that nobody asked for. :smileyindifferent:

/complain

Message 5 of 72 (9,228 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Nov 18, 2012

A little dramatic, but Id have to agree.

I used to see lag.

Now, i ONLY see lag.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 6 of 72 (9,174 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

Nov 18, 2012

It seems ND is fond of ruining their MP games with patches that end in 5. If U4 is made how much anybody wanna bet that people will quit playing it after ND releases Patch 1.25 or something like that?

Message 7 of 72 (9,158 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Funny thing is both uncharted 2 and 3 mp were destroyed by ND themselves with patches lmao. I wont be getting TLOU because lets be honest, it would most likely see the same road as uncharted. 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 8 of 72 (9,156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

This game's future is in your hands, and more than tournament awards, more than colors, more than Labs, more than advanced customization, more than WETSUIT F#$%ING ELENA (seriously, STOP WASTING QUESTIONS IN THE Q&A ABOUT THAT STUPID, USELESS SKIN), WE NEED TECHNICAL FIXES. A fancy skin for a gun won't bring me back. A playable game will.

Adios.

Calm down. We're jumping the gun. Eric actually answered 12 questions. Look at the Q&A again and count the number of question carefully. Yeah, I was there before. Nothing to rant about. Well, just a bit of too much crying over Wetsuit Elena. 

Eric-ND wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

My thoughts:

You wasted YET ANOTHER answer on the Wet Suit Elena thing...thanks for wasting 1 of 10 prescious answers.

What a load of crap about Skin's camera question. Those cameras are all terrible, and no, its just not possible to know exactly what is happnening around you at all times.

Um, we answered 12 questions. :smileyhappy:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

See ya. I'll be seeing you in other games someday. 

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 9 of 72 (9,142 Views)
Gaming Beast
2029 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Has anyone noticed that u3 weapons kill fast like in u2.
Message 10 of 72 (9,109 Views)
0 Likes