Oct 08 2012
By: SOGGY-MINGE First Son 1 posts

Un-competitive guns...

37 replies 550 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

I've come back to Uncharted 3's Multiplayer for the first time in at least 6 months. When i left, i was very good with the FAL-SS. Before that, in the Beta, i was very good with the G-Mal. On Uncharted 2, i was very good with the pistol. My weaknesses have always been using guns with heavy recoil.

I've been playing again for about 2 days now, and am finding it very frustrating trying to settle on a gun. The FAL is now useless. As is the G-Mal. It appears anyone with any skill with either machine gun can get kills from ANY distance. I understand bumping into someone and getting destoryed at close range, but these guns dominate from EVERY distance. It's incredibly frustrating, because whenever i try to know use the FAL or G-MAL, it takes at least 6 hits (or bursts) from either to win a firefight, this means even if my aim is 100%, i still stand barely any chance.

The Para too, takes a very long time to kill anyone. 

This game has once again become what Uncharted 2 was. If you can use an AK, or an M9, you win. There is not a sigle instance where either medium range guns are worthwhile. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?

Message 1 of 38 (550 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Re: Un-competitive guns...

Oct 8, 2012
Patch 1.13
Message 2 of 38 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Both the FAL and GMAL are still competetive. Either you're missing when you think you're hitting or you're encountering a lot of lag.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 3 of 38 (507 Views)
PlayStation MVP
19053 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Both the FAL and GMAL are still competetive. Either you're missing when you think you're hitting or you're encountering a lot of lag.

The FAL is probably my favorite gun. Now that it's been nerfed, it's a secret underdog that is super deadly in the right hands.

Message 4 of 38 (501 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

The FAL is probably my favorite gun. Now that it's been nerfed, it's a secret underdog that is super deadly in the right hands.

Since we've probably been through this agreement several times already..... :3

Message 5 of 38 (497 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19053 posts

Oct 8, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

It's not an argument when we agree on how good it is. :smileywink: :smileytongue:

I constantly use Talbot + Half Gas Mask + Talbot's loadout for a FAL with 3 mods, super power (3 shot kill ZOMG!!111!!1one!), and free kickbacks for 1 measly stealth kill. C8

Message 6 of 38 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

It's not an argument when we agree on how good it is. :smileywink: :smileytongue:

I constantly use Talbot + Half Gas Mask + Talbot's loadout for a FAL with 3 mods, super power (3 shot kill ZOMG!!111!!1one!), and free kickbacks for 1 measly stealth kill. C8

That's why I said "agreement" instead of "arguement" :smileywink:

Message 7 of 38 (480 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19053 posts

Oct 8, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

That's why I said "agreement" instead of "arguement" :smileywink:

Oh....

...Must have thought you wrote argument. :smileyindifferent:

Message 8 of 38 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Yeah, all the cool kids use the M9. I'm a rebel (:smileywink:) and use the AK w/ accuracy, and will on occasion use G-MAL or even the FAL. But the M9 is really the best all around slasher gun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 9 of 38 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10164 posts

Oct 8, 2012

stayFROST-E wrote:

Yeah, all the cool kids use the M9. I'm a rebel (:smileywink:) and use the AK w/ accuracy, and will on occasion use G-MAL or even the FAL. But the M9 is really the best all around slasher gun.

Huh. So that explains why everyone's using my Marlowe's M9.

Back to Eddy's AK.

Or Talbot's FAL.

or Cutter's KAL.

I aim in all guns, btw. The reason I'm annoying is because I have a 90% throwback success rate.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 10 of 38 (423 Views)
0 Likes