Jul 25 2012
By: jjjkur Survivor 2178 posts
Accepted Solution

Uncharted 2 Maps>Uncharted 3 Remakes

[ Edited ]
26 replies 423 views Edited Jul 25, 2012

Im strictly discussing the Uncharted 2 maps put in Uncharted 3. I feel they are a worse than the Uncharted 2 maps. This isn't a petition thread for ND to change the maps, but this is to get your opinions. I've been revisiting Uncharted 2 and playing the old maps and I really enjoy them more than Uncharted 3.

•The fort is so gloomy with all the rain and darker, while the Uncharted 2 fort is bright and happy, with Sully's plane too.

•The Flooded Ruins was a rainy map thought back nostalgia of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. They really seemed like the perfect setting to be rainy. In Uncharted 3 there are some random magma areas and particle effects. It doesn't nearly fit the ruins mode.

•the museum wasn't changed too much, it was just changed to day which completely changes the feel from the Uncharted 2 Heist to just making it seem a little dull.

•The cave... Do I really need to explain this one? Same issue with train wreck. So much more bland without snow, and in the case of train wreck, so open, and With that visibility, it's campers paradise.

•The temple. Same map, but now it's darker. Idk about you guys, but I hate dark maps.

•The lost city doesn't really have a negative change, but the cool aesthetics like snow sticking to you from other Uncharted 2 maps is missed.

That's it for me, I personally like the new Plaza and Village due to being brighter, and the new Sanctuary has that cool Aurora Borealis. What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 27 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 Maps>Uncharted 3 Remakes

Jul 25, 2012
100% agree I dislike most of the remakes Smiley Sad most of the remakes of uncharted 2 maps are dark and dreary and even maxing the in game brightness makes no difference. I liked all thë maps the way they were in uncharted 2, naughty dog should've left them alone... And museum was also much better dark in uncharted 2 not bright the way it is now, they ruined most of the maps Smiley Sad

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 27 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jul 25, 2012

i was having an idea that they should just add the uncharted 2 versions of the maps to 3 as well that way we'd have more map options don't you think?

Sleep Matt signature
Message 3 of 27 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I like dark maps, and the temple is probably my favorite map in uncharted 2. I agree with the ruins though
Message 4 of 27 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 25, 2012

jjjkur wrote:

Im strictly discussing the Uncharted 2 maps put in Uncharted 3. I feel they are a worse than the Uncharted 2 maps. This isn't a petition thread for ND to change the maps, but this is to get your opinions. I've been revisiting Uncharted 2 and playing the old maps and I really enjoy them more than Uncharted 3.

•The fort is so gloomy with all the rain and darker, while the Uncharted 2 fort is bright and happy, with Sully's plane too.

I actually love the rainy look, and atmospherics of the new Fort map.

•The Flooded Ruins was a rainy map thought back nostalgia of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. They really seemed like the perfect setting to be rainy. In Uncharted 3 there are some random magma areas and particle effects. It doesn't nearly fit the ruins mode.

Complete agreement.  The old ruins was my 2nd favourite map.  Now it looks stupid and isn't nearly as atmospheric.

•the museum wasn't changed too much, it was just changed to day which completely changes the feel from the Uncharted 2 Heist to just making it seem a little dull.

Love the new Museum's lighting and time of day.  No real changes, though.

•The cave... Do I really need to explain this one? Same issue with train wreck. So much more bland without snow, and in the case of train wreck, so open, and With that visibility, it's campers paradise.

I don't really have any issues, other than that the Plunder Spawns for this are a real beast to manage if you don't work together.

•The temple. Same map, but now it's darker. Idk about you guys, but I hate dark maps.

Always hated it, and now it's dark and detestable.

•The lost city doesn't really have a negative change, but the cool aesthetics like snow sticking to you from other Uncharted 2 maps is missed.

Cripes, I can't see anything on this map.

That's it for me, I personally like the new Plaza and Village due to being brighter, and the new Sanctuary has that cool Aurora Borealis. What are your thoughts?

The Highrise was ruined.  The ziplines are idiotic, the weapon spawns changed for the worse, and the darkness and removal of the Helicopter dulled it.

Was my favourite UC2 map, and most played.  Now I detest it.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 5 of 27 (400 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jul 25, 2012

scootgar wrote:

jjjkur wrote:

I actually love the rainy look, and atmospherics of the new Fort map.

Complete agreement.  The old ruins was my 2nd favourite map.  Now it looks stupid and isn't nearly as atmospheric.

Love the new Museum's lighting and time of day.  No real changes, though.

I don't really have any issues, other than that the Plunder Spawns for this are a real beast to manage if you don't work together.

Always hated it, and now it's dark and detestable.

Cripes, I can't see anything on this map.

The Highrise was ruined.  The ziplines are idiotic, the weapon spawns changed for the worse, and the darkness and removal of the Helicopter dulled it.

Was my favourite UC2 map, and most played.  Now I detest it.

detest is quite a strong word lol....you sure you wanna use that?

Sleep Matt signature
Message 6 of 27 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Yeah. Sounds cool, they could just copy and paste the Uncharted 2 maps into Uncharted 3, and every time a Uncharted 2 map wins in a vote, you then have a 2nd vote for the remake or original.

Message 7 of 27 (393 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Jul 25, 2012

jjjkur wrote:

I love the look of each version, though I miss Sully's plane.

While Molten is cool, it is too red. Flooded wins.

U2 version was cooler.

U3 version wins cuz it is pretty, I miss dem snow effects though :3

U3 temple sucks, why did they take out the water again?... I miss dat waterfall...

I like both versions, it is a tie.

tlousig2
Message 8 of 27 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jul 25, 2012

I don't really think that they've made any of the Uncharted 2 maps worse by remaking them (with the exception of temple - that one is worse and it was my least favourite to begin with). I like the look of pretty much all the remade Uncharted 2 ones. Some are a little better now, some were a little better before but none of them are bad. I like some of the changes they've made to the layout (especially in sanctuary with more climbing options) but I also miss some of the dynamic events like the helicopter in highrise and the plane in fort. Overall, I don't think they're worse at all and with quite a few I think they're better.

Message 9 of 27 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Village - I like both, I actually prefer the sunny look of the UC3 version, but I think that the map fits UC2's multiplayer a lot better.  So I'll give this one to UC2, it just doesn't seem to play right in UC3.

Temple - I'm kinda indifferent on this one, I like the dark look of the UC3 map though.  It's a perfect setting for Cloaked.

Cave - UC3 version hands down, this map looks gorgeous on UC3.

Lost City - Although the winter wonderland is a pretty cool look, I prefer the original UC2 map.

Train Wreck - UC2 has the much better Train Wreck, the UC3 variant is way too campy without the snow effect to mask players who like to stay mobile. This could have been fixed by having a slight sand storm, and a heavy sand storm that passes through every now and then. 

Plaza - UC2 has the better Plaza, they got the night time setting perfect on this map.  It's dark, but I can still see very well.

Sanctuary - I have to go with UC3 on this one, the added zip-lines make this map flow so much better, and they prevent people from wanting to camp in the underground cave as often.  I like that most of the battles take place outside now.

Fort - I was never a fan of Fort in either game, too campy for my tastes, but I will give the edge to UC3 due to the added cover on the top half of the map.

Facility - UC2 hands down, I dislike the icy barren look to the UC3 very much.  It looks like a very poor effect, probably the worst looking map in UC3.

The Flooded/Molten Ruins - UC2 wins again on this one, the rainy look of the map looks so much better than the UC3 version.  This is probably the 2nd worst looking map in UC3.

Highrise - UC2 wins again, the map just looks better in comparison to it's UC3 counterpart.  The night time setting just doesn't look right, plus I don't like that one team gets a shotgun, and the other team gets a T-Bolt.

The Museum - UC3 wins this one, this is one of the more beautiful maps in UC3.  I don't the hate for the brightness of this map, I think it's fine.

UC2 - 7

UC3 - 5

Nostalgia probably has a factor in my results, but UC2 edges out UC3 just slightly.

Message 10 of 27 (347 Views)
0 Likes